Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Thinking Harder

Old 12-19-2011, 02:20 AM   #21
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

And he can do that by refusing to appoint the fox to watch the hen house. No USDA appointments for Monsanto types. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Yeah, well, she needs to push her husband a bit more on this issue!
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #22
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

regardless of the words or facade they project, I have never known the government to be for the people. I see some attempts to do the right thing but it all boils down to another agenda. Some play the game better then others but all in all its a game.

My son said to me the other day that if I thought I pissed people off with all my ranting about animal care and food safety. I honestly don't care the people that want to listen can listen and those who don't cant get pissed off, ignore me or anything else. I find it difficult to even be around people who are not conscious enough to care. This is the honest truth. I listen to southern small talk and the lack of respect for our animals and planet and I just want to take a machine gun and put them out of their misery. lol As I get older I become more passionate and I feel that if my ranting reaches even one person and they think before they buy or they stop shoving artificial crap down their childs throat, just one person then I have made change and that is worth it to me. We simply can not stop talking, sharing, giving and asking people to consider the big picture. Not ever.

I don't waste my time donating to BS charities and the local food coalition, which I removed myself from is all fed by government propaganda, red tape and control. If anything is going to get done when it comes to food safety then it will be grass roots and each one of us helping even one person change the way they think. You'd be surprised how much can get done. So if I can influence a dozen mothers, teach them to buy and prepare organic then those dozen mothers are supporting the local food system and taking money out of the chemicals companies because their kids dont need it. I live in an area that is not receptive to these things. Its not the major metro areas where being green is cool. Here you have to fight with the store managers to get them to carry even one organic item.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 08:03 AM   #23
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

My honey and I watched the Future of Food last night. Now we are questioning if there could be any foods that have not been touched by GMO. How do we know our garden seeds haven't been contaminated?

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #24
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
My honey and I watched the Future of Food last night. Now we are questioning if there could be any foods that have not been touched by GMO. How do we know our garden seeds haven't been contaminated?
Now is the time to buy non=gmo organic seeds and learn how to save your seeds to replant. Its been done this way for 100's of years. If you live in a farming community where GMO crops are close by then you may have a problem.

I think that you will see more and more people setting up cold frames and controlled environments to protect food. I'm lucky that there are no major crops and planting close by because its hilly but its still a concern.

A woman who lives a few hours north of me discovered that the huge corn fields surrounding her little place are all GMO and heavily sprayed. She is organic. How bad does that suck? Because round up and all those chemcials run off into the water systems.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #25
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

Thanked 1,565 Times in 380 Posts
persiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post

the only way to really know is to have the DNA tested. gmo products will have a marker gene that's clearly identifiable, but how does the average person do this? here's a link to a testing supply house:

http://www.biogeneticservices.com/dnagmo.htm
persiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to persiphone For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #26
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

persiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Now is the time to buy non=gmo organic seeds and learn how to save your seeds to replant. Its been done this way for 100's of years. If you live in a farming community where GMO crops are close by then you may have a problem.

I think that you will see more and more people setting up cold frames and controlled environments to protect food. I'm lucky that there are no major crops and planting close by because its hilly but its still a concern.

A woman who lives a few hours north of me discovered that the huge corn fields surrounding her little place are all GMO and heavily sprayed. She is organic. How bad does that suck? Because round up and all those chemcials run off into the water systems.

bees will infect your plants by carrying gmo pollen around. since bees travel up to two miles or more there is no real way to know unless you test your stuff. this is also why there's no such thing as organic honey. and lots of gmo sites are secret, which is another huge problem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to persiphone For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #27
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by persiphone View Post
bees will infect your plants by carrying gmo pollen around. since bees travel up to two miles or more there is no real way to know unless you test your stuff. this is also why there's no such thing as organic honey. and lots of gmo sites are secret, which is another huge problem.
Hopefully new regulations will be enforced at some point. Hopefully it won't be too late.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #28
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

Quote:
Hopefully new regulations will be enforced at some point. Hopefully it won't be too late.

well bees are a whole other source of food related contention for me, with a whole slew of OTHER issues surrounding the world's bee hive populations and the honeys extracted from those hives both politically and ethically. regulations that are currently in place are openly defied regularly by other countries (like China) who dump toxic honey in our ports illegally. this stuff ends up in our processed foods....like Honey Nut Cheerios for example. never buy honey in a plastic bear. it's pretty certain to be mystery honey of unknown origins...likely China....full of chemicals and antibiotics that aren't even legal for use in the states.

and of course bees inadvertently compound the gmo problems in agriculture by spreading gmo DNA via pollen. then there's the whole hive collapse syndrome which no one seems to agree on what THAT problem is. clearly, it's a combination of a multitude of factors....a bee parasite, monoculture, pesticides, herbicides, hive applications of antibiotics, and i suspect....gmo pollens aren't helping.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:32 PM   #29
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Future of Food

There is a food revolution happening in America today. People are seeking out farmers' markets, organic produce and good restaurants. At the same time, our food supply is increasingly controlled by multi-national corporations.

