Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Wow. I'm thinking the walls are what makes this room spectacular. Rich bold blue?turquoise? not sure, but it's fabulous! Very nice. Would keep your energy level to the max all day. And it looks really big. Geez, look at the table!!

Thanks for finding and posting for us!!
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #62
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2014, 12:19 PM   #63
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Okay, cleared a spot for my velvet antique couch. It's going to look so lovely in Grace. I wanted to reupolster it, but it's mucho expensive. So I will just put a throw cover over it, so the cats won't love it too much.

Decided to keep the metal bed frame although it's very heavy. Maybe I can sell it in my yard sale. Getting ready for that this week, need to toss out all the stuff that does not serve me any more.

Today is clear the wardrobe day. I can hardly wait to get started. Going to cut all the icky tshirts into tshirt yarn and make throw rugs for the kitchen I think. Or maybe a rug for Sophie for napping on the porch. Either way, rag rugs will be made!

Have you seen the new Valspar tester colors? Go to Lowes asap.

Lovely pale orange is the bomb.

Planted my succulents this morning. Planted the begonias I bought yesterday. Am excited to get moving on Grace. Roomie 2 has been helping this weekend. She is SUCH a big help to me. We got Grace started after replacing battery yet AGAIN.

So going to move all the extras into the Storage unit, redo the ceiling, and put some back in, and sell the rest.

Tired of lugging all this stuff around.

okie dokie, gonna get started on my painting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2016, 11:42 AM   #64
FemmeTastic

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian
Relationship Status:
married to my handsome husbutch

FemmeTastic Has the BEST ReputationFemmeTastic Has the BEST ReputationFemmeTastic Has the BEST ReputationFemmeTastic Has the BEST ReputationFemmeTastic Has the BEST ReputationFemmeTastic Has the BEST ReputationFemmeTastic Has the BEST ReputationFemmeTastic Has the BEST ReputationFemmeTastic Has the BEST ReputationFemmeTastic Has the BEST ReputationFemmeTastic Has the BEST Reputation
Default There's a femme cave AND a butch cave :)

My spouse and I have each a living room. I have such a playful, colorful, artsy style, and she likes warm, muted, brownish, earthy colors. Her room is totally a reflection of who she is and my room is a reflection of me... I wouldn't want to have it any other way. So my room is full of art hanging on the walls, full of books, mostly poetry, novels and feminist/queer and art books. Two of my walls are painted a mustard color, and there is a huge cat tree for my little boys, (I brought them into the relationship). I must confess though, our bedroom looks more like the femme room in the house. One wall is painted purple and the other a dusky pink, there is a white canopy and white flower shaped fairy lights. The bed is really a princess bed (white faux leather and huge rhinestones in the headboard), and the blinds are purple too. The walls are full of my stuff, I have a giant board full of my earrings, and a shelf full of my perfumes. Then there is my make-up-stand and all my brushes on display, plus two big mirrors. I don't know why my spouse agreed to accept such a feminine, girly room as our joined bedroom, I guess she must love me a lot! But what I love the most about having two separate living rooms is that we can kind of visit each other, it keeps the mystery alive, which in our case is especially important, since we do not only live together, but run a business together as well. But generally, our home is pretty much decorated the way I want it, she seems to be happy if I am happy At least, whenever I prettify something she just smiles and hugs me and gives me sweet kiss
FemmeTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FemmeTastic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2016, 06:20 PM   #65
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,079 Times in 8,587 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Kitchen Cabinet Rolling Drawers

I just had some drawers similar to these installed in my bottom kitchen cabinets and I love them. Finally I can easily get to everything in the kitchen. Found a couple items I haven't used in years and gonna give them away. I should have done this years ago.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2016, 02:35 PM   #66
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

I live alone, so my entire house is my femme cave! The kitchen is bright red, the living room less so...you are literally clobbered over the head with color in my home. The bedroom is a peaceful ocean blue/green and my craft room is a pale turquoise. I have approximately one billion happy houseplants and books, but the space is open and uncluttered. The kitchen is small but perfect for me...I am a pretty fabulous cook!

Bathroom is the same color as my craft room, and I keep makeup and other paraphernalia mostly tucked away in drawers, so as not to create clutter on the vanity...I am a tidy girl.

I breathe a sigh of relief when I return home after work...it is my sanctuary.
introverted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to introverted1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2016, 04:26 PM   #67
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,118 Times in 3,006 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have new caves since I last wrote in here!

First up is our "super groovy reading room" A little nook in the house with a daybed, lava lamp, lots of groovy artwork, origami beaded curtain, loads of pillows and cozy blankets. Totally fun.

Also my music cave, which is in another nook (old house, lots of nooks) with my record player and crates and crates of vinyl and a rocking chair.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2016, 06:41 PM   #68
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I have new caves since I last wrote in here!

First up is our "super groovy reading room" A little nook in the house with a daybed, lava lamp, lots of groovy artwork, origami beaded curtain, loads of pillows and cozy blankets. Totally fun.

Also my music cave, which is in another nook (old house, lots of nooks) with my record player and crates and crates of vinyl and a rocking chair.
I would love to see the origami beaded curtain..is it cranes?
Old 11-27-2016, 07:19 PM   #69
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by introverted1 View Post
I would love to see the origami beaded curtain..is it cranes?
Nope, it's stars Sort of like this:
Old 11-27-2016, 07:26 PM   #70
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Nope, it's stars Sort of like this:
Oh, how lovely, easygoingfemme!
Old 11-27-2016, 08:14 PM   #71
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thank you!
Old 11-27-2016, 08:26 PM   #72
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Okay, here is the painting (some of it) I've been doing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2016, 06:15 AM   #73
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Sweet Bliss, I love it- so fun! What else do you plan to do with it and where is she going to hang? I love the colors and theme and energy in it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2016, 07:20 PM   #74
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I'm moving into my very own place for the first time since I was 25 (I had it for a year). I'm 47. I've never had enough money to rent on my own, so always roommates. and I've lived with 3 partners. So this co-op I'm Moving into, the whole place will be my femme cave and I'm really excited about getting rid the of all my third hand furniture. My mum is getting ready to move into supported living so she's giving me some Of grampa's 1940s beautiful peices and the rest I'm doing in mid century Danish.
I've picked out a green velvet couch, a black velvet wing back chair, a turquoise 1950's geometric pattern rug (the place has hardwood floor, so.. Rugs a plenty!) and some really beautiful 1950's danish style solid wood bookshelves, sideboard and a black stained cherry wood dining table.

My new domain! It's a heritage building (Edwadian era) so there will be issues, but the suite is beautiful

My whole femme cave to myself. BLISS
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2016, 08:27 PM   #75
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
I'm moving into my very own place for the first time since I was 25 (I had it for a year). I'm 47. I've never had enough money to rent on my own, so always roommates. and I've lived with 3 partners. So this co-op I'm Moving into, the whole place will be my femme cave and I'm really excited about getting rid the of all my third hand furniture. My mum is getting ready to move into supported living so she's giving me some Of grampa's 1940s beautiful peices and the rest I'm doing in mid century Danish.
I've picked out a green velvet couch, a black velvet wing back chair, a turquoise 1950's geometric pattern rug (the place has hardwood floor, so.. Rugs a plenty!) and some really beautiful 1950's danish style solid wood bookshelves, sideboard and a black stained cherry wood dining table.

My new domain! It's a heritage building (Edwadian era) so there will be issues, but the suite is beautiful

My whole femme cave to myself. BLISS
How exciting! Your plans sound really fun. Enjoy it and keep us posted on progress!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 08:06 PM   #76
Wh1ms1

How Do You Identify?:
Submissive femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
single

Wh1ms1 Has the BEST ReputationWh1ms1 Has the BEST ReputationWh1ms1 Has the BEST ReputationWh1ms1 Has the BEST ReputationWh1ms1 Has the BEST ReputationWh1ms1 Has the BEST ReputationWh1ms1 Has the BEST ReputationWh1ms1 Has the BEST ReputationWh1ms1 Has the BEST ReputationWh1ms1 Has the BEST ReputationWh1ms1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default femme cave

My bedroom is my femme cave. It contains most of my most prized possessions. a few of my bookshelves and my favorite books, I collect carved onyx objects, goblets and the like. I have a plasma ball in the shape of the Venus de Milo on one side of my bookcase and a plaster replica of the Three Graces...or what remained of the statue after the Christians got through with it (Ancient Greek Statue) on the other side. On top I have a shadow box with various treasured objects and reminders of loved people and happy times. I have an onyx vase of peacock feathers to the right of the bookcase, to the left of my bookcase is my dresser...I have my incense and essential oils for aroma therapy there, as well as various pieces of onyx.My bed is beside my dresser and facing the bookcase which is framed by the works of art I just mentioned. Unfortunately...I also have a jumble of gemstones and wire and all sorts of other crafty things that I have not yet figured out a way to efficiently and effectively organize. In a year I will be moving to my own place, which will definitely have a dedicated art studio. I also have a drum and rattle on my dresser, as well as an abalone shell and smudge stick of white sage and sweetgrass. My bedroom, in spite of the current clutter, is my sanctuary and place of peace.
Wh1ms1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wh1ms1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 08:15 PM   #77
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I call mine my "Ma'am Cave"

its MINE ALL MINE!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 01:03 PM   #78
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I'm currently working on a new Femme cave since I last posted!

It will be a while before it gets painted or properly decorated but the stage of purging and arranging is super fun. So far I've constructed a little vanity area so I can scatter my glittery shadows and lip paints around and there are piles of eyeshadow palettes and various odds-and-ends.
I always keep my makeup brushes in a glass container but I realized I might need to invest in some acrylic boxes or containers until I can get some proper storage. Looking at desk-like furniture from Ikea so that I can have a flat surface with lots of storage without it costing a ton.

I have my bits and baubles hanging around and the hardwood floors are nice on my feet. I've been doing my beauty routines in the bathroom for awhile due to the lighting and ease but it will be SO NICE to get back into a space that is all mine!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #79
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default dee's ma'am cave scene.....

i have the incense burning on the shrine and my dog laying across the rug. The filtered light is coming across the crystal hanging in the window throwing 1.5 million tiny rainbows across the room. i have a lit candle next to me which is a rare thing, but i felt like having a candle lit.

There is a globe over there reminding me of all the places i want to go.

The Himalayan Salt lamp is lit, and keeping the air clean.

i am resisting the urge to go to the pool as i am getting my new client booked in and sending communication to them, and invoking good vibes into my space to bring on more abundance.

thats what's happening in my cave at the moment.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 06:51 PM   #80
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Seeing as how I live alone, my whole apartment is my cave but I've been here almost 5 years with only a few pieces on the walls. It's leftover 'stuff' from my childhood but I decided to Hell with that and I went a little bat sh*t crazy in my living room recently.

I have a wall that is approximately 16 feet long. It's a lovely pumpkin color....technically 'sweet carrot' but due to a paint mixing incident at Ace Hardware, it's slightly muted. It's still rich and warm. Anyone that didn't know the story wouldn't notice the difference.

So, that wall has been bare bottomed baby naked this whole time until the past 4-6 weeks. I worked from out to in, and against the wisdom of folks that do this kind of stuff regularly, but it worked for me. I now have a gallery wall chock full of me.....framed artwork, little hanging chachkies, pieces with wise sentiments and inspirational messages, a metal letter K, a few things with sparkle, wooden script words and even some pieces I made myself. It's primarily black and white with splashes of yellow, gold and teal and turquoise, which looks soooo good against the pumpkin. When it was all done, I literally felt like I'd ripped a part of me out and thrown it onto the walls. I had so much anxiety about it throughout the process....again, childhood stuff....but once it was done, there was nothing but relief and pride.

I've made baby steps in this direction in other rooms as well. I have a half bath that will feature artwork found at festivals, except the mirror. I've got two pieces that have been professionally framed and matted and they. are. gorgeous. I just acquired two more pieces this past weekend to go in there. One will need matting and framing and the other was painted onto wood so it can up as is. The remaining pieces are wood mounted mermaids and a starfish. I'm wobbling on the starfish as it's not a festival find but it most definitely goes with the water/ocean flow of the room. Of course, the full bath is also an ocean themed room but the blue is different and the feeling of the room is different. Still pondering that...

My bedroom has only had one piece of artwork up since I moved in. A naked lady painted from the back. I found another piece of another naked lady from the back and they are now sharing the hallway so the bedroom needs love. A lot of it. So I have a hanging LOVE piece. I'm not sure how it got there but the bedroom is going to the birds. Literally. I have a mix mash of festival 'Alice in Wonderland' pieces, Kelly Rae Roberts pieces, a couple of random pieces and now, birds. Lots of freakin' birds and I don't even like the suckers as pets. But I love to listen to them and I find pictures of them to be peaceful so there you go.

My craft room is also growing with art. One wall is nearly finished and I'm itching to put the first piece up on my accent wall. I'm growing more confident in my choices with each piece that goes up and even when things don't quite work out as expected, it's okay.

I don't know what my problem has been here. I've had no problems settling into other places. Maybe it's because I know in my heart of hearts that this is not my home; this isn't where I'm going to settle, but it's where I'm 'stuck' so to speak for the time being. Maybe that is why I've been hesitant to put down roots. Though this isn't permanent, I'm going to be here for at least another couple of years so I might as well get comfy.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: