Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-09-2015, 09:45 PM   #301
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I found a local place called knitting divas!

Not only can you buy great yarn....they havr felting and spinning classes also!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:47 PM   #302
goodlilfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
beautiful , gorgeous, breathtaking
Relationship Status:
running through somebody's mind and my legs are not exhausted in fact they're stronger then ever

goodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputation

i love sewing havent learned how to crochet yet but i got time to learn how
goodlilfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goodlilfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2015, 11:01 PM   #303
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

I love to knit. My great nephew got a knitted kermit frog hat from me for christmas. Only took 2 days to knit
Old 01-11-2015, 02:52 AM   #304
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

So we went to Michael's today and she helped me pick out some good yarn to start knitting with. Let the new adventure again and I will be back to talk about my progress.

I am going to start by learning on a loom thing that she had me buy. Heck if I know what it's called but I am pretty sure loom is right. It's long and skinny. This should be fun.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2015, 11:48 PM   #305
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
So we went to Michael's today and she helped me pick out some good yarn to start knitting with. Let the new adventure again and I will be back to talk about my progress.

I am going to start by learning on a loom thing that she had me buy. Heck if I know what it's called but I am pretty sure loom is right. It's long and skinny. This should be fun.
We need to get back to knitting. You do learn quickly though, so you kinda rock!
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2015, 02:16 AM   #306
cheekyali

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Happily single

cheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputation

I crochet and been doing it for a couple of years now...I always have more than one piece on the go and I am forever looking for new things to do.

Its my relaxor and my stressor at the same time.
cheekyali is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheekyali For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2015, 05:50 PM   #307
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

I knit and crochet. I too up crocheting about two years ago. I learned to knit as a kid and got back into knitting regularly about 3 years ago. I am a yarn aholic. I love ravelry. I also go to a yarn group every week. It has been a great resource for patterns, ideas, and the group is a lot of fun. I have two projects in progress right now, a knitted lace shawl and my first pair of knitted socks using the magic loop method.
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2015, 05:53 PM   #308
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyali View Post
I crochet and been doing it for a couple of years now...I always have more than one piece on the go and I am forever looking for new things to do.

Its my relaxor and my stressor at the same time.
I know what you mean about a relaxed and a stressor. I have two projects going right now. It stresses me to have too many at once lol. I am obsessed with ravelry and finding new patterns.

Where in the UK are you? I am from Oxford but live in us now.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #309
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Meander View Post
My biggest crochet-related problem to date is that I have expensive taste in yarn. Anyone have the inside scoop for discounted, high quality yarn?
I know this question was posted a while ago, but if you have a Tuesday morning in your town they often have discounted yarn. I recently bought some wool and silk mix yarn for about 70 percent off the retail price. You have to check the store and their ads regularly to see what they have.
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2015, 06:17 PM   #310
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

Did not know this thread was here, cool. Working on a baby blanket with super soft cozy Bernat yarn which was really inexpensive.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2017, 11:22 AM   #311
DressyFemme

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Relationship Status:
MARRIED :)

DressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Knitting fanatic

I'm a knitting fanatic. Been knitting for 5 years now after learning from my roommate in residential inpatient treatment for my binge eating disorder. It's a form of meditation, a form of mindfulness that keeps me away from the fridge and hyper focused on something else. Own more yarn than I'll ever get to knit... run a knitting and crochet group locally for LGBT knitters and crocheters. Love fiber festivals.... I'd say I am an an advanced beginner to intermediate level. Want to learn intarsia and Kitchener. Want to relearn cables.
DressyFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DressyFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2017, 07:33 PM   #312
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,912 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

A friend taught me how to crochet granny squares many years ago, but I can't remember how anymore????? I bought a kid's book to teach myself to knit years ago but never quite got the hang of it.... I'd like to start a new hobby and maybe I could try crochet or knitting again? Or another thing I've always been interested in but never really got into is macrame. Oh and latch hook rugs!!!!
Old 04-02-2017, 07:35 PM   #313
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
A friend taught me how to crochet granny squares many years ago, but I can't remember how anymore????? I bought a kid's book to teach myself to knit years ago but never quite got the hang of it.... I'd like to start a new hobby and maybe I could try crochet or knitting again? Or another thing I've always been interested in but never really got into is macrame. Oh and latch hook rugs!!!!

Do it!
I'm knitting a shawl right now...my 1st project in years
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2017, 02:59 AM   #314
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default Crochet for me!

I never did get the hang of knitting, but I love to crochet.

Tunisian crochet is my favorite, and just making blankets.

I don't make things with a pattern like a sweater.

Its cathartic! ...........
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2017, 10:49 AM   #315
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,912 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I'm gonna check out the stores on my next day off for beginners books.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:49 PM   #316
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm gonna check out the stores on my next day off for beginners books.
Gay, try youtube search you will find a lot of videos on crochet and knitting
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2017, 03:01 PM   #317
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

katiescrochetgoodies.com

try this one.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2017, 04:40 PM   #318
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Gay, try youtube search you will find a lot of videos on crochet and knitting
I was gonna say the same thing. That's how I finally learned how to knit!
Old 06-05-2017, 08:33 PM   #319
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Guess what I'm doing this Saturday?!?! http://www.wwkipday.com/knit-strangers-proutopia/

Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2017, 06:10 PM   #320
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,587 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

I'm working on a lace scarf. My first try at something more complicated and it's taking me a while. I don't know how to post photos so I'm putting the link here. I'm doing it in a dark red yarn.
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:

Tags
crocheting, hobbies, knitting