Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #101
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

The pumpkin custard got me looking and I found this recipe for pumpkin oatmeal..

2 cups Old-fashioned Oats
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain, fat free
2 egg whites
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1/3 cup raw honey, more or less to taste
1 3/4 cups milk
Directions: Add the first 4 ingredients to slow cooker and stir to combine. In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients, pour over oat mixture and whisk just to combine. Cover and cook on low 1 1/2 to 2 hours on low or until desired consistency. Garnish with toasted walnuts pieces.

The recipe is from www.skinnyms.com I saw others there that looked good and they are for crock pot also
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #102
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
This is something from my personal website. I first made it in 1998. Here's what I said about it on my site:

"This is something I threw together one morning when I was rushed for time. I had to get to work and start dinner in the crockpot. I had just bought a new bottle of V-8 Spicey Hot{tm} so it was on my mind when I opened the fridge. This is what happened next!"

Arwen's Bloody Mary Chicken

• 2 chicken breasts (huge suckers)
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup V-8 juice (spicy)
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • dash celery seed
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 4 dashes Tabasco
  • 1 sm can mushrooms, drained
Put it all in the crockpot and stirred it. Set it on low for 6-8 hours. The chicken was incredible! Have rice with it for the gravy this makes! I use breasts on the bone. You can throw a few more in but you will want to increase the V-8 by 1/2 cup per 2 chicken breasts. If you do boneless, skinless, then I'd probably do 2-4 chicken breasts with 1/2 cup of V-8.

And you do need the spicy in my opinion. To complete this, just have a green salad and maybe some cornbread or biscuits.

made this for the family just the other day and yes again teh Arwen is amazing
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #103
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,587 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
My kiddo loves this one
Ingredients
1 pound Bob Evans Original Recipe Sausage Roll
1 pound ground beef
1 cup ketchup, divided
1 (1.25 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
2 eggs
Directions
In large bowl, combine sausage, beef, 1/2 cup ketchup, soup mix, bread crumbs and eggs. When well combined, shape into loaf to fit your slow cooker (round or oval). Place into slow cooker.

Cover and cook on low heat 4-6 hours. Spread remaining 1/2 cup ketchup on top of meatloaf 30 minutes before serving. Cover and continue cooking on low heat for 30 minutes.

This looks good - I'm going to get the stuff at the store today!
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #104
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
Coconut Curry Ckicken

•2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
•1 small onion, chopped
•4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
•1 cup light coconut milk
•4 teaspoons curry powder
•1 garlic clove, minced
•1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/4 teaspoon pepper
•2 cups hot cooked rice
•1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
•Raisins, flaked coconut and chopped unsalted peanuts, optional

Directions
•Place potatoes and onion in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides.
• Transfer to slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the coconut milk, curry, garlic, bouillon, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
• Serve chicken and sauce with rice; sprinkle with green onions. Garnish with raisins, coconut and peanuts if desired.

This one sounds delicious also! *bumping recipe to the front so I can find it*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #105
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

I didn't see this one on here yet ...

SUPER EASY MEATBALLS

1 package frozen meatballs (any kind - I use turkey)
1 cup of grape jelly
1 bottle chili sauce (can't remember if its 12 or 16 ounce bottle)

Put it all in a lightly greased slow cooker (think sprayed with Pam), turn on low, let cook for 3 or 4 hours. Enjoy!

I make this a lot during football season ... is also good for bringing to a covered dish meal (potluck).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #106
Trev

How Do You Identify?:
Just a good ole boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

Thanked 10,142 Times in 2,400 Posts
Trev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post
I didn't see this one on here yet ...

SUPER EASY MEATBALLS

1 package frozen meatballs (any kind - I use turkey)
1 cup of grape jelly
1 bottle chili sauce (can't remember if its 12 or 16 ounce bottle)

Put it all in a lightly greased slow cooker (think sprayed with Pam), turn on low, let cook for 3 or 4 hours. Enjoy!

I make this a lot during football season ... is also good for bringing to a covered dish meal (potluck).
These are great, I've had them several times and when I've asked how to make them...it's always this recipe.

Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trev For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2016, 02:39 PM   #107
storyspinner70

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

storyspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputation

I don't use my crock pot for much - You can't control it and mess with it enough lmao, especially my roast I have to be able to really watch and add things to when it's time...it makes me nervous waiting for it and not having any real input except at the beginning lmao.

I have one thing I make in the crock pot though, all the time. I got the recipe somewhere on the net.

Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese

16oz elbow macaroni
3 C cheese - I use cheddar and pepperjack but you can use anything
8oz cream cheese
2 1/2 C milk (may need more depending on how creamy you like it)
12oz evaporated milk

Cook it on low for two hours, check it out and make sure everything is melting properly. Cover it back. Should be done in 2 1/2-3 hours total. Super creamy. You can add more milk if it's too thick for you.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:56 PM   #108
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Bumping for all ye crock potters. Best kitchen appliance ever...
Old 02-14-2024, 09:07 PM   #109
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,986 Times in 9,937 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lentils (legumes)

Today I got my small crock pot out and I am cooking up a batch of lentils.

Here is what I do:

First, rinse off a small package of mixed lentils, which also has split peas too, and rinse off half of a small bag of white navy beans; then put all the washed and rinsed off lentils and beans in the crock pot and cover them with about 20 ounces of miso broth and about a quart of spring water (don’t use tap water).

Add a splash or two of your favorite vinegar (I love rice vinegar), then turn the crock pot on high and wait for the contents to become bubbly hot. Then turn your crock pot down to a low temp, add two cups of dry red wine, and let it all meld together to make a juicy lentil soup.

Serve with naan bread and your favorite hummus (I love red bell Pepper hummus).

Enjoy❣️

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2024, 07:28 AM   #110
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,343 Times in 2,665 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up I’m inspired!

I started two cups of orange lentils and eight cups of water on low. After I have some coffee, I’ll peel a few small potatoes, quarter them, and add them to my slow cooker. I’ll season with a few vegetarian, no chemicals added boullion cubes, garam masala, tumeric, coriander, and curry powder. When Pete gets home from work, I’ll add a can of coconut milk and a package of frozen chopped spinach.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post: