Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #61
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackTime View Post
I was impressed with Jens Voigt yesterday, he did a hell of a job riding across the gap.

Not bad for being the oldest rider in the tour!
I agree! He takes risks many riders don't. 40 is certainly not young for the Tour!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #62
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I agree! He takes risks many riders don't. 40 is certainly not young for the Tour!
Exactly! In fact, he will be 41 in September.

RadioShack/Nissan has been impressive thus far considering Andy Schleck is not racing!!

"There's something to be said for not saying anything"
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #63
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Whoa!

...what a Stage today! It is a shame about Cadel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackTime View Post
Exactly! In fact, he will be 41 in September.

RadioShack/Nissan has been impressive thus far considering Andy Schleck is not racing!!
Yes, I hope that RadioShack/Nissan will make it to the prodium as a team.

If Andy were around, he is who I would be supporting.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #64
mplsgrrl

How Do You Identify?:
low-maintenance femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

mplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tour coverage

I always look forward to the Tour! I hate to admit I'm not as knowledgeable as I'd like to be about it. I'll blame that on a short attention span. Someone had mentioned in a previous post about waiting until 10 minutes into prime time coverage to avoid stage results until their own viewing. I do the same! Though I'm kind of sad each day to not have been able to watch it LIVE.

I will say also that I miss Versus' coverage. I liked to watch for the word of the day or whatever they called the contest and also the trivia. I'm not one for contests, but I found that fun. *dork* I thought they had better video summaries of the stages - though don't count on my memory for that one. I catch up on bicycling.com. But they usually have just interviews and not much race video.

Anyway - I don't participate much in forums. I just wanted to let y'all know there's another Tour fan out there!
mplsgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #65
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I would like to share: Spinners (as in spindles/spinning wheels) around the world hold the Tour De Fleece during the Tour De France!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2012, 05:36 AM   #66
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplsgrrl View Post
I always look forward to the Tour! I hate to admit I'm not as knowledgeable as I'd like to be about it. I'll blame that on a short attention span. Someone had mentioned in a previous post about waiting until 10 minutes into prime time coverage to avoid stage results until their own viewing. I do the same! Though I'm kind of sad each day to not have been able to watch it LIVE.

I will say also that I miss Versus' coverage. I liked to watch for the word of the day or whatever they called the contest and also the trivia. I'm not one for contests, but I found that fun. *dork* I thought they had better video summaries of the stages - though don't count on my memory for that one. I catch up on bicycling.com. But they usually have just interviews and not much race video.

Anyway - I don't participate much in forums. I just wanted to let y'all know there's another Tour fan out there!
Wecome to the thread!

I agree with you about the change (re: Versus). I noticed that the coverage seemed less cohesive...something just seems "sloppy" or doesn't transition well, and also the lack of contests, but didn't put it together.

(oh, and I am the person who delays turning on the TV set!)

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #67
Daktari

Wink stage spoiler free post

Aye shame about Cadel but waaaayheeeey for Wiggo! Aren't Team Sky riding well. It's a joy to watch them work so hard to keep Brad in the maillot jeune. Very reminiscent, I must say, of Armstrong and his team

I'm lucky in that if I so choose to stay in for the afternoon I can watch live tour coverage, as I am doing today (it's rainy and I had a smashing big geared ride last night). I won't watch the conclusion though and will catch that later tonight when I settle down in bed and watch the highlights..........ooops! Just made a liar of myself and have seen who has taken today's stage. I won't post any spoilers for y'all though

ETA: Oh aye...forgot...welcome to Jo and mpslgrrl
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #68
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone else impressed with Chris Froome (hope I'm spelling that right) yesterday? I thought he had worn himself out, but clearly not. I like the team players who do all they can for their teammates.....but part of me would have liked to see what he could have done if he hadn't gone back for Wiggins near the end!
Old 07-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #69
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

First off, I was very glad to see David Millar win the stage. Garmin has had a rough road of it and David hasn't wone a stage in years (10?). I am also glad just because he has always been a rider I have favored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Aye shame about Cadel but waaaayheeeey for Wiggo! Aren't Team Sky riding well. It's a joy to watch them work so hard to keep Brad in the maillot jeune. Very reminiscent, I must say, of Armstrong and his team

I'm lucky in that if I so choose to stay in for the afternoon I can watch live tour coverage, as I am doing today (it's rainy and I had a smashing big geared ride last night). I won't watch the conclusion though and will catch that later tonight when I settle down in bed and watch the highlights..........ooops! Just made a liar of myself and have seen who has taken today's stage. I won't post any spoilers for y'all though

ETA: Oh aye...forgot...welcome to Jo and mpslgrrl
I know you love your Wiggo, Incubus, but I have just never taken to him for some reason (prior to this Tour).

What do you think about the talk of him having these moments of disrespect toward other riders and also his refusal to speak in French to the French press?

I know what you are saying that it reminds you of the Tours with Lance. I thought the same thing. (of course, the feeling attached to that thought was sadness that Lance is no longer riding).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Anyone else impressed with Chris Froome (hope I'm spelling that right) yesterday? I thought he had worn himself out, but clearly not. I like the team players who do all they can for their teammates.....but part of me would have liked to see what he could have done if he hadn't gone back for Wiggins near the end!
I know what you are saying about wanting to see what Froome can do. Especially when I first starting watching the Tour I would have the same thoughts when I saw riders who appeared stronger than their leader. Froome will have his day, though. Some team, or Sky will at some point pick him up to take on that role.

No doubt, we will see the same happen to Tejay. He is young so I am hopeful that he might be our new Lance! (ok, one can dream, right?) He does well on both the flats and the mountains, so he really may be a Tour contender some day.

Ok, I will stop rambling...stage 13 is on!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #70
Daktari

Quote:
First off, I was very glad to see David Millar win the stage. Garmin has had a rough road of it and David hasn't wone a stage in years (10?). I am also glad just because he has always been a rider I have favored.
I was pleased to see Millar win a stage; it's been quite some time since he did. Infact I think he was still doping when he last did. What I like about him is that he is now an anti-drug activist after coming back from his drug ban. However I have a little problem with the Brit Olympic folks making an exception for him (and Dwayne Chambers I think) in their policy of proven drug cheats never being allowed to compete for Team GB in any Olympics.

Quote:
I know you love your Wiggo, Incubus, but I have just never taken to him for some reason (prior to this Tour).

What do you think about the talk of him having these moments of disrespect toward other riders and also his refusal to speak in French to the French press?
Bradley comes across as a really nice chap when in conversation and has been a fabulous ambassador for the sport here. As regard to his refusal to speak French - I remember when Lance Armstrong did the same despite being able to speak French - but I think it's no big deal really, except to those who think 'tradition' means never changing anything..anyhoo, not so sure the peleton all speak Italian for the Giro or Castillian for the Vuelta.

As regards 'disrespect'; egos clash, petty squabbles break out, personalities get in the way...such is life when you spend 24/7 with the same people for weeks on end

Quote:
I know what you are saying that it reminds you of the Tours with Lance. I thought the same thing. (of course, the feeling attached to that thought was sadness that Lance is no longer riding).
I understand you lot miss Lance, he was talented but didn't ride in or win any of the other major races sadly, so isn't in my personal top 5 riders. I miss Big Mig. Wiggo has the potential one of the great riders but we shall see if he can handle the potential and deliver.

Quote:
I know what you are saying about wanting to see what Froome can do. Especially when I first starting watching the Tour I would have the same thoughts when I saw riders who appeared stronger than their leader. Froome will have his day, though. Some team, or Sky will at some point pick him up to take on that role.

No doubt, we will see the same happen to Tejay. He is young so I am hopeful that he might be our new Lance! (ok, one can dream, right?) He does well on both the flats and the mountains, so he really may be a Tour contender some day.

Ok, I will stop rambling...stage 13 is on!
Froome, van Garderen and Sagan are all young guys to watch in the years to come. I can't wait to see their stories unfold.

Time for me to settle down to today's stage which I haven't heard even a glimmer about so it'll all be a surprise. It's a cracking tour this year. I'm glad y'all are enjoying it too. cheesy:
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #71
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
...what a Stage today! It is a shame about Cadel.

Yes, I hope that RadioShack/Nissan will make it to the prodium as a team.

If Andy were around, he is who I would be supporting.
I believe Andy would be in contention if he was riding in this tour. I would support him because he rides for one of my favorite teams.

"There's something to be said for not saying anything"
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #72
mplsgrrl

How Do You Identify?:
low-maintenance femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

mplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Personal bests/break aways

Okay... so I know The Tour showcases cycling as mostly a team sport. I appreciate that aspect and the skills and strategy involved. I find myself waiting for someone (Froome, etc) to really bust it out on their own. They all have their jobs to do in the team - to protect and bring forward their captain. As we've seen, the others may actually be stronger than their captains. Eh... it would just be fun to watch.

Also... I imagine many of you have wondered over the years about female professional cyclists participating and/or having an equivalent tour. Alas, we know how that goes...
The Following User Says Thank You to mplsgrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #73
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Okay... so I know The Tour showcases cycling as mostly a team sport. I appreciate that aspect and the skills and strategy involved. I find myself waiting for someone (Froome, etc) to really bust it out on their own. They all have their jobs to do in the team - to protect and bring forward their captain. As we've seen, the others may actually be stronger than their captains. Eh... it would just be fun to watch.

Also... I imagine many of you have wondered over the years about female professional cyclists participating and/or having an equivalent tour. Alas, we know how that goes...
I just found this interesting article, about the 6 women cyclists that are currently riding the entire Tour course, ahead of the men. They are working cooperatively rather than racing...which naturally changes things. However, it shows that women can ride this course...and I love that they're doing it.

The goal is to raise awareness about women's cycling...and the need for sponsorship equivalent to the men's in order to help young cyclists develop and grow.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:39 AM   #74
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:

http://reve.cc/blog/archives/351

Another article. I saw advertised during the tour the site through Cannondale, but didn't find it when I went on the site and don't have time this morning to search.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #75
mplsgrrl

How Do You Identify?:
low-maintenance femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

Default Searching

for more info on the Reve Women's team. Thanks much to Dapper and JustJo for links to those articles. While watching The Tour a couple days ago, I saw a commercial for the team of 6 women. I enjoyed Heidi Swift's interview in the article JustJo posted. She seems so down-to-earth and makes me really excited for their adventure and what a real possibility women's cycling could hold in the future. Kudos to them!

I haven't had a lot of time on the internet today, so I haven't been able to talk about the Reve Women's team blogs that have been mentioned...

48 cycle tire punctures yesterday! Plus 3 of the 5 media motorcycles and some portion of police motorcycles. Terrible.

I've got the prime time version of today's stage on right now. ;-)

I hope y'all are having fun today!
The Following User Says Thank You to mplsgrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #76
Daktari

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/roa...rance-winner-0

Well Lordy! The boys did it

Team Sky were disciplined and rode so damned well. Every man played the part he'd been given and the executed the job perfectly.

I can only applaud their collective achievement. Bradley has already spoken of riding in a team supporting Froome. Watch this space. There's more to come from this bunch.

Loads of guys rode well. It's been a cracking Tour all round.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #77
SF_Boi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Human
Relationship Status:
Ask Me

SF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST Reputation
Default 2012 Tour de France

I full filled one of my "bucket list's" by being physically present for the last stage of the tour. It was everything I dreamed it would be. It was great to be around so many cycling enthusiasts, the energy, the floats, the different teams, it was great. I'm thinking of returning in two years and catching the last four stages.
SF_Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SF_Boi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #78
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_Boi View Post
I full filled one of my "bucket list's" by being physically present for the last stage of the tour. It was everything I dreamed it would be. It was great to be around so many cycling enthusiasts, the energy, the floats, the different teams, it was great. I'm thinking of returning in two years and catching the last four stages.
Holy crap, no way! I am so glad you got to experience that. That is on my bucket list, as well!

Old 08-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #79
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_Boi View Post
Quote:
Holy crap, no way! I am so glad you got to experience that. That is on my bucket list, as well!
Ditto.

You're so very lucky SF_Boi, I'm glad it was all you hoped is would be.

Did everyone lose interest the Tour?

Go the Team GB cyclists this year huh? ...I think they did quite well in the Olympics

Who's going to be following the rather imminent Vuelta?
Old 08-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #80
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default I'm sure everyone has seen this, but....

http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/st...6pLid%3D196452

I don't even know what to think. I know one thing, it makes me sad. If it is true, it makes me sad. If it is not true and he lost his titles for no reason, it makes me sad.

Nothing good here....