Over the past 10 years, with the advent of genetic engineering and the massive expansion of pesticide companies, like Monsanto, into the seed business, the very nature of our food system has radically changed with potentially disastrous effects on our food security. Patenting of life is now permitted, no labeling of genetically modified organisms (GMO's) in food is required, research is conducted on these issues by universities beholden to the "agri-corps" who fund them, and the major regulatory agencies are run by former execs from these very companies.

All the while, the average citizens remain blissfully unaware that they are eating GMO food and supporting the aggressive "corporatization' of their food sources. In fascinating and accessible terms, 'The Future of Food' illuminates the major issues ultimately affecting us all -- some surreal, some futuristic, many frightening.

Yet, 'The Future of Food' is a hopeful film, featuring insightful and moving interviews with farmers, agriculture and business experts and policymakers. It sees a future in which an informed consumer can join the revolution by demanding natural, healthy food sources that insure environmental integrity.

more to come, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #30
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Future of Food: What Every Person Should Know with Deborah Garcia

What should every person know about the food they ingest.
The documentary "The Future of Food" changed the way we
think about food(and continues to do so) by answering this
very question.

But, just how has food actually changed? Do we need to
worry about genetically modified foods? What about
artificial foods? Learn all this more as Kurt Olson, host
of the Educational Forum, sits down with Deborah Garcia
the award winning creator of "The Future of Food."

Deborah Garcia, the filmmaker of "The Future of Food".

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #31
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Planting the Seeds for Change

We are all connected.

Vandana Shiva is one of the world's most powerful voices for
global environmental justice and cultural and ecological diversity.

She is the founding director of the Research
Foundation for Science, Technology and Ecology
in New Delhi. Vandana Shiva is also the author of
numerous books including Stolen Harvest:
The Hijacking of the Global Food Supply.
Series: "Walter H. Capps Center Series" [8/2004]

I had the honor of hearing this Lady speak in a meeting
of activists for anti-nuclear plants. She is beyond
eloquent.

There are strong women of Light in our midst.

Greco

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 09:13 PM   #32
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Center for Food Safety

http://truefoodnow.org/shoppers-guide/

The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #33
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default One Solution

http://truefoodnow.files.wordpress.c...pers-guide.pdf

TRUE FOOD
SHOPPER’S GUIDE
How to Avoid Foods Made
with Genetically Modified
Organisms [GMOs]

Print out this information, share it with all of your community.

This is one action we can all take.

Greco

Old 12-31-2011, 12:00 PM   #34
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default 2012 Awareness Taking Action

Here is another link that offers much information articles radio
shows that provide solutions and avenues for action/activism.

http://www.progressiveradionetwork.com/

Have a great New Year, Greco

Old 12-31-2011, 02:50 PM   #35
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Genetically Modified Food

Follow up to Greco's posting.

http://www.organicitsworthit.org/quick/gmos-101

Follow link ("send a message to the FDA today"), to petition for food labeling on the above page.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #36
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by greco View Post

We are all connected.

Vandana Shiva is one of the world's most powerful voices for
global environmental justice and cultural and ecological diversity.

She is the founding director of the Research
Foundation for Science, Technology and Ecology
in New Delhi. Vandana Shiva is also the author of
numerous books including Stolen Harvest:
The Hijacking of the Global Food Supply.
Series: "Walter H. Capps Center Series" [8/2004]

I had the honor of hearing this Lady speak in a meeting
of activists for anti-nuclear plants. She is beyond
eloquent.

There are strong women of Light in our midst.

Greco
I love her
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #37
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down Scary, but not surprising

In vitro meat

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1185128.html

Old 01-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #38
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know about anyone elses prefrence. But the newest meat being created right now is deffinately not for me.
I will become a veggie/fruit eatin fool first!

Take a look!

http://inhabitat.com/poop-burger-jap...m-human-feces/

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #39
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default 7 foods you shouldn't eat

Stole this from Sparkle in the healthy weight loss thread:

http://healthfreedoms.org/2011/12/06...uld-never-eat/

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #40
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

How funny...I've had this as my puter screen saver

Quote:
I love her
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post: