How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,009 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Tiny Dog made a mess in the driveway today. It is snowing here, and to be honest, she can't tell where the driveway ends and the yard begins. Also, the wind chill is something like -2, and she just wanted to be done pooping and get back in the house.

So I get to go out in -2 wind chill and clean poop off the driveway. Better to do it now than wait until the snow melts and I can't see where it is.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 02:15 PM   #1322
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hope, as you know, is my little red, blind senior dachshund I adopted a year & a half ago.

She is SO sweet. ALL she wants is to be cuddled right next to me..any place I may be.

She rode in a BIG truck for 14 hours then slept in the seat beside me overnight. She is just so happy.....wags her tail all the time..and gives me kisses so freely. We are one another's bestie.

I always smile to think where she came from and where she is now.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:31 PM   #1323
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Tiny Dog made a mess in the driveway today. It is snowing here, and to be honest, she can't tell where the driveway ends and the yard begins. Also, the wind chill is something like -2, and she just wanted to be done pooping and get back in the house.

So I get to go out in -2 wind chill and clean poop off the driveway. Better to do it now than wait until the snow melts and I can't see where it is.
Just a note here for people in a similar situation who aren't used to snow and freezing temps: If you _do_ wait to scoop the poop, it will get frozen and stick to the driveway.

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 09:25 PM   #1324
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

My dog Played in the snow....

She was so excited she almost had my daughter falling down the steps on the way out. Then she was running all over the place and had to be chased down. We all had fun with her today. Snacking on snowballs seems to be her thing.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:37 PM   #1325
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Monte woke me up to let me know he and Survival Cat's dishes were "empty". For them that means there is at least half a meal between them left still sitting in their bowls. No one is going to die around here if they aren't poured more food immediately - ever. But they will sit in front of their bowls looking all tragic and pathetic as if to say - Help, we're being starved. We can't reach the bottom of the dish, our bowls are too deep, we can't get our faces in there - please pour us more food before we die. And people say – Oh look they're so hungry pour them more food. However if no one comes over and I don't pour them more food till what's in their bowls is gone, they'll eat every last crumb. Then Monte will come over paw tap me, lead me to his bowl to show me it's empty and get me to pour them more food. No one is ever going to die of hunger around here. I'm here all day to pour them more food as often as as they need. Plus they nosh on spendy grain free canned cat food and vet recommended officially sanctioned approved occasional cat treats. But you wouldn't know it what for the pleading looks when I am weary and/or witnesses are around. I should change Monte's name to Oliver and name the other one Twist. Just because even though for fortunate them it just isn't so, well that's how they act.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2018, 06:52 AM   #1326
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Gracie just fell off the arm of the sofa. lol

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2018, 07:11 AM   #1327
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Monte woke me up to let me know he and Survival Cat's dishes were "empty". For them that means there is at least half a meal between them left still sitting in their bowls. No one is going to die around here if they aren't poured more food immediately - ever. But they will sit in front of their bowls looking all tragic and pathetic as if to say - Help, we're being starved. We can't reach the bottom of the dish, our bowls are too deep, we can't get our faces in there - please pour us more food before we die. And people say – Oh look they're so hungry pour them more food. However if no one comes over and I don't pour them more food till what's in their bowls is gone, they'll eat every last crumb. Then Monte will come over paw tap me, lead me to his bowl to show me it's empty and get me to pour them more food. No one is ever going to die of hunger around here. I'm here all day to pour them more food as often as as they need. Plus they nosh on spendy grain free canned cat food and vet recommended officially sanctioned approved occasional cat treats. But you wouldn't know it what for the pleading looks when I am weary and/or witnesses are around. I should change Monte's name to Oliver and name the other one Twist. Just because even though for fortunate them it just isn't so, well that's how they act.
Haha Love the Oliver Twist reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Gracie just fell off the arm of the sofa. lol
It's good she's a cat and not a dog!

I am feeling bad for Mr. Potato today. I have been home with him for four weeks, but going back to work today. He is going to be sad. (I assume he will be anyway. I certainly am!).

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2018, 08:50 AM   #1328
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

My three clowns ate a big breakfast at 7:00 a.m. and then went outside for about 10 minutes to potty. After that, they came back inside, went back to bed.

They loved being out in the snow to begin with and did not want to come inside yesterday morning when they first discovered it. After realizing frozen paws hurt, they did not want to be outside very long.

Lotion has been my constant companion and friend. I 've never bothered myself with lotion but I sure have been following suggestions of you good people here. It has helped tremendously with dry, cracked, chapped skin. It hurt and burned until I bought the recommended lotion. Thank you from me.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2018, 11:18 AM   #1329
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pets

This morning the kitten could not see her friend baby kitty because the bed covers were in her way so she did her meerkat impression. Haha!

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2018, 02:19 PM   #1330
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Tiny Dog was so happy to be out in the warm temps (mid 60s) she ran all over the place and smelled everything. Lately during the cold weather she has just wanted to get back inside as quickly as possible.

- Prince
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2018, 08:10 PM   #1331
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Gracie has mistaken my thigh for a pillow the past couple of days.

I haven't minded.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2018, 04:27 PM   #1332
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

My cat has been ill. She's doing a little better, but the best sound in the world right now is when her tag clicks against the food bowl. I hear that and I know she's eating
Old 02-04-2018, 06:19 PM   #1333
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I have been at my mom's house this weekend, so Diva Kitty and Tiny Dog had a pet sitter. They were _so_ glad to see me when I got home! Diva Kitty did a roll with her belly up in the air to be rubbed, and Tiny Dog stuck her head under my other hand.

- Prince
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2018, 07:43 PM   #1334
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation
Default New addition to the family....

Briar Baby had a big day of cuddles, naps, learning to eat crunchy puppy food, playing with her froggy, learning to go potty outside, getting her itty bitty nails clipped, more naps with her woobear blanket, more cuddles, meeting her 2 big brothers, big sister and her baby turtle sister, and getting her first bath.
Poor baby is tuckered out.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2018, 08:41 PM   #1335
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

It rained until around 9:00 this morning, then cleared up.

Jennifer, Kevie and Jeffrey played so hard outside the rest of the day while I burned stumps.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2018, 11:26 AM   #1336
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Baby has an ultrasound tomorrow. Poor thing. She hates the vet. She is a good girl though. Pretty cooperative although everything about her says I'm so miserable. Has to happen tho.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:08 PM   #1337
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Diva Kitty has developed a disturbing behavior. She thinks it is fun to lie on her back, play with electrical cords, and chew them!!! So far, fortunately, I have only seen her do it with one cord, and it is a cord that is plugged into a power strip, which I leave turned off when I'm not around. She ran away when I yelled at her, so hopefully she just did it the one time. She was probably trying to show me how cute she was by rolling around with her belly in the air and playing with the cord. But no, no, NO! I had a kitty once who burned a hole in his tongue that way. We thought for awhile he might need plastic surgery so that he would be able to eat, but he figured out how to make do. I do not want Diva Kitty to have to go through that!

Tiny Dog is just happy because she got to pee in a new place today. We went walkies in a different direction than usual.

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2018, 09:12 PM   #1338
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

One is recovering from having all his teeth removed. Poor thing was glued to my side all day.
One "protested" because he had to share my bedside.
One got sassy and pissy when the new baby tried to play.
The baby turtle hissed at me and stuck her tongue out when I tried to clean her breakfast off the top of her head.
Both kitty boys tried to wrap themselves around my ankles while we were in the yard.
And the baby tried her best to bark like a big dog and she was WIRED all day!
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2018, 09:19 PM   #1339
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Diva Kitty has developed a disturbing behavior. She thinks it is fun to lie on her back, play with electrical cords, and chew them!!! So far, fortunately, I have only seen her do it with one cord, and it is a cord that is plugged into a power strip, which I leave turned off when I'm not around. She ran away when I yelled at her, so hopefully she just did it the one time. She was probably trying to show me how cute she was by rolling around with her belly in the air and playing with the cord. But no, no, NO! I had a kitty once who burned a hole in his tongue that way. We thought for awhile he might need plastic surgery so that he would be able to eat, but he figured out how to make do. I do not want Diva Kitty to have to go through that!

Tiny Dog is just happy because she got to pee in a new place today. We went walkies in a different direction than usual.
Squirt bottle. I have a chewer. She will gnaw on anything...cords, metal, plastic, furniture, toys, the litter box....the list is endless. I have tiny spray bottles hidden all over the apartment and when she's getting into something, I spray her. The amount of trouble she's gotten into has decreased since I started this. It won't hurt her but it will startle her and, with consistency, she'll figure out that's a no no.

Another option is to find a bitter spray and spray it on the cords in the house so if she does chomp down, it won't taste good.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2018, 10:59 AM   #1340
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

So Baby has figured out that the carrier means bad things. It took me an hour and a half to catch her this morning. Eventually, I trapped her in one room and called a neighbor to help. If I get on the floor, I may not get up. Certainly not with a cat in hand. So I was uber late to the vet, but the took her anyway. I have to pick her up in a couple of hours. Next time I will grab her first opportunity in the morning and take her to the crate instead of the opposite. Gawd.

Tags
animals, pets