How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I may have forgotten to mention, I tried a lovely Porter while out to eat

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/11597/37327/

It was so good; if it really did come from a can I had no idea...but Im pretty sure it would be on tap at its own brewery.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:31 PM   #422
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Im sooo super excited! I joined a local beer lovers meetup and we are doing a brewery tour of one of my favorite local beers...

Which...now that I think about it...may not be local persay...but they do have a brewery here....locally....
Old 09-27-2015, 06:38 PM   #423
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,464 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

A Molson Triple X can (tall). Admit I really, really miss the oil can.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2015, 03:26 PM   #424
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Beer

I usually like Guinness beer but coming in second is a nice Scottish Ale called Belhaven.

On a hot day you can't beat Modelo Especial from Mexico.

I am a Texan so also try Shiner Beer it goes well with tacos.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2015, 05:09 PM   #425
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
Im sooo super excited! I joined a local beer lovers meetup and we are doing a brewery tour of one of my favorite local beers...

Which...now that I think about it...may not be local persay...but they do have a brewery here....locally....
Yes. The Torpedo Extra IPA is my current draft choice at my local watering hole.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2015, 05:14 PM   #426
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lunch

Corona Extra...goes great with the leftovers,deli oven roasted turkey breast and cheese.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #427
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

Nope, I still can't drink beer unless it's fruity or creamy (just like me haha), but I do like mojitos.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:39 AM   #428
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

My beer of choice. *insert naughty laughter

A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2016, 11:34 PM   #429
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Nitro Milk Stout from Left Hand Brewery

& Sam Adams Cream Stout

Two of my favorites at the moment.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:10 PM   #430
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,912 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I love me some Rolling Rock!!!! Also Corona a/ lime in the Summertime can't be beat!!
Old 02-02-2016, 05:17 PM   #431
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

I've been Ballast Point's Victory At Sea lately. It's coffee and vanilla imperial porter.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:22 PM   #432
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrum View Post
I've been Ballast Point's Victory At Sea lately. It's coffee and vanilla imperial porter.
Very, very interesting. I am definitely going to look for this one. Sounds right up my alley. Thanks for mentioning it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2016, 09:17 PM   #433
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

My daughter's good friend was passing through from Florida headed back up to Massachusetts and brought me a beer he particularly loved from Florida.

Its called Jai Alai. Its a wonderfully smooth IPA. Pretty honey color and sweet foamy head when you pour it out....just delish
Old 04-07-2018, 10:59 AM   #434
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
Del's Narragansett lemon shandy.

I had an Del's Narragansett Lemon Shandy beer, years ago, when.i visited friends who lived out on the east coast. It was an very hot afternoon.... and I liked this beer.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2018, 11:10 AM   #435
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2018, 12:28 PM   #436
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Because of my IBS I can't drink ales or bitters anymore and I never could stand hoppy. I loved the local craft beer in the 90s but when I came back 5 years ago, the craft beer had gone all hoppy. Every single one of them that wasn't a stout.
I had been drinking very lovely beer in the UK and in the Netherlands - bitter and ale from the UK and lager from Germany and Belgium - all very good and a *variety* of kinds of flavours not just kick you in the face with shoes made hops.

Granville Island Lager is a local lager that I like.
Crisp malty, with a hint of grassy herbal hop aromas. A *hint*- just enough to make it refreshing but not enough to make it even slightly bitter or jumpy. It's incredibly smooth. It goes incredibly well with delicate food like halibut because nothing is punching the shit out of your pallet - but it still has a full, firm body to be able to cleanse the pallet between bites of fish and seafood, so you can taste your salad or sesame roast potatoes with miso gravy.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2018, 01:15 PM   #437
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
Because of my IBS I can't drink ales or bitters anymore and I never could stand hoppy. I loved the local craft beer in the 90s but when I came back 5 years ago, the craft beer had gone all hoppy. Every single one of them that wasn't a stout.
I had been drinking very lovely beer in the UK and in the Netherlands - bitter and ale from the UK and lager from Germany and Belgium - all very good and a *variety* of kinds of flavours not just kick you in the face with shoes made hops.

Granville Island Lager is a local lager that I like.
Crisp malty, with a hint of grassy herbal hop aromas. A *hint*- just enough to make it refreshing but not enough to make it even slightly bitter or jumpy. It's incredibly smooth. It goes incredibly well with delicate food like halibut because nothing is punching the shit out of your pallet - but it still has a full, firm body to be able to cleanse the pallet between bites of fish and seafood, so you can taste your salad or sesame roast potatoes with miso gravy.
HB, what do you mean when you say "bitters"? I see that you don't like "hoppy" beers (which translates that you wouldn't like IPAs), but hoppier the beer, the more bitter it is. So, I am confused.

----------------------

No doubt I have written in this thread before....but... my favorites are Stout, Imperial Russian Stouts to be exact. I like ones that have a chocolate, roasty overlay to it. I also love imperial IPAs. It is the high alcohol content beers I tend to like...not because they are high alcohol content, but because it is the high alcohol content beers that are the most robust. I am seeing more Black IPAs/Black Ales too. I am liking the taste of those, I am finding. They have the roasty tasted of the stouts I like, with some hoppiness on top. So, somewhat of a stout/IPA, which works for me. What I like about them is they have the robust taste that I appreciate in a higher alcohol content stout (8.0%+), but hang out in the 6.0% family, which suits my head a bit better. I'm ok with some Red ales, which I will reach for if I am finding that the IPAs avaiable have too much of a grapefruit taste to them.

I don't like milk stouts, and I really dislike low alcohol content stouts as they taste exactly what I would picture a higher alcohol content stout halfed with water would taste like (Guinness, for example..I have no idea why people like these except for maybe the frothy head, which I can appreciate). I don't like Tripels. I don't like wheat beers, and I don't like Belgium/whites at all. None of those flavored beers either. HATE them. They remind me of people who get "coffee" which is nothing more than flavored syrup, whipped cream, and whatever else they put in those drinks. Not real coffee.

I love draft beer much, much more than I like a bottle, which means going out to pubs, so my pocket book get hits quite a bit. I have thought about getting one of those kegerators, but they are expensive. I am also concerned I will drink more since I will have draft beer easily avaialable to me. Beer from cans definitely taste better than bottles, but the craft brewers who put their beer in cans, which although is increasing, is still much lower than bottles.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2018, 03:02 PM   #438
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

You asked HB, but bitter ale is British ale that is slightly hoppier than pale ale, but nothing like the double and triple IPAs now popular in America.

How do you all like sour beers? I tried them first at Russian River some years ago. I like them.

Re Guinness, I agree that it lacks complexity and has no finish at all. But you can drink more of it than those chocolatey stouts.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:21 PM   #439
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I have to add that I am not too fussy about style, meaning I will drink pretty much anything as long as it's well made. I also like a flavored beer at times. There's a cherry porter made by Short's in Northern Michigan that is beautiful. The cherries are local. So good. I only had it once. Mmm. Also a good Weiss beer is fine by me. Basically, as long as it's well made, I am for it. And it doesn't have to be complex or surprising. You can tell a good clean beer that is carefully made.

I agree re Belgian whites. The soda pop of beer. There are good ones, but Blue Moon, Shock Top, and Fat Tire . . . ah no.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:27 PM   #440
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
You asked HB, but bitter ale is British ale that is slightly hoppier than pale ale, but nothing like the double and triple IPAs now popular in America.

How do you all like sour beers? I tried them first at Russian River some years ago. I like them.

Re Guinness, I agree that it lacks complexity and has no finish at all. But you can drink more of it than those chocolatey stouts.
Thanks for responding since our beloved HB pops in and out off the site. You said the British Ale is not as hoppy as the double and tripels, but what about the regular IPA?

You know, I don't think I have had a sour yet, but I have been meaning to. I wouldn't want to buy a six pack and my regular bar hasn't had any on tap yet (even though they have 37 taps and switch them out frequently). I suppose since they are called "sours", I picture them to taste like Mike's Hard lemonade or something...which I am sure is not the case!

And true that with Guiness being lighter one could drink more of them. But, I feel just a lacking when I drink them. I might even choose a Coors Light over it if I had no other choice. Which sounds crazy, I know! It just tastes like I'm drinking 2/3 water and 1/3 beer. Tasteless. The aftertaste is water. It might just be my palate.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: