Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #1201
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Fingers crossed for you Gemme!!!! I finished the actual piece that makes up my project. Now it needs to be reproduced 13 times. The project leader Cara gets the original!!!! Which is considerably larger.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #1202
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
Fingers crossed for you Gemme!!!! I finished the actual piece that makes up my project. Now it needs to be reproduced 13 times. The project leader Cara gets the original!!!! Which is considerably larger.
But not bigger than 5x7, right? That was our size restriction.

Are they going to be 100% copies or will you change a bit up here and there?

Are they shiny?

Are they happy?

<--full of crafty questions tonight

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #1203
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
But not bigger than 5x7, right? That was our size restriction.

Are they going to be 100% copies or will you change a bit up here and there?

Are they shiny?

Are they happy?

<--full of crafty questions tonight
Lol Gemme!!!! I thought they were to be 4x6. Am I wrong? Let me know now before I get started. They will be 100 percent copies (or prints in the art world LOL). No not shiny. Hmm I have to think about that happy question. Will ya'll like them? I hope so. Cara's will be 8x11 original artwork.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:51 PM   #1204
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I thought they were supposed to be postcard sized because Cara's mailbox is teensy~weensy.....

I may have made that up.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 11:46 PM   #1205
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Gah! My mailbox is tall and narrow. Maybe 3"x3" wide and 9" tall. Diva, I did say standard postcard size (4x6) but no bigger than 5x7. I think 5x7 is even too big for my mailbox, but the post person has been really nice to set packages on the ledge above the mailboxes in the hallway, so larger may be okay.

*crossing fingers*

cara

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 12:42 AM   #1206
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

you have a very nice mailman. What I am sending won't fit. I hope he leaves it by the door! for the other 13 4x6 it is!
Old 11-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #1207
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!!!!!!

I just rec'd my Moleskin Journal for The Sketchbook Project with the Brooklyn Art Library!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOO excited to get started...I will be VERY tempted to begin IT before I finish this on~going project with Y'all.....

My theme is "Happy Thoughts" and the tour begins in March.....
Brooklyn
Austin
San Francisco
Seattle
Portland, Maine
Chicago
Winter Park, FL
and
DC

You'll be able to check out my book and look through it! Anyone else here doing this?!? It's so neat a deal!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #1208
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

That's so cool, Diva!

I'm not able to join the project this year, but hopefully in the future. Can't wait to see it when it comes to Seattle.

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #1209
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Purepisces and I are doing it. I have been getting materials together to do mine (I received it too). My theme is rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!!!!!!

I just rec'd my Moleskin Journal for The Sketchbook Project with the Brooklyn Art Library!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOO excited to get started...I will be VERY tempted to begin IT before I finish this on~going project with Y'all.....

Brooklyn
Austin
San Francisco
Seattle
Portland, Maine
Chicago
Winter Park, FL
and
DC

You'll be able to check out my book and look through it! Anyone else here doing this?!? It's so neat a deal!

nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #1210
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
Lol Gemme!!!! I thought they were to be 4x6. Am I wrong? Let me know now before I get started. They will be 100 percent copies (or prints in the art world LOL). No not shiny. Hmm I have to think about that happy question. Will ya'll like them? I hope so. Cara's will be 8x11 original artwork.
Cara's already answered, so I won't reiterate the size stuff, but thank you for answering the rest of my questions.

Quote:
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!!!!!!

Brooklyn
Austin
San Francisco
Seattle
Portland, Maine
Chicago
Winter Park, FL
and
DC

I might take a peak at your book before deciding for certain. I love the premise of it, I just don't know if I want to give $25 for the book and then let it go (even if I do let them know I want it back, I'm askeered it might not make it back to me in the same condition I sent it out to them, but I'm all Controlling McControlster about that kind of thing).

I know that Jennifer, pure and you are going to do AMAZING work, no matter what!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #1211
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default Bummer!!!

Found in the Rules Section of the Sketchbook 2011 Project:

Your book

Don't forget that your sketchbook is touring the country with us - we don't want to be stuck in a car with your book if it's covered in hazardous materials or messy art supplies! Please try to avoid the use of ties, random plastic things, art materials that could smudge, glitter, and any hazardous materials.

I think I'm going to pass on this for now as someone was kind enough to let me know that you don't get your work back and now I find out I couldn't use glitter. I like glitter. *pout*

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #1212
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
Purepisces and I are doing it. I have been getting materials together to do mine (I received it too). My theme is rain
I know! You're the one who got me all jazzed up about it! THANK YOU!!! I'm so excited!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #1213
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

my project is more than half done.

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #1214
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
my project is more than half done.
My cards have been roughed up and have the first of umpteen coats of paint on them.

Just slightly behind you.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #1215
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

I know I can look for myself...but does anyone off the tops of their precious little heads know the final count for these things? Is it 13 now? Didn't someone drop out?

If this is the case....then....I'M FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was SO inspired to get these done before next weekend's craziness, that I cleaned off my desk and went AT it! OMG! I didn't care that the cats were climbing all over the shelves and playing with the Mardi Gras beads! I didn't care that Lucy was getting dog hair on my mother's quilt.....I was on a MISSION, by Gay!

This is the sigh of a artisically satisfied woman! <SIGH>

(Note: I said "artistically"..... )
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #1216
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
I know I can look for myself...but does anyone off the tops of their precious little heads know the final count for these things? Is it 13 now? Didn't someone drop out?

If this is the case....then....I'M FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was SO inspired to get these done before next weekend's craziness, that I cleaned off my desk and went AT it! OMG! I didn't care that the cats were climbing all over the shelves and playing with the Mardi Gras beads! I didn't care that Lucy was getting dog hair on my mother's quilt.....I was on a MISSION, by Gay!

This is the sigh of a artisically satisfied woman! <SIGH>

(Note: I said "artistically"..... )
You're done, missy miss. Miss Pixie had to drop out due to moving and whatnot.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #1217
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Do any of you have a Micheals Craft store around?
They are carrying Martha Stewarts new score board (youtube it if you don't know what this is)
it costs $20
if you have one of their 40 or 50% off coupons it will be 10 or 12 dollars

I am finding this to be very time saving

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 10:32 PM   #1218
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Just slightly behind you.

Really? You are?
I keep turning around slowwwwly
but I don't seem to be able to see you.
Are you magik like that?

I am keeping to the size but have lost the concept of post card
though I am on theme
I have one completely done
and the rest have all their components done
and just need to be put together

unless
I add something else

I haz new tools
and will have even
more new tools at christmas
actually am currently sampling christmas presents LOL

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #1219
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
Really? You are?
I keep turning around slowwwwly
but I don't seem to be able to see you.
Are you magik like that?

I am keeping to the size but have lost the concept of post card
though I am on theme
I have one completely done
and the rest have all their components done
and just need to be put together

unless
I add something else

I haz new tools
and will have even
more new tools at christmas
actually am currently sampling christmas presents LOL
I'm all kinds of magic.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #1220
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
You're done, missy miss. Miss Pixie had to drop out due to moving and whatnot.
pixie is moving her what? not?
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types