Point~Of~No~Return
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Andro-SMILES
Preferred Pronoun?:
Andro~Hey You~Yeah I mean you!~
Relationship Status:
i hold the keys to my heart and i am only willing to give it to one

Point~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST Reputation
Default Legacy

Legacy

*if you could impact anything in the world and change things for the better and others.*

what would it be that you would want to do.

how would you go about doing it.

how would you keep it accepting and all inclusive for a all races, sexes, sexuality, religions, keeping true to culturally diverse.

how would you want to leave a positive legacy?
Point~Of~No~Return is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Point~Of~No~Return For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know that any authentic legacy I will leave will be all inclusive & accepting however I do feel that it can still be positive.

I hope that my life's work will show a happy family. And I hope that I will improve access to healthcare to those who are marginalized away from resources. I hope I make a difference in the ability of others to function better in life than they would have without my support.

AND your not alone. thetrevorproject.org
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2012, 01:35 AM   #3
Breezy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 4,555 Times in 1,199 Posts
Breezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST Reputation

I would want us to know, believe and practice love. There is only love in the Universe, all else is fear and is but an illusion. Only love exists. We are all one and separation is only an illusion. We just "think" we are separate from The Universe. It is in us and all around us.

I would keep telling people exactly what I just said. I would demonstrate loving behaviors and keep reminding them they are worthy, loving and cared for always. We are all only love.
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Breezy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2012, 03:13 AM   #4
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

As a nurse who has worked in gerontology for many years, one of the things I would like to change is the treatment of the elderly in this country, especially those in the LGBT community. I would love to build and manage a continuing care community exclusively for LGBT seniors. I find it so heartbreaking that the aged within our community face isolation even more so than that of the heterosexual aging population. I would love to develop a community that covered the entire elder-care continuum, from retirement living, to long term care, to dementia care, if needed. A place where the elderly of our community could live out the rest of their lives, alone or with their partners, in an environment of love and acceptance.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
As a nurse who has worked in gerontology for many years, one of the things I would like to change is the treatment of the elderly in this country, especially those in the LGBT community. I would love to build and manage a continuing care community exclusively for LGBT seniors. I find it so heartbreaking that the aged within our community face isolation even more so than that of the heterosexual aging population. I would love to develop a community that covered the entire elder-care continuum, from retirement living, to long term care, to dementia care, if needed. A place where the elderly of our community could live out the rest of their lives, alone or with their partners, in an environment of love and acceptance.
Check this out. Maybe you can find out how to start a home where you live by talking to these folks.

http://lakeview.patch.com/articles/c...me-in-boystown

http://openhouse-sf.org/

http://gleh.org/
The Following User Says Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 01:23 AM   #6
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

There's a scene in Avatar that made me cry. It really got to me. It's that's part where the animals on Pandora suddenly join the Na'vi in their fight against the corporate bad guys that want to destroy their planet.

I was surprised at how sad it made me. I started thinking that the animals on earth, if they could choose, would never join our side, would never help us out in any kind of world-ending battle.

We've made their existence hell. Our species is capable of reflection, and of grasping the value of life, but our disregard for life makes us able to pollute, exploit, destroy, make war, allow suffering, take what isn't ours, and kill the earth and everything living here.

I guess if I could change anything, it would be to make humans unable to suspend our respect for life.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post: