Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 05-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default NetFlix Instant Play Movie List

I watch a lot of movies on my PC and have a Netflix account. I wanted to start a thread on movies, reviews, recommendations that are available on instant play. You can use the public description but if you can tell us your thoughts and what you liked about the movie.

Thanks

Greenfingers

It's one big (green) thumbs-up for this affecting true-life tale about hardened con Colin Briggs (Clive Owen), a small-time criminal who gets a new lease on life -- behind prison bars -- as an award-winning gardener. Standing out in supporting roles are David Kelly as a prisoner chum of Briggs's who coaxes him out of his shell and Helen Mirren as a world-class horticulturalist who worries when her daughter falls for Briggs.

Cast:Clive Owen, Helen Mirren, David Kelly, Warren Clarke, Danny Dyer, Paterson JosephDirector:Joel HershmanGenres:Comedy, Best of British Humor, United Kingdom, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Foreign RegionsThis movie is:Feel-good, Quirky, Inspiring, Emotional

My Comments: I really like feel good movies and this one was just nice. For me it showed the power of nature and how it can transform the soul. I'm also a gardener so I really liked this move.

The Ramen Girl

When her boyfriend leaves her high and dry in Tokyo, spoiled American tourist Abby (Brittany Murphy) finds solace in a neighborhood ramen noodle house run by a cantankerous old chef (Toshiyuki Nishida), who agrees to take her on as an apprentice cook. But will the dirty grunt work and endless criticism drive Abby away before she discovers the serene beauty in the perfect bowl of soup -- and in herself? Robert Allan Ackerman directs this comedy.

Cast:Brittany Murphy, Toshiyuki Nishida, Tammy Blanchard, Sohee Park, Kimiko Yo, Renji Ishibashi, Maria Abe, Daniel Evans, Masayoshi Haneda, Hajime Inoue, Justin Berti, Judai Ikeshita, Sonya Inge, Gabriel MannDirector:Robert Allan AckermanGenres:Comedy, Indie Comedies, Food StoriesThis movie is:Heartfelt

My Comments: Really cute movie with a happy ending. I just love the determination of Brittany Murphy's character Abby. I also didn't know that Ramen was an art and that the cheap stuff in cellophane bags isn't authentic ramen. It made me research online how to really make it and I realized its not that easy BUT I will make it one day because of this movie.

More coming... please share your favs.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

Brief Encounter 1945

"In this film based on a Noel Coward play, director David Lean explores the thrill and pain of an illicit romance in 1945 Britain."

great thread! i love Netflix and watch instant viewing a lot. i stumbled upon this one recently and wished i had tissue lol. without extensive details, i will say this is a recommendation for any sappy hopeless romantics who enjoy classics. 5/5

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

OMG!!! This is my most favorite film ever, bar none!! I am a classic movie nut, and would be hard put to choose which are my faves, but this one wins hands down!! I've seen it a gazillion times, and it never fails to make me cry! The Rachmaninoff score in the background sets the pace and envelopes this film with pathos - however, it is a bit too loud for my taste, and at times the background music just overwhelms the film.

My rating: 2 tissue boxes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxxi View Post

Brief Encounter 1945

"In this film based on a Noel Coward play, director David Lean explores the thrill and pain of an illicit romance in 1945 Britain."

great thread! i love Netflix and watch instant viewing a lot. i stumbled upon this one recently and wished i had tissue lol. without extensive details, i will say this is a recommendation for any sappy hopeless romantics who enjoy classics. 5/5

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 04:28 AM   #4
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

see this is perfect for this thread and I'm thrilled. I never would have even looked for this.

Quote:

Brief Encounter 1945

The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 05:30 AM   #5
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

I have quite a long queue for instant streaming and have just added Greenfingers. Thanks, it does look like a good film. We just realized that the new Wii allows for netflix streaming so we can get it downstairs now too! woohoo!

My list ranges from mystery/ suspense to quite a few documentaries that I have wanted to see Sophie Scholl, Steal a Pencil For Me, and some older ones I loved Brothers Keeper: 10th Anniversary edition along with some series that I missed ( Torchwood) and some gay flicks from Logo .

I also get my classic movie fixes there, like Sherlock Holmes films and others my wife isn't as fond of as I. ( I won't even mention my B horror film "issue", suffice to say instant streaming is a good way to be able to catch them without bugging the heck out of her..LOL)

Thanks for the good ideas!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums
Default Japanese Story

Japanese Story
2003 R 110 minutes
During a field trip, geologist Sandy (Toni Collette) has the unfortunate luck of being marooned in the Pilbara desert with a man she can't stand. Finding him completely irritating and rather egotistical, Sandy soon learns that his feelings for her are just as contemptuous. The saying that things can only get better doesn't apply to these two, as their increasingly remote location only adds to the already challenging situation.

Cast:Toni Collette, Gotaro Tsunashima, Matthew Dyktynski, Lynette Curran, Yumiko Tanaka, Kate Atkinson, Bill Young, John HowardDirector:Sue Brooks

My comments: I love United States of Tara and Toni Collette! To be honest has she not been in this movie I would have overlooked it and the description doesn't even begin to accurately describe all of this film. First of all Toni Collette has an Aussie accent.
It's true they are stranded and ready to kill each other but through all the challenges they become lovers and the story has a heart wrenching ending leaving you thinking, "wow".

The first 30 minutes are kinda boring. I really enjoyed the movie and want to say more but don't want to spoil it. If you like romantic drama's you'll enjoy this film.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I have quite a long queue for instant streaming and have just added Greenfingers. Thanks, it does look like a good film. We just realized that the new Wii allows for netflix streaming so we can get it downstairs now too! woohoo!

My list ranges from mystery/ suspense to quite a few documentaries that I have wanted to see Sophie Scholl, Steal a Pencil For Me, and some older ones I loved Brothers Keeper: 10th Anniversary edition along with some series that I missed ( Torchwood) and some gay flicks from Logo .

I also get my classic movie fixes there, like Sherlock Holmes films and others my wife isn't as fond of as I. ( I won't even mention my B horror film "issue", suffice to say instant streaming is a good way to be able to catch them without bugging the heck out of her..LOL)

Thanks for the good ideas!
I want to get it hooked up to play on my flat screen in my bedroom. You have a WII or you are using Tivo? I have a Tivo but to be honest I was watching shows and movies online and didnt see the point in paying for a subscription and keeping a phone line hooked to it. I was barely using it. BUT movies is another thing.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #8
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Japanese Story
2003 R 110 minutes
During a field trip, geologist Sandy (Toni Collette) has the unfortunate luck of being marooned in the Pilbara desert with a man she can't stand. Finding him completely irritating and rather egotistical, Sandy soon learns that his feelings for her are just as contemptuous. The saying that things can only get better doesn't apply to these two, as their increasingly remote location only adds to the already challenging situation.

Cast:Toni Collette, Gotaro Tsunashima, Matthew Dyktynski, Lynette Curran, Yumiko Tanaka, Kate Atkinson, Bill Young, John HowardDirector:Sue Brooks

My comments: I love United States of Tara and Toni Collette! To be honest has she not been in this movie I would have overlooked it and the description doesn't even begin to accurately describe all of this film. First of all Toni Collette has an Aussie accent.
It's true they are stranded and ready to kill each other but through all the challenges they become lovers and the story has a heart wrenching ending leaving you thinking, "wow".

The first 30 minutes are kinda boring. I really enjoyed the movie and want to say more but don't want to spoil it. If you like romantic drama's you'll enjoy this film.
i LOVE Toni Collette. my two favorites from her are Clockwatchers and Muriel's Wedding *sings Abba*. wish they would add both to streaming!

i vaguely remember Japanese Story but do remember it being unique and a pretty good drama.

oh i also just found out she sings too, not bad. http://www.tonicolletteandthefinish.com/

Old 05-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #9
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I want to get it hooked up to play on my flat screen in my bedroom. You have a WII or you are using Tivo? I have a Tivo but to be honest I was watching shows and movies online and didnt see the point in paying for a subscription and keeping a phone line hooked to it. I was barely using it. BUT movies is another thing.
We disconnected our TiVO when we got our blu-ray. We're gonna sell it at a yard sale or donate it. The best thing for me about the blu-ray is the ability to do streaming. Heck, they still don't release enough Blu-ray videos and they still cost more dammit.LOL!

Gotta tell ya, whoever came up with streaming and the friggen Red Box were brilliant! Wish I had stock!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #10
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Default Never Forever

Never Forever

here's one of my favorites. interesting story, very moving. hard not to give too much detail with a description, so i'll say heavy drama about a failing marriage and new romance. i love Vera Farmiga (Down to the Bone, Quid Pro Quo, Orphan, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas). 5/5

Old 05-20-2010, 06:32 AM   #11
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
We disconnected our TiVO when we got our blu-ray. We're gonna sell it at a yard sale or donate it. The best thing for me about the blu-ray is the ability to do streaming. Heck, they still don't release enough Blu-ray videos and they still cost more dammit.LOL!

Gotta tell ya, whoever came up with streaming and the friggen Red Box were brilliant! Wish I had stock!
I don't know much about Blue Ray. I thought it was just a player. I'll need to look into it. I pretty much like the same shows your lady likes: Army Wives, Big Love, etc and it burns ass to pay 10.00 a month for HBO when I just watch Big Love. The other shows I just watch on my PC. Actually I bought a little 10 inch mini from Dell because I wanted to use Kindle for PC and still have an emergency laptop. I love taking it outside on the porch and in full screen mode can watch movies and shows no problem.

But there are certain movies I want to watch on my big flat screen. Plug in my long corded bad ass headphones and the dogs can bark all they want!
Old 06-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #12
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Netflix instant stream is down and apparently has been having problems for several days

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #13
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

http://www.movies-links.tv/

Try that. It takes a little getting use to. I'm watching The Runaways now.

Search for a movie called "Teeth" its bizarre as hell. It's about a girl that has teeth in her pussy and bites off cocks. It's suppose to be a thriller but I laughed my ass off.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #14
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

It just came back up! I was having "Lost" withdrawals!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #15
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Default The Ghost and Mrs. Muir

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir 1947

a young widow refuses to leave her house haunted by a ghost ...

i finally watched this and absolutely adored it. loved every bit from the setting to the dynamic between the captain and "Lucia." funny, sad, sweet. everything i could ask for. i felt some odd sense of comfort that i usually dont feel after watching some of best romances. it's been a while since i drifted off into such a sound sleep like i did after curling up with this one. thanks Netflix.

just realized i have a lot of favorite characters named "Lucy."

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #16
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir 1947

a young widow refuses to leave her house haunted by a ghost ...

i finally watched this and absolutely adored it. loved every bit from the setting to the dynamic between the captain and "Lucia." funny, sad, sweet. everything i could ask for. i felt some odd sense of comfort that i usually dont feel after watching some of best romances. it's been a while since i drifted off into such a sound sleep like i did after curling up with this one. thanks Netflix.

just realized i have a lot of favorite characters named "Lucy."
ed

Looks good. I need to check it out
Old 06-21-2010, 01:53 AM   #17
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

I'm not a huge old movie fan but enjoyed this one.

The World of Suzie Wong
1960NR126 minutes
Forbidden love takes center stage in this romantic movie starring William Holden as Robert Lomax, an American traveler visiting Hong Kong who meets and quickly grows smitten with a local woman (Nancy Kwan). Groundbreaking in its time for its portrayal of interracial love, the film shows the couple straining against the judgments of others and of themselves, as Lomax grapples with his feelings and Wong wonders whether it's meant to be.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #18
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

The Legend of 1900(La Leggenda del Pianista Sull'oceano)
1998R121 minutes
Raised aboard an ocean liner after being abandoned there as an infant, 1900 (Tim Roth) becomes a virtuoso piano player who learns about the outside world only through interactions with passengers, never setting foot on land, even for the love of his life. Years later, the ship may be destroyed, and a former band member fears that 1900 may still be aboard, willing to go down with the ship in this compelling drama from director Giuseppe Tornatore.

This is an excellent movies. Great acting and good music.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:51 PM   #19
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
http://www.movies-links.tv/

Try that. It takes a little getting use to. I'm watching The Runaways now.

Search for a movie called "Teeth" its bizarre as hell. It's about a girl that has teeth in her pussy and bites off cocks. It's suppose to be a thriller but I laughed my ass off.
omg someone was telling about that movie
OUCH!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #20
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
The Legend of 1900(La Leggenda del Pianista Sull'oceano)
1998R121 minutes
Raised aboard an ocean liner after being abandoned there as an infant, 1900 (Tim Roth) becomes a virtuoso piano player who learns about the outside world only through interactions with passengers, never setting foot on land, even for the love of his life. Years later, the ship may be destroyed, and a former band member fears that 1900 may still be aboard, willing to go down with the ship in this compelling drama from director Giuseppe Tornatore.

This is an excellent movies. Great acting and good music.
what a great movie
Tim Roth is a great actor