Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 12-25-2010, 01:24 AM   #41
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
The Ramen Girl

When her boyfriend leaves her high and dry in Tokyo, spoiled American tourist Abby (Brittany Murphy) finds solace in a neighborhood ramen noodle house run by a cantankerous old chef (Toshiyuki Nishida), who agrees to take her on as an apprentice cook. But will the dirty grunt work and endless criticism drive Abby away before she discovers the serene beauty in the perfect bowl of soup -- and in herself? Robert Allan Ackerman directs this comedy.

Cast:Brittany Murphy, Toshiyuki Nishida, Tammy Blanchard, Sohee Park, Kimiko Yo, Renji Ishibashi, Maria Abe, Daniel Evans, Masayoshi Haneda, Hajime Inoue, Justin Berti, Judai Ikeshita, Sonya Inge, Gabriel MannDirector:Robert Allan AckermanGenres:Comedy, Indie Comedies, Food StoriesThis movie is:Heartfelt

My Comments: Really cute movie with a happy ending. I just love the determination of Brittany Murphy's character Abby. I also didn't know that Ramen was an art and that the cheap stuff in cellophane bags isn't authentic ramen. It made me research online how to really make it and I realized its not that easy BUT I will make it one day because of this movie.

More coming... please share your favs.
My thoughts about this movie are along the lines of yours. I think it was probably Brittany's best work.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #42
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb I love nerds! This was cute

Charlyne Yi embarks on a quest across America to make a documentary about the one subject she doesn't fully understand: Love.

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #43
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Stoning of Soroya M.

Most moving thing I ever watched.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #44
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia

actually Christie and Jess turned me onto this movie.

This movie is a total trip. It centers around a colorful West Virginia family. It's like reality TV rolled into a documentary. I can't even really describe it but it will make you laugh, cry and unsure if you should feel deep compassion or get these people their own island.

Read the reviews at netflix... it will tell you more. I thought it was great. A few people remind me of them. lol I guess its funny because I live in Southern Virginia and this is all pretty common in these parts. lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #45
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I like netflix but honestly these days I've already watched the movies they are about to release. They seriously need to bump it up somehow.

anyone here of Graboid?

I think I'm going to get a Sony Internet TV where I can access netflix, hulu and the like. Then I'm going to tell my raping cable company to kiss my ass!
Old 02-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #46
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

There was a documentary on Instant Play not too long ago called "Prodigal Sons." I highly recommend it.

Also, all the seasons of Wire in the Blood, most of the seasons of M.I.-5 and Waking the Dead -- all really good BBC or ITV shows from the UK are on Instant Play too.

Another documentary I'd recommend is "Exit Through the Gift Shop." It's up for an Oscar, I think. Great documentary about graffiti artists, in particular Banksy.

Jake
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #47
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,330 Times in 2,661 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I am thinking about getting either a Wii or a roku.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Is there anything special I need to know about my television?

Are they hard to set up?

I'm not very tech savvy, believe it or not.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #48
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

We love our roku, very small and easy to set up. BB took care of it all quite easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post

Are they hard to set up?

nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #49
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

The newly released Canada version of Netflix has about a 10th of the movie selection.. still pretty good.. one price here $7.99.

They have the Secretary!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #50
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

roku is cool but if I get the new sony with google I'll get access to netflix and hulu but for an already existing tv yes, its great.

I bought my mom this antenna
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Terk-Amplified-High-Definition-Antenna-Reception/dp/B0007MXZB2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298845851&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Terk HDTVa Indoor Amplified High-Definition Antenna for Off-Air HDTV Reception: Electronics[/ame]

she picks up local stations and then some. The picture is great. Lots of good reasons not to pay for cable. I wouldnt mind but sick sick of the prices and commercials on top of paying for programming. I watch all my shows via internet but an antenna would be nice for local.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #51
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

ok, a few good instant play finds on this rainy ass weekend...

Chaos Theory - This movie only goes to prove how one wrong move can domino out of control. Very moving and a few tear jerking moments.

Return to Me - With Minnie Driver, I just loved this movie.

Fetishes - lol- wow, an interesting kinkomentary about the professional dungeon Pandoras Box in NYC. I didn't think it was a good depiction of the scene per se but had some interesting scenes and it had a few hot parts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #52
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
We love our roku, very small and easy to set up. BB took care of it all quite easily.
I was just looking into that.WOW..So, tis easy, i may run out and get one. Thanks jen and BB..too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post

Are they hard to set up?

The latest sports Wii my friend has is amazing.I could get hooked and stay home all day though playing games. I know my brain would go numb without social stimulation, and I'd be a cranky ass old stay at home fart playing with games and lose my social skills.... and probably be cleaning the light switches with Q-tips or something bizarro...or just be snarky in between the games and stuff..Think I'll go play pool with the bois now.

sherrie loves the NetFlix instantplay

Wii or roku

Last edited by Tommi; 03-06-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #53
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
ok, a few good instant play finds on this rainy ass weekend...

Chaos Theory - This movie only goes to prove how one wrong move can domino out of control. Very moving and a few tear jerking moments.

Return to Me - With Minnie Driver, I just loved this movie.

Fetishes - lol- wow, an interesting kinkomentary about the professional dungeon Pandoras Box in NYC. I didn't think it was a good depiction of the scene per se but had some interesting scenes and it had a few hot parts.
Thanks! I ran across " Fetishes" and was going to add it to the instant queue, but I best wait until we can watch it immediately... or else bratboy will have way too many questions when he clicks on it.. der

We have to selective about what we add, cause he does netflix through his X-box... how many zombie flicks can someone watch?? I mean for real?? LOL!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #54
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

I use my xbox 360 and my netbook. Watched Camp earlier was kind of sweet. Also watched Dark Shadows the Original am 20 eps in and have another 40. Plus rewatching Doctor Who.
wolfbittenpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfbittenpoet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #55
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Thanks! I ran across " Fetishes" and was going to add it to the instant queue, but I best wait until we can watch it immediately... or else bratboy will have way too many questions when he clicks on it.. der

We have to selective about what we add, cause he does netflix through his X-box... how many zombie flicks can someone watch?? I mean for real?? LOL!
omg his poor brain! Its was ok from a femdom point of view. An interesting point he reflects is that although many dominatrix's say they are bisexual it appears they enjoy women more. I'm sure the pro scene is different then the lifestyle scene
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #56
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

another good instant play "City Island" very good. Watch it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #57
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

The Brandon Teena Story, the story behind Boys Don't Cry

I thought I had seen it all until I saw the real details of this story. Good grief.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #58
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

City Island - very good
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #59
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

We saw The Spy Next Door Today, with Jackie Chan. We both enjoy him very much.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #60
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Not netflix but a free movie site. Cute chick flick and happy ending

http://www.awooh.com/change-of-plans-online/