Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-23-2019, 09:57 PM   #4601
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I'm still liking the Fitbit. Today was 9,800 steps, a very frustrating number... It was just from work and puttering around the apartment. I'm recording this at 11:55 p.m. so that I get to count every last step!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 03:42 PM   #4602
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've been remiss about checking in!

The trail tramping a couple of days ago didn't happen due to phone calls turning into hours of paperwork etc..excuses, bah. At least I did most of my work outside on the patio, gotta love an iPad! That day of pure laziness only netted me 3852 steps for a whopping 1.5mi. Not bad considering how small my house is, must have been pacing..

The next two had slightly better tides earlier in the day. I love mornings because that when the birds are more active. The new arrivals for the start of winter migration are starting to trickle in with the Long Billed Curlews and small batches of Sandpipers which will turn into big clouds of them when we get into winter. There must have been good fishing along one stretch where it was fun to watch the Ospreys diving and even a few Dolphins out for the hunt.

Sunday came in at 20,506 steps for 7.9mi
Monday was nearly the same with 19,071 steps for 7.4mi
Today is pretty much a bust as I am stuck at home with vendors
Tomorrow looks like a good bet for a mid-day go, maybe I'll take a picnic lunch.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 07:46 PM   #4603
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I was supposed to have a longer ride after work but I got caught up with a rescue dog situation during the day that ran a little late. But after I got him into a foster home I got a nice fast 15 miles at sunset along the river on my bike.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 08:54 PM   #4604
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

My alarm was scheduled for 4:50 but the trash guy came around 4:30 and woke me up. I really could have used those 20 minutes. I got myself to the gym and realized that there's more people there at 5:30 than there is at 6 and 6:15. Bah.

I went through Utah trails this time. Little Wild Horse Canyon and Goblin Valley, specifically. I learned about hoodoos too. The 2nd largest natural bridge is there. Super cool!

283 cal, 1.94 mi, 35:00 min

The machine said my average HR was 135 and my average pace was 18:02 mpm but there's certainly room for error.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2019, 10:00 PM   #4605
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Yesterday was 5000 steps (went to a training), and today was 12,000. Today was just work. My new job is killer stressful but a more active position than my old job, really enjoy that part.

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2019, 06:20 PM   #4606
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

6800 steps today. Just work. Now that I have the Fitbit, it kind of feels like I'm calling breathing exercising. Yet on the other hand, it's nice to give my body credit for anything it does, and it always walks!

How do I... ?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2019, 08:45 PM   #4607
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I had a heckuva workout this morning!

I jumped back into the Utah trails. If my eyes aren't playing tricks on me, that area is approximately 300 million years old. There's a river that winds around called Goosenecks because of the shape it takes while it winds. I finished that trail and it started me back on the Yosemite trails.

297 cal, 2.16 mi, 35:00 min
16:10 min mile
150 avg HR

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2019, 11:17 AM   #4608
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
6800 steps today. Just work. Now that I have the Fitbit, it kind of feels like I'm calling breathing exercising. Yet on the other hand, it's nice to give my body credit for anything it does, and it always walks!
I agree about how total steps kind of feels like cheating. That’s why sometimes I use the separate workout app to see how I’m doing with pace and the duration of just my intentional exercise. I don’t do it all the time, because much of what I do is just the same route. I know that my beach walk is between 6 and 7 miles depending on the tides, and my lagoon trails are 2 to 3 miles depending on which sections I’m using.

So yesterday near the end of my beach walk I managed to jam a toe pretty hard. I finished the walk and got home thinking it was just a bit sore but after sitting for a while and then trying to walk on it again, I discovered it is none too happy with me. I may well be sidelined for a couple of days.

The weather gods are telling me that it’s OK to take a day off. I seem to be having my first cloudy and actually slightly rainy day since I arrived in May.

Wednesday had 18,795 steps for 7.4 miles
Thursday had 23,288 steps for 9.3 miles
Today will just be a bit of hobbling about and a lot of reading on a cloudy day.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2019, 09:09 PM   #4609
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today was 8K steps. Just work. I'm getting much more walking in at this job than my old job, which I've already said but I'm still reflecting on it and thinking it's cool.

Kelt: "Thursday had 23,288 steps for 9.3 miles" - Kelt, how long would you estimate it took you to walk this long if you subtract stopping to look around or whatever?

Tomorrow gonna be a sleep day! I need it. This new job and some pet issues have me way too stressed and sleep deprived.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2019, 09:07 AM   #4610
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I had a rather epic ride on Thursday this week.

I got about 15 miles out, when, after doing my super hilly stretch that goes by several gravel pits, I found that I had a flat. I pulled over to the bike path that runs alongside to fix it and found that I'd forgotten my bag that has my tire pry. I was calling a friend who lives near where I was riding when a man came by who stopped and he had a tire pry. He loaned me his tools and thankfully I had a spare tube and pump and he was good about not stepping in. Often men try to take over when I'm fixing a flat. In the end we worked together a bit because it's a new tire and it was really hard to get it all back on the rim when all was said and done so we needed four hands. But he stepped back after that while I re-mounted it and got the chain connected and made sure everything was okay.

Then the storm started coming in. It was obviously worse in the direction I had intended to head to so I turned around to go to where I could see more clear sky. But still it was a good two hours of riding in pouring rain.

There's an old set of railroad tracks on part of this path. I hate them. They are very wide set and worn out so the pavement along the rails is all worn out and there are huge gaps. I've crossed the tracks on my bike hundreds of time and it's always scary. This time, a combination of a car racing up behind me preventing me from taking the angle I need to take to hit the tracks right, and everything being slippery wet from rain, my front tire went into one of the pits next to the rails and my bike flipped. Banged up my right side pretty good.

I got up and rode the 15 miles back to home but stopped short because I didn't want the ride to get the better of me so I took another 5 miles. I had planned another 10 miles but another storm started and I was soaked and cold and exhausted and sore from the fall. But I did it.

I have some very colorful bruising and road rash now... Yay.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2019, 07:14 PM   #4611
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I hope your babies are okay, nyc!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019, 07:53 AM   #4612
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

I can officially post in this thread now! I walked two miles this morning.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019, 11:52 AM   #4613
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
I can officially post in this thread now! I walked two miles this morning.
I added two more miles to this (4 total). I may take another walk this evening.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019, 02:58 PM   #4614
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Walking, walking, walking the past four days.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019, 05:17 PM   #4615
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Dammit, I got the sickies, exercisers! Just when I'd gotten back on the wagon but I can't go in the gym with a feed bag attached to my head to catch the drips. My abs are getting a good workout now, though. Baby steps!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019, 06:47 PM   #4616
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Okay, 5.3 miles!
Old 09-29-2019, 08:25 PM   #4617
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I didn't wear the fitbit because I didn't think I'd really walk today. But since we were spending the day with my husbutch's grandkids... luckily my iphone recorded 5000 steps!

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2019, 08:18 PM   #4618
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

I walked 2.20 miles this evening. I had to wait until after 9pm because of the heat.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2019, 09:07 PM   #4619
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Gemme! Oh no. That does not sound good. I hope you are better very soon. Just pace yourself.

Today was a 60 mile bike ride. I had it planned out last night and I even dreamed about it last night that it went really well and it did. It rained for the last 15 miles but that's okay. I studied the tracks that flipped my bike last week and decided they are in horrible condition. I took pictures of the ruts and the rails literally rippling and split at parts. I'm not going to ride across them anymore. It's a miracle that's the only time I flipped after years of riding across them.

On Thursday I drive out to the start line for Tour de Pink (Fundraiser bike ride for the young breast cancer survivor coalition) and will ride that Friday through Sunday this weekend. 200 miles. After today's ride I'm feeling better prepared.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2019, 10:31 AM   #4620
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

I walked 2.2 miles while mom was getting chemo.

Tags
exercise, weights