starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerryFairy View Post
You can get the liquid liner in colors? I only saw black. I've seen the eyeliner pencils in a ton of colors though - have you tried these?
Yes, I have black, brown, purple, silver sparkle and pink sparkle all in liquid. No, I have not tried the pencil liners, I will check them out!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 02:35 AM   #122
Fatale

How Do You Identify?:
Not your average babe in the woods.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Fatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST Reputation
Default I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
>>>*chuckle*>>>You mean like..

The darkest depths of the sea...bathing gracefully in the pale moonlight....?

...Yeah, ya gotta love those..I hear that they can be quite "fun".

Quite like that, actually. Limbs lunar limned, ablutions obliviating...

You've heard right.
Fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fatale For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #123
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tips for make up brush cleaning

How to Clean Your Make-Up Brushes

January 22, 2013

When it comes to washing make-up brushes, it’s easy to be lazy or not realize how long its been since the last time. However, if you’re going more than a week you’re not doing yourself any favors. With regular use, brushes become a breeding ground for bacteria and debris, plus have old make-up, natural oils and more hanging around. #gross. Take five minutes once per week at night, and by morning you’ll have perfectly clean brushes. This also means you’ll see better make-up results since each application has the exact intended colors (not caked on color from past uses. You’ll be surprised what stays around!). This is an unofficial 2013 resolution of mine and I’m seeing such improved make-up application… and this really only takes 3-5 minutes. Put the music on and have fun with it.

Two ways to clean:
1. Speedy: with a make-up towelette or unscented baby wipe (in between better cleanses). If it’s safe enough for your face or a babe’s bun, it’s safe enough for your brushes.
2. More thorough: soap + water. Select a mild soap, like Aveeno for babies or a Dove white soap, that’s natural and unscented.

Instructions for a more thorough clean:
1. Lay out all of your brushes by your bathroom sink.
2. Fill a small cup with lukewarm water (I used a kid’s bathroom cup).
3. Dip brush in water to get thoroughly wet; then put a small amount of soap in the palm of your hand.
4. Gently swirl the brush in your hand — and see the magic happen! Repeat as necessary until you do not see any residue.
5. Dip brush back in the water to remove soap and then gently brush over a towel to remove any final residue.

6. Lay on a towel to dry, and repeat process for all brushes. Flip brushes after a few hours to encourage even drying.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #124
Emmy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Emmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST Reputation

Hi,

Thanks for starting the thread! I like Naturtint hair dye quite a bit- not too rough on my poor, much-processed hair. I find that Vitacost is pretty good for natural products like that; much cheaper than Whole Foods anyway (which I realize isn't saying much, haha). But if anyone has any other sources for semi-affordable natural (and non animal tested) products, would love to hear about it!

Thanks,

E

Last edited by Emmy; 01-27-2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Misplaced punctuation :(
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emmy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #125
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

I've recently discovered a way to keep your polish on longer and not have chips.

If anyone has used any glitter nail polish, we know it's harder to remove. It comes off much easier with a pure acetone remover vs the nourishing or non acetone kinds.

Paint your nails your fav color, use a same or contrasting glitter polish as a stripe, like a tip, across the top of your nail. Use a top coat as well. My fav, sold at Sally's is called Out the Door. It is also a quick dry. My manicure on natural nails can last up to 4-5 days with out a chip. Oh, and if it does, case we use our nails as tools...just touch up with the glitter polish.

One of those , you wouldn't know about me on the BFP, I used to have a license to do nails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
Yeah...I know exactly what you mean. Essie has always chipped on me, the same day. The same with the "Nicole" nail laquer. I do not know why.
For the price of each of those in a drugstore, I can get O.P.I or Orly in a beauty supply store, (which is of much higher quality, w/ the latest season's shades) for the same price, if not less.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #126
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

maryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputation

I'm seconding or thirding or however-many-it-ising the coconut oil suggestion. I get the big jar at Target in the baking aisle. It doesn't give me breakouts or anything and it's wonderfully soothing. I just moved to colder climate where we actually have to heat our house in the winter and my skin and hair have been all "oh no you didn't!" and gotten all stupid itchy and dry. The really awesome thing about coconut oil is that it's solid at room temperature (at least it is here!) and I'm a massive klutz so it doesn't spill when I knock it over. I rub it into my body and hair after a shower.

I also like Simple Sensitive skin facewash. They just started carrying it at Target, and it's about the same as Neutrogena products price/size wise. I have excema so its very hard to find products I can use.
maryam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to maryam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #127
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know if this is the BEST place to post this but...we were talking about vintage hair styles in chat today, and I found this wonderful tutorial on how to do victory rolls I have a dress that would be soo perfect with this hairstyle! Enjoy ladies

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqLiT40ySmg"]Victory Roll Vintage Hair Tutorial by CHERRY DOLLFACE. - YouTube[/nomedia]
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #128
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Off topic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
I don't know if this is the BEST place to post this but...we were talking about vintage hair styles in chat today, and I found this wonderful tutorial on how to do victory rolls I have a dress that would be soo perfect with this hairstyle! Enjoy ladies

Victory Roll Vintage Hair Tutorial by CHERRY DOLLFACE. - YouTube
Her back tattoo mermaid, which is beautiful but was certainly not cheap, is fantastic.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #129
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Her back tattoo mermaid, which is beautiful but was certainly not cheap, is fantastic.
I thought so too...she is definitely a colorful personality She mentioned having other styling videos...I may peruse...
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #130
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

So I've been looking for a lightweight foundation sort of beauty product lately. I have really sensitive skin with allergies to quite a few skin care products. Most foundation type products make my skin break out and my rosacea bloom. I considered making my own all natural foundation but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Today I bought a product that didn't irritate my skin at all. It is Pacifica's Alight Bare skin tint (a BB cream). The product claims to be "shade matching" and while it looked darker than my skin tone it blended perfectly (I am fare and rosy complected). It was a light finish and easy to apply.

I found it at Target. I love Pacifica's perfumes. And there lip tints. So I am partial to the brand.

spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #131
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Something for the impending winter....and beyond..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=ssJdyck8rlY

Lol I just watched it again. The girl that does the video is just adorable!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:13 PM   #132
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I wanted to drop a hint on a cheap product I found that works amazingly!

I'm a huge fan of keeping some type of facial scrub in the shower and have always used St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I recently discovered that Wal-Mart carries a "house" brand of it that is about half the price. (and don't get me wrong, they are both incredibly cheap...One is $4, one is $2).

Anyway, I tried the house brand and found it to be just as good as the more expensive one!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2014, 07:28 AM   #133
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,089 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I wanted to drop a hint on a cheap product I found that works amazingly!

I'm a huge fan of keeping some type of facial scrub in the shower and have always used St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I recently discovered that Wal-Mart carries a "house" brand of it that is about half the price. (and don't get me wrong, they are both incredibly cheap...One is $4, one is $2).

Anyway, I tried the house brand and found it to be just as good as the more expensive one!
Although I tend to just use a Dove beauty bar 99% of the time for washing my face, I have found a few store brands of facial scrubs that I love (that are hella cheap).

Walmart & Dollar General sell creamy exfoliator cleanser (it's the knock off of Oil of Olay's Renewal Cleanser) that I LOVE. Both of the store brands cost less than $3!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2017, 11:34 PM   #134
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Bumping because I love make-up that's cheap!

My current facial powder to go over my liquid foundation is Elf in translucent, $3-5. I've tried many other loose powders to "set" my makeup but they often wear off and my skin feels and looks shiny in no time. Elf so far has done the best at feeling lightweight while still keeping my face feeling soft and not oily or sticky.
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2020, 11:17 PM   #135
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default EOS (Evolution of Smooth): organic lip balm

I bought some this past winter and it's inexpensive, feels good on your lips and it's an organic product. It lasts quite a while too. You can probably find it at any drugstore or beauty supply. I found mine at Target. For under $6, I bought a roll-on sphere of lip balm, which came with an extra tube of the same type of lip balm. I'm using the Strawberry flavored one, currently, and I like it a lot.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: