Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Washington Forums

Old 05-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #21
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
what are the chances we can squeeze in a trip to the water while im there?

I had already planned a couple of bike trips to a few different places on or around Lake Washington.

1. Down in the Seward Park area
2. On the other side, over in Kirkland
3. Golden Gardens Park

With at least 2 of the above trips, you can get to the water - and we can do them all in one day or over a couple of days - we'll see how everything goes.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #22
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

I had already planned a couple of bike trips to a few different places on or around Lake Washington.

1. Down in the Seward Park area
2. On the other side, over in Kirkland
3. Golden Gardens Park

With at least 2 of the above trips, you can get to the water - and we can do them all in one day or over a couple of days - we'll see how everything goes.
yay....now that rocks for me...

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #23
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Of course, I forgot about Alki Beach in West Seattle -- but Golden Gardens Park will already show you the Sound - I meant to edit my last post to say that bc GGP is not on Lake Washington, it's on the Sound - but I forgot to edit! Also - it's a little less cluster-fuckish to get to than West Seattle, imo.

My plan was to ride (preferably on Friday to avoid weekenders at the beaches/parks) from my house up over Lake Washington and down into Kirkland - stopping to eat if we need/want to - then take the 520 floating bridge back across the lake - on my bike, it will feel almost like we are boating across the lake & I will need to remember to take my helmet cam for that bc it's friggin awesome - then take Lake Washington Blvd down to/through the Seward Park area.

We can hit Golden Gardens Park right before both of those or on a different day as a short trip.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #24
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Of course, I forgot about Alki Beach in West Seattle -- but Golden Gardens Park will already show you the Sound - I meant to edit my last post to say that bc GGP is not on Lake Washington, it's on the Sound - but I forgot to edit! Also - it's a little less cluster-fuckish to get to than West Seattle, imo.

My plan was to ride (preferably on Friday to avoid weekenders at the beaches/parks) from my house up over Lake Washington and down into Kirkland - stopping to eat if we need/want to - then take the 520 floating bridge back across the lake - on my bike, it will feel almost like we are boating across the lake & I will need to remember to take my helmet cam for that bc it's friggin awesome - then take Lake Washington Blvd down to/through the Seward Park area.

We can hit Golden Gardens Park right before both of those or on a different day as a short trip.
um floating bridge???? how high up is it??? and can i close my eyes?? or is this a something that Gaea must do just to do it?

ok just gonna ask wtf is a floating bridge??????????????

and on a bike...

ok im breathing i can do this lol....

ok your nutz....its official...i watched a video...not a fan of bridges however wth if i throw up midway we will get it on video for all to see lol

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #25
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Personally, I think you should do it so when you look at and share the video later, you can say hey - I did that!

But, like I said - if it freaks you out, we dont have to use it, we can go back up north and around the lake the way we came.

For the curious, here is a video of the WA-520 floating bridge - the driver is going in the direction we would go, from the eastside to Seattle across Lake Washington - you can see the UW stadium on the right (around 2:30) and if we take the bridge, we would take that same exit this person took - we would then turn left to take Lake Washington Blvd down to the Seward Park area (turning right would take us to the Arboretum and the UW).

Old 06-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #26
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Happy Pride Seattle.....maybe next year ill get there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #27
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ...

Then maybe ill be free from work to enjoy pride with ya gaea too!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #28
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

And I will (hopefully) be living in IL by then.

But I hope you're able to make it to Seattle Pride at some point, Gaea - I think you'd really enjoy it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:

Tags
seattle pride