femmy1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, femmy, femmtastic
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
single

femmy1 will become famous soon enough

I say fake is the way to go.. the longer the better hahahah !!
I like my nails longer than my hair.. that's just me. I do solar most of the time because they don't lift like acrylics when you swim everyday like I do but any fake nails can be made short too so that they don't get broken.

Its all about preference

f1~
femmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:55 AM   #22
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

I am SERIOUSLY considering a manicure. The country girl in me is screaming "TRAITORRRRRRRRR!"

Damn! What's next? Makeup?
Old 02-14-2010, 05:31 AM   #23
Princess4u

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, love of my life....princess!!!

Location: Tn for now..waiting for my prince to come and take me away
Princess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST Reputation

Yes I think you should...gosh...if you arent getting the negative side effects that you have every right to look forward to...damn it...lets petition for green pee...sign men up...LOL thanks for the info. Have you ever tried the prenatal vitamins? Jus curious as to your thoughts! If you did i hope they didnt make you pregnant!! (well unless you wanted to be ) LOL
Old 02-14-2010, 05:41 AM   #24
Princess4u

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:

Princess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=femmy1;49514]I say fake is the way to go.. the longer the better hahahah !!
I like my nails longer than my hair.. that's just me. I do solar most of the time because they don't lift like acrylics when you swim everyday like I do but any fake nails can be made short too so that they don't get broken.

Its all about preference

f1~[/QUOTI am just putting this out there, more as a FYI so please dont be offended. I hate to be a debbie downer....but please becareful with nail care especially if you have artificial nails...I know! I know! you are thinking, "but damn I look good!" And sweetie ya do! But especially in recent times with the rise of community acquired staph infections, artificial nails have been proven to harbour bacteria and can provide and easy route of transmission. Some of these staph infections have been know to put ppl into the hospital. I am a nurse and and for years they have shook a naughty finger at those of us who like to wear artificial nails...but in these recent years they are banned on those persons who have direct patient contact. So just some food for thought! Please take care of your nails rather they are artificial or not. For us natural nail gals...we arent free from insult...having chips in your nails or nail polish may also harbour these bacteria....just not quite as many places for the mto hide as with the artificial nails...Again not trying to offend...just providing some info..you can go to the CDC website if you would like more info.....
Old 02-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #25
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersuebee View Post
I am SERIOUSLY considering a manicure. The country girl in me is screaming "TRAITORRRRRRRRR!"

Damn! What's next? Makeup?
Then just get a manicure, silly. You don't HAVE to have polish. Start with a simple plain manicure with no color on and see where you go from there. I promise, Dandy and I will NEVER let you look like a harlot or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess4u View Post
Yes I think you should...gosh...if you arent getting the negative side effects that you have every right to look forward to...damn it...lets petition for green pee...sign men up...LOL thanks for the info. Have you ever tried the prenatal vitamins? Jus curious as to your thoughts! If you did i hope they didnt make you pregnant!! (well unless you wanted to be ) LOL
I was taking prenatals (half dose) and the company (OneSource) discontinued them in my area but now have a multivitamin called Hair, Skin and Nails. Taking prenatals was recommended to me by my hairdresser as the additional vitamins in them helps strengthen hair (what I was inquiring about at the time). I didn't want to OD on too much of a good thing with the vitamn, so I only took half a dose daily. It worked for me. I lost less hair on a daily basis (although it's normal to lose up to 100 hairs a day) and my hair seemed to get back some of the shine it had lost.

I won't credit the prenatals entirely with the change, though, because at the time I was experiencing the hair loss and breakage, I was in a very stressful home environment and, as I was taking the vitamins, I got myself OUT of that situation (which was the source of the majority of my stress and stress causes all kinds of health problems, including hair loss).

You're right though. I have a right to green pee! I should write the company and ask if they make a fun, green pee-making vitamin.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #26
luciddreamer

How Do You Identify?:
in the middle
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
single

luciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant future
Smile hard on the hands...lol

Okay here is my dilemma... Because of the work I do...Antique restoration and cabinet finishing...The chemicals are very hard on my hands...fingers etc. My fingers crack on every crease and under my nails...hurts like bloody hell...lol Yes...I do wear gloves occasionally at work..and have tried various lotions..but it really does not help...Soooo any suggestions are greatly appreciated !
luciddreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:50 AM   #27
femmy1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, femmy, femmtastic
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
single

femmy1 will become famous soon enough

none taken ! thanks for the info !!
f1~

[quote=Princess4u;49534]
Quote:
Originally Posted by femmy1 View Post

Its all about preference

f1~[/QUOTI am just putting this out there, more as a FYI so please dont be offended. I hate to be a debbie downer....but please becareful with nail care especially if you have artificial nails...I know! I know! you are thinking, "but damn I look good!" And sweetie ya do! But especially in recent times with the rise of community acquired staph infections, artificial nails have been proven to harbour bacteria and can provide and easy route of transmission. Some of these staph infections have been know to put ppl into the hospital. I am a nurse and and for years they have shook a naughty finger at those of us who like to wear artificial nails...but in these recent years they are banned on those persons who have direct patient contact. So just some food for thought! Please take care of your nails rather they are artificial or not. For us natural nail gals...we arent free from insult...having chips in your nails or nail polish may also harbour these bacteria....just not quite as many places for the mto hide as with the artificial nails...Again not trying to offend...just providing some info..you can go to the CDC website if you would like more info.....
femmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #28
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Neosporin works great on cuticles and cracks on hands.

I do get manicures maybe once a month, because pedicures help my feet hurt way less, and since I am there.....

Sally Hansen makes good products, but OPI has the best in my opinion.

I have really bad hangnails unless I have on at least one coat of polish, not sure why, but polish really helps. I think Sally Hansen makes one that is just natural and makes your nails look buffed, not sure the name. They also make great cuticle cream.

I like a single coat of light finger nail polish with a top coat beacsue I work in an office and a dark color gets all over my papers and shows chips more quickly.

Good luck!

PS...for you worriers, yes I make sure my salons are accredited and have great safety scores.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #29
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

PS, the cold makes nails break more....wear gloves.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #30
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciddreamer View Post
Okay here is my dilemma... Because of the work I do...Antique restoration and cabinet finishing...The chemicals are very hard on my hands...fingers etc. My fingers crack on every crease and under my nails...hurts like bloody hell...lol Yes...I do wear gloves occasionally at work..and have tried various lotions..but it really does not help...Soooo any suggestions are greatly appreciated !
You could try Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand lotion or Gold Bond Medicated with Aloe. I've found both work well for me and even better if I put tons on a night and sleep with it on. It's been recommended to me to put a sock or mitten on and it will create more heat that allows the lotions to work better. While I get that, and agree, every time I've tried that, by morning the socks/gloves/mittens have come off and I have to spend a few minutes locating them in the sheets, under the bed, etc. I do, however, notice the difference when I at least try to do that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:10 PM   #31
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
You could try Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand lotion or Gold Bond Medicated with Aloe. I've found both work well for me and even better if I put tons on a night and sleep with it on. It's been recommended to me to put a sock or mitten on and it will create more heat that allows the lotions to work better. While I get that, and agree, every time I've tried that, by morning the socks/gloves/mittens have come off and I have to spend a few minutes locating them in the sheets, under the bed, etc. I do, however, notice the difference when I at least try to do that.
....and it makes the socks/gloves/mittens nice 'n soft too.

The cream I mentioned before is great too - Glysomed. It's really thick, but not greasy and absorbs well.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:34 PM   #32
Princess4u

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:

i was just reading the last post..and I got to thinking...has anyone every tried those home parafen hand baths..? now i remember it seemed to make my nails thin as tissue paper..but (and this is where the thinking got started) i was wondering if anyone applied some of these hand and nail products prior to dipping in the wax...i wonder what that would do???? just a thought for anyone who has one...i gave mine away years agao..but as I recall i dont think they are all the expensive at walmart...well jsut a thought...thanks everyone...
Old 02-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #33
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess4u View Post
i was just reading the last post..and I got to thinking...has anyone every tried those home parafen hand baths..? now i remember it seemed to make my nails thin as tissue paper..but (and this is where the thinking got started) i was wondering if anyone applied some of these hand and nail products prior to dipping in the wax...i wonder what that would do???? just a thought for anyone who has one...i gave mine away years agao..but as I recall i dont think they are all the expensive at walmart...well jsut a thought...thanks everyone...
Princess, I've had the parafin wax treatments at salons and they are wonderful! I do have a kit for it at home, but haven't broken it in yet. That being said, the manicurist always did the treatment before my manicure and always made me wash my hands before I dipped so I wouldn't contaminate the wax. I imagine that using those products and then dipping it would break the wax down and/or contaminate it so it wasn't pure. I'm definitely no expert, but that's what makes sense to me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #34
Kim

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
yes

Kim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST Reputation

Why, oh why, is the "nail me" thread so buried? This is a thread of utmost importance. I don't think it was mentioned -- but water, glugging glorious water, can do wonders for nails. Also Biotin. Gemme's right that prenatal vitamins are great for the nails -- enough nutrients for mommy and baby, what more can a girl ask for?

Dusting off Ruby Pumps for my next mani (thanks, Medusa)...one of my favorite colors.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #35
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

JeepSakes.... thought this thread was about something entirely different.... maybe carpentry.... types of nail guns... who knew!!??

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #36
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,610 Times in 3,973 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

silly butch!

reminds me of the old aol chat room days when I entered a chat room titled "Women who love dogs" I thought we were going to talk about our pooches...

mmmmm not exactly....never went in THERE again!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
JeepSakes.... thought this thread was about something entirely different.... maybe carpentry.... types of nail guns... who knew!!??

Old 03-23-2010, 11:59 PM   #37
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
silly butch!

reminds me of the old aol chat room days when I entered a chat room titled "Women who love dogs" I thought we were going to talk about our pooches...

mmmmm not exactly....never went in THERE again!!!!
OMG!! ROLF!! Sorry... couldn't resist... please don't hit me
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 02:19 AM   #38
Ms. Tabitha

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Married ~ 4-1-13

Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,041 Posts
Ms. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmy1 View Post

Its all about preference

f1~
I love the solar look but have used Fiberglass and Silk. My nails are long and I keep an overlay on them to protect them.
I'm in the salon a minimum of 4 times a month for mani/pedi's.

I have recently tried MINX and think its something I would do on Holidays and probably only on my toes.

Ms. Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms. Tabitha For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 05:03 AM   #39
KayCee

How Do You Identify?:
Multifaceted Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a secret
Relationship Status:
And from my lips hye drew the hallelujah

Thanked 1,725 Times in 521 Posts
KayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST Reputation

I have 'gel nails', french manicured with brilliant white tips, medium long that I get 're-newed' every four weeks.

For soft hands: use some plain white sugar and add almond oil. Rub in, until sugar is dissolved and rinse.

Leaves 'em really, really soft, gives your nails a nice shine and is great for cuticles too!

Kat
Old 03-24-2010, 05:07 AM   #40
KayCee

How Do You Identify?:
Multifaceted Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a secret
Relationship Status:
And from my lips hye drew the hallelujah

Thanked 1,725 Times in 521 Posts
KayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post

hmmm..typical!..LOL!

Tags
manicure