Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Building Community On Butchfemmeplanet.com

Old 12-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #41
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

I understand, I was just wanting some clarification as to what she was saying or trying to say because to me it was coming across as something different.

As yes this is my journey as well but never in my life have I ever felt feminine, I just won't deny that I was never female bodied or a woman, is all that I was trying to convey.
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NotAnAverageGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 11:39 PM   #42
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default Oh, SUGAR TIT!!

... as my mother would say. (Cross between shit and tit, I guess.)

This topic kind of makes my stomach fold up into knots.

I'm not exactly quite sure what the OP is about - fully. But, the terms "female born, we are all alike/common" kind of made me uncomfortable. (I might have misread or misunderstood this though.)

When this thread opened up last night... I then today took a gander at my "last queer site" and had to shut it right down (for myself), with regards to where they were at with dicussing this type of concern. (Again, my feelings about it, nothing with regards to any progress or intense discussion, etc...)

I see though, that this needs to be hashed out... especially here at a new site.

I could probably list some things that would throw a major tizzy into this thread/thus site, but... I won't, can't - why should I? Why would I?

To me, I just can't understand simply how and why folks just cannot accept and respect each other's spaces.

I have a bit of a problem with the word "exclusive". I admit. (Especially were inclusive is being an open concept here.)

THUS, I can kind of relate with what Jack said. I think "this stuff" and my wife "is open and sweet and believing in all of this lovey...". I totally get.

I wonder why folks are just intrusive at times. Why they instigate. Why some just don't know better...(?) Why they must "post competively".

What is it called? Drive by posting? Drive by "dumping"? Why ruin a thread? (Someone's good mood for the day?!) Why take defense? (But, I do understand the need to be able to defend yourself in any walk of life - and there should NOT be anywhere [here] where someone can BASH another, especially within a same site - and no one can respond!) Heck, that shouldn't happen ANYWHERE, but unfortunately is our reality. This "need" that is...

However, as some have mentioned - I "trust" in the overall goodness, that folks will "stand up" against bullshit within certain trends of threads. I also believe that some threads are wishing and hoping - well, and state as much, for input from "others".

BUT.................................................. ......................... to ME, it comes down to "simple common sense". Would I go into a thread about Femme's and make fun of them, bully or challenge them - for what I believe is "best" for them, etc..? Would I go into a transsexual thread that seemingly wants privacy or support "would be nice and welcome" - and be a complete idiot disrespecting folks there? Hell no. Would I go into a butch thread and "man down" butches just to make myself feel better? What kind of shit would that be? Yet, at times... it seems that these things are happening.

Ya damn part of the problem or the solution? Wake the fuck up now...

How about some basic respect and curteousy? Really. My little analogy keeps running through my head here: I show up at a party and start trashing the celebrations behind it, the folks having a good time... mock it, or get defensive, etc... (Even when I was welcome, but not invited.) But, if I loved and embraced everyone as they were there: WHAT AN INCREDIBLE GIFT "HAPPENING" that could potentially be, YES???!! YAYYYY!!!!!!

I just wonder why we can't look at it something like that here (?)

Hope this gives thought somehow to this topic. I really am a bit perplexed by some of this OP though, I admit - sorry my brain isn't working right lately.

AND I'm also too tired of it - to "receive" correctly. Keep on though!!

SMILE.

Sincerely
WILDCAT
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 06:30 AM   #43
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Glad to see we/re all still talking even though we have differing points of view and in some places, may not be exactly hearing one another.

It's way to early to give this my full attention ( and with my ADD, I really need to focus in order to sound halfway coherent). I will get back to this later on in the day.

Thanks again to everyone who has been willing to discuss.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 07:04 AM   #44
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Hmmm interesting thread. I see nothing wrong with "exclusion" in the form of separate threads, and I do not think the OP's intention was to state that others could not view or comment on these threads. I think the point was that if you do not identify as the sub-group included within the thread, then there should be a modicum of respect when posting to THAT thread. If I may risk being exclusionary for a moment...I identify as femme. I would never truly, on a strictly personal level, be able to say that I know what it is to be a butch, or an FTM, or an MTF. I can read the threads as a way to grow and understand, and can even post a respectful question within that context. But as far as "belonging" to that space....no I do not, and it would be incredibly arrogant for me to assume that I do.

I think that separate threads, where people can come together and discuss feelings, common experiences, and their personal journey in a "safe place" is a good thing. I think this form of "exclusion" enhances our community rather than detracts from it.

Just my two cents.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 08:56 AM   #45
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

I like exclusive spaces.. So many times I see a *Purposed* thread become dominated by those it was not created for... It sort of sucks..

Like going into a thread for book lovers only to find out that it's been derailed by a football game..

Like Gemme... I thrive on how people think, what makes them who they are, I want to know what someone is thinking, why they think it, and how their thinking affect the way they move through the world..

So, I read anything that interests me.. But I don't post in all of these threads/forums... Because some of them, I am not... Some of these threads, I am OTHER... and while I might want to add my thoughts, my voice to the topic.. My fingers might itch with the need to put in my
.02's in... That is my *privilage* talking... If a group of people whom I am not says.. "Hey, we love you, but I really want to talk to someone like me, someone who has faced the same issues.." Then I need to respect that want.. that need...

Random who keeps thinking about the time she was at the comix book store having a wonderful discusson about alternate time lines and histories, and this guy kept trying to redirect the discussion to last nights Huskers game and we all just stared at him and crickets could be heard through out the building...
Old 12-21-2009, 03:22 PM   #46
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I believe everyone has a different pov and perspective. If everyone just takes their time and listens - really listens - then all will be well. We are all human beings. Nobody is different than our id's. I think we need to learn or relearn to celebrate each other. Too many are into bringing each other down. It's like crying. It is more healing to cry with someone than to cry alone if you ask me.

Just my 2 cents.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote