Old 05-04-2015, 06:19 PM   #81
Femminator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married, but not legally in my state!

Femminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
I didn't know I was asking or even talking about TG. That wasn't even on my mind. I guess I wasn't very clear. Sorry.

If she does come here tell her to pm me if she would like. I would be glad to chat back and forth a bit on the subject. Sometimes things are clearer when there is an exchange with someone instead of just posting my thoughts.

Let's hope so anyway cause clearly I did a piss poor job this go round.
No, you're fine, I am just trying to think about it all and post clearly and it's so stinkn' hard online! You kinda have to read into to some things so it is probably my own spin on things.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:46 AM   #82
Mormegil

How Do You Identify?:
just myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
meh
Relationship Status:
single

Mormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST Reputation

I dont really know where I stand. My brother has told me countless times that im butch. and i do wear masculine clothing and have other traits associated with being butch.

But when i look into the mirror , i dont feel "butch" , I dont feel anything. not femme or butch. I simply exist.
I dont feel very feminine or masculine at all. But sometimes the balance i seem to have shifts one way or the other and then i return to the middle. and i tend to be extremely flexible when it comes to a partner. if she is more masculine iam usually more submissive unless she is. and if shes femme I can be her gentleman . I comfortably shift according to the needs or vibes she gives off , but its not something i do at will , it just kinda happens naturally by itself.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:57 AM   #83
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Mormegil, I understand how you feel. When I was younger I felt that way although I always liked more femme women (even if they didn't traditionally present that way). As I get older I am taking on a more butch sense, however in truth I feel a lot like you most of the time...more butch (and in behavior and mental thoughts definitely) soft, athletic butch in presentation but find clothes hard to buy because a lot of time with fashion I am in the middle...mind more metrosexual...body not exactly there these day.

I am just me and each day I feel more and more like that is ok. This week is graduation week at the college I teach at and under my robes (hot in the sun I will tell you that) I will be dressed professionally in linen, soft butch like but will probably wear some eye make up....etc. I think it is more to be comfortable with who you feel you are at the moment and not have to dress or act within the guidelines of any labels...that is my thought for the day...although like I said I ID as butch...even with man liner I feel more butch. when I am with a woman, more dominant and gentlemanly, etc.
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2015, 08:10 AM   #84
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
I dont really know where I stand. My brother has told me countless times that im butch. and i do wear masculine clothing and have other traits associated with being butch.

But when i look into the mirror , i dont feel "butch" , I dont feel anything. not femme or butch. I simply exist.
I dont feel very feminine or masculine at all. But sometimes the balance i seem to have shifts one way or the other and then i return to the middle. and i tend to be extremely flexible when it comes to a partner. if she is more masculine iam usually more submissive unless she is. and if shes femme I can be her gentleman . I comfortably shift according to the needs or vibes she gives off , but its not something i do at will , it just kinda happens naturally by itself.
If it was the 1950's, they would call you kiki since you could switch back and forth. Back then you had to choose butch or femme and if you could not slide yourself (or force yourself, I suspect), into one of those roles (or gender identity, depending upon how you saw it), you were called "kiki", with the expectation that you could go back and forth depending on who you partnered with.

Anyway, you don't have to be butch or femme. That is just one tiny slice of the lesbian/queer community. Seems to me it is a great way to fly...more choices! ha!

Remember, even if you don't identify as butch or femme (or trans, for that matter), you are welcome here.

P.S. No one is allowed to define you, but you. Especially not your brother!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2015, 08:27 AM   #85
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post

I hope it's OK for me to comment in this thread even though I'm not butch. There's no need for you to make decisions about how to present. It's really, REALLY perfectly OK to just be who you are in the moment. No one else gets to tell you how that 'should' be, or to identify you as butch or femme. Simply existing is just fine. Most of the butch and femme women I know simply exist, which places them somewhere in a vast galaxy of possible presentations. A few of those women are extraordinarily masculine, and others are really traditionally feminine. Most of the others fall somewhere in between. They aren't posturing. It's just who they are. And that's great.

By the way, I understand that there's a societal assumption that masculine=dominant, and feminine=submissive. That assumption is problematic for many of us. You can be very masculine and not at all dominant, and vice versa.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:41 AM   #86
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Just as cloths don't make the person, hair styles, shoes,shirts kilt, whatever one wears does not make them who they are. I could wear a dress and still be presenting as male, you'd soooo know the difference. Here's the thing, how ever she presents doesn't change who she is. Humans have been trying to figure this thing out for millinia, (sp) and it still comes down to ....Be You.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2015, 10:06 PM   #87
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

Speaking for myself only,I would hate it if my lady told me she likes fucking straight men..like WTF!!
It would be I suppose a jealous thing for me,because I like to think I can fullfill my lady's needs in everyway possible.

This is the kicker..ready?

I do fuck men.I am a butch woman..I don't see anything wrong with me doing it.I mean i'm not involved with any bio-man at the moment.But it was not that long ago that I had an affair with a man,which ended as quickly as it started.She knows about these 'flings' and told me its just primal urges *snort*

If She had any primal urges like mine,i'd probably end the relationship.

Is it a double standard?

Affair to me means some romance and then wham bam thank you,i'm gone.

I don't think i'm cheating on her,she doesn't either.

I'd like to marry this woman some day,but I wouldn't blame her if she left me tomorrow.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:10 PM   #88
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Personally my opinion that's a double standard.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2017, 07:23 PM   #89
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Deborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST Reputation

I would like to know what percent of butches do you think are attracted to femmes? And what percent to butches?
I've always been curious about this.

Deborah
Deborah* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deborah* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2017, 07:41 PM   #90
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Well.... I'm thinking your data is likely to be a bit squed since this is a Butch/Femme site. Even so, there are some Butches on here who have said they like other Butches.

As for a % ... I couldn't say ... but... you can count me among the Femme fan gang. <~~ say that five times fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah* View Post
I would like to know what percent of butches do you think are attracted to femmes? And what percent to butches?

Deborah
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 01:38 AM   #91
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Deborah
How's about a genderqueer leaning a little towards butch who is only attracted to butches and other genderqueers.

What's that do to the survey? lol
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 01:03 PM   #92
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Deborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST Reputation

Again I'm asking.. please answer, I've been curious and would like to know.

What percent of butches do you think are attracted to femmes, and what percent are attracted to butches? To clarify, I'm not referring to this website, but the public in general.

Deborah
Old 10-04-2017, 02:26 PM   #93
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

What percent of butches do you think are attracted to femmes, and what percent are attracted to butches? To clarify, I'm not referring to this website, but the public in general.

Deborah
I dont think there has been a study on this. I know that each of us no matter how we ID is ever changing.

I wish you luck getting this answer
Old 10-04-2017, 03:07 PM   #94
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default Think ice cream flavors

Law of attraction equals personal preference.I always liked women who were "girly" in appearance only.Women who are strong and smart.Women who aren't afraid to speak their mind.I'm very attracted to Femmes,generally,all women.They have the energy I crave.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 05:14 PM   #95
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Deborah
My only experiences of butches is online B-F forums over the 15+ I have been on them. It is rare to see a butch interested another butch. “In real life”, I mainly see androgynous lesbians/soft butches, and they are interested in each other. I live in the mid atlantic/north east states.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:23 PM   #96
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
My only experiences of butches is online B-F forums over the 15+ I have been on them. It is rare to see a butch interested another butch. “In real life”, I mainly see androgynous lesbians/soft butches, and they are interested in each other. I live in the mid atlantic/north east states.
Thanks Dapper.

Deborah
The Following User Says Thank You to Deborah* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2017, 08:08 PM   #97
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I dont think a study has been done on this.

But i havent bern on bfp long enough to really think about the percentages.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:04 PM   #98
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Deborah
I don't know, I've lived in a few different countries and several citites... and the places that had dyke bars and genderqueer pubs/night clubs...

I'd say most butches had flexibility. Kinda like most people. Most butches liked tomboy femmes, some practical femmes, androgynous types, other butches of various types.
Most butches I knew, hung out with, got with, even married, had *one* butch-butch relationship in their past at the very least.

It's rare I know butches who *strictly* absolutely no exception whatsoever, EVER, see femmes. Most have shagged a butch or an androgynous dyke or had relationships with them, either when there are no femmes around, and they can't deal with screwing married straight women anymore, OR they meet an androgynous/butch dyke with "feminine" traits they recognise as attractive and they have an epiphany about relationships.

I'd say butch-femme -strictly, no exception- is not common.

that's not what people will tell you on some message boards of FB groups but I also know what people say amongst other butches and in front of femmes, and where they have actually shagged is another matter.

people have standard deviation lengths that they will allow away from core attractions. It's a matter of how wide those standard deviations are, and how many someone finds acceptable (how fluid someone is in attraction).
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2017, 10:06 PM   #99
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Deborah
I doubt that anyone would be willing or able to give you a number. It varies wildly from region to region. For instance, I've met a relatively large number of butch women who partner with other butches in the Bay Area of the US, and similarly found that there are plenty of regions in the US and Canada where there just aren't very many butches of any type. At all. I really have trouble figuring that one out. Then there's the problem of self identification varying from place to place and generation to generation. In some places the women who might identify as butch don't seem at all butch to me because I'm accustomed to a specific style of presentation, and those self identified butches would never ping my radar. And then I meet younger people who I would most certainly call butch, but they would never call themselves that. They identify as genderqueer, stud, ag, MOC, or anything else as long as it's not butch. So they may look like butches partnering with other butches, but that's far from how they would categorize themselves.

I'm sorry to tell you that your question doesn't have an answer.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:58 AM   #100
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
I doubt that anyone would be willing or able to give you a number. It varies wildly from region to region. For instance, I've met a relatively large number of butch women who partner with other butches in the Bay Area of the US, and similarly found that there are plenty of regions in the US and Canada where there just aren't very many butches of any type. At all. I really have trouble figuring that one out. Then there's the problem of self identification varying from place to place and generation to generation. In some places the women who might identify as butch don't seem at all butch to me because I'm accustomed to a specific style of presentation, and those self identified butches would never ping my radar. And then I meet younger people who I would most certainly call butch, but they would never call themselves that. They identify as genderqueer, stud, ag, MOC, or anything else as long as it's not butch. So they may look like butches partnering with other butches, but that's far from how they would categorize themselves.

I'm sorry to tell you that your question doesn't have an answer.
Exactly. Perfect, perfect, perfect. Everything you listed.

In regards to what imperfect cupcake said about people (in this case butches), not being honest and having dates or slept with other butches, that is something that I have never considered. I think it is pretty ridiculous to not be upfront about that. I have never slept with a butch, but who the heck cares? I guess I get it though, people are so worried about what others think. Is it like a person is a "gold star butch" to have never slept with anyone but a femme?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: