Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-22-2018, 10:32 AM   #6961
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,774 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I had the same moment of dyslexia, nyc, and had to reread the post as well.

I didn't mean to be fussy or snappy, nan. I, too, am excited for another project! I do remember us having this discussion about when it's appropriate to officially start another project...yada yada yada...but can't remember how far back that was. Some time in the last quarter of the year, I want to say.

I think we determined that the mail out date of the wrangler was the final nail in the coffin to the existing project and another could be started after that. That's where I came up 'after the 28th'. We're not a dictatorship, though, and if enough folks want to move forward, I wouldn't have a problem with you rolling out the details and getting a sign up list started but I definitely would wait to close it until after the 28th.

Nature is a great theme and give us a lot of leeway and artistic freedom in interpreting it. I already have some ideas!

You all are going to go apesh*t over these match boxes. They are soooo cute!!!!

I can't stand it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 10:39 AM   #6962
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I think there was some discussion about possibly increasing the fee but I don't remember voting on it or or anyone stating yes it will be increased only that it should be increased. However my memory is really bad, also I didn't participate in last round. In any case it never hurts double check. Has the amount of time to work on projects changed or a decision been made as to whether or not there will be a cap on number of participants?
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #6963
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Gemme, I didn't take it that way at all...I was just reminding people I wasn't trying to rush things and will wait until the 28th to post the sign up.

I'm now asking if I understand correctly, if not please correct me.

IN GENERAL: (meaning these things could change with larger projects or more time consuming projects)

I believe we agreed for general projects that are not large, $7 would be an average and will be up to the wrangler to say, correct?

We generally give a week for sign up, and 4-5 weeks to make the project, with the deadline on a Saturday, and a week later officially late and you need to post at the bottom of the rules that you cannot participate for 6 months and when that ends, however you are still welcome to chatter with us in the thread.

Correct, or not? (Forgive me, I have a busy life and forget things sometimes...)

nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 03:39 PM   #6964
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

For what it's worth and just an FYI...

From my location (Texas), Breathless' $20.00 more than covered the cost of postage. Travel time however, was a lot longer compared to everyone else's location. Priority in country was +/- three day. Travel time to Breathless was 10 days with the next fastest option being over $30.00.

I mention this only for the sake of scheduling/planning... particularly around the holidays. Sometimes the crafts are linked to a one and want to get things to each other on/before that holiday arrives.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 05:10 PM   #6965
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
Gemme, I didn't take it that way at all...I was just reminding people I wasn't trying to rush things and will wait until the 28th to post the sign up.

I'm now asking if I understand correctly, if not please correct me.

IN GENERAL: (meaning these things could change with larger projects or more time consuming projects)

I believe we agreed for general projects that are not large, $7 would be an average and will be up to the wrangler to say, correct?

We generally give a week for sign up, and 4-5 weeks to make the project, with the deadline on a Saturday, and a week later officially late and you need to post at the bottom of the rules that you cannot participate for 6 months and when that ends, however you are still welcome to chatter with us in the thread.

Correct, or not? (Forgive me, I have a busy life and forget things sometimes...)

Yes to the $7 plus more if large or extra problematic in shipping. Your tentative outline of scheduling is correct but the deadline doesn't have to be on a Saturday. That's the way it seems to work out a lot, though.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:20 PM   #6966
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Okay, everything went out earlier today so let's get this party started!

Nan, you game?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2018, 02:28 PM   #6967
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Okay, everything went out earlier today so let's get this party started!

Nan, you game?
Thanks Gemme for a wonderful project of matchboxes. Those are my fave along with ATC's, triptychs, & post secrets. Maybe I will do next project & do post secrets....

She will be posting later this evening...she is having a Pampered Chef party this afternoon!!
I am so ready for some ATC's....
Old 04-28-2018, 02:35 PM   #6968
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I already have an idea for the ATCs!!! If I can pull it out of my head and put it on the cards, it will be AMAZING.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2018, 02:39 PM   #6969
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I already have an idea for the ATCs!!! If I can pull it out of my head and put it on the cards, it will be AMAZING.
I am sure yours will be awesome! I believe she is going with a "nature" theme & our choice of medium to work with....I think.......
Old 04-28-2018, 04:43 PM   #6970
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Excited for the matchboxes and new ATC project! I'm trying to think of what I can do that's about nature....

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 02:51 AM   #6971
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I have just mentally finalized my plans for the ATC.. and like a little kid who just found out they are going to Disney.. lol.. I can't stop grinning..
Old 04-29-2018, 06:14 AM   #6972
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
I am sure yours will be awesome! I believe she is going with a "nature" theme & our choice of medium to work with....I think.......
I believe that's what she said.

I'm so excited!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 07:36 AM   #6973
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome to the 2018 ATC Nature Themed art project!!

Quantity: one for each person that signs up minus yourself.

Theme: NATURE. You can use any medium you choose & design the ATC any way you wish, just so long as theme is nature!!

Instructions: Procure your ATC's as soon as signups end.. Sometimes, there are shipping issues, so you'll want to get a jump on it as soon as possible.

Parameters: Design theme must be NATURE! Interpret that as you wish!
An Artist Trading card is 3.5" by 2.5" and this must be the only size you use.

Note: You can address each ATC to someone specifically OR leave choice up to wrangler.

Your design can be same for all the ATC's OR you can do a variety of designs.

Newbies to ATC's : You can google Artist Trading Card designs to get ideas!

Dates to Remember:

Signup: Starts 4/29/18 and ends 05/04/18

Deadline for finished projects : 06/01/2018 unless we have more than 12 sign up, then it will be 06/08/2018. When I post the project with all who sign up on 05/04/18 you will know the official finished and in my hands date.

Officially late, and on the naughty list, if not received on/by one week after official finish date (either 06/08/18 or 06/15/2018)

Completed projects will be mailed out on/before (either 06/11/2018 or 06/18/2018.

Postage: Send $7.00.

"For 2018, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until six months from the latest date that the project was supposed to be due. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. Wranglers must mail out projects within one week of the latest date that the projects were supposed to be due.

****** In addition to waiting six months before being able to join a penpal project, the person who has not met the latest deadline must post directly on the penpal thread within a week of missing the latest deadline stating that they have not adhered to the deadline (reason is welcome to be included or does not have to be) and, most importantly, the date on which they will be able to return to participating in the penpal projects. They must scroll back and add themselves to the bottom of the list of any other participants who have not met the late date for any project for 2018. If that is not done, then the member is welcome to participate in the thread with "thanks" and reps and thread chat but not to participate in any future projects for 2018. *************
The reason for this is personal responsibility, so that we have a running record right on the thread that is easy to refer back to when needed. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules.

Example: Bitsy misses the late date for a project. Within a week of that late date she must scroll down and find the most recent list of people who have missed the late date in 2018 and copy that list to a new post and add herself. Bitsy's post would look something like this:

'Sorry, I had the bird flu and missed the late date of 2/21/18. I can start participating in new projects on 8/21/18. I have added myself to the list below:

1. Tony (missed the late date of 1/28/18, able to participate 7/28/18)
2. Bitsy (missed the late date of 2/21/18, able to participate 8/21/18)'

This rule must be posted in its entirety at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project."

1. nanners

2. Clay

Remember you have until 05/04/18 to sign up!
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 10:29 AM   #6974
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Theme: NATURE. You can use any medium you choose & design the ATC any way you wish, just so long as theme is nature!!

Instructions: Procure your ATC's as soon as signups end.. Sometimes, there are shipping issues, so you'll want to get a jump on it as soon as possible.

Note: You can address each ATC to someone specifically OR leave choice up to wrangler.

Dates to Remember:

Deadline for finished projects : 06/01/2018 unless we have more than 12 sign up, then it will be 06/08/2018. When I post the project with all who sign up on 05/04/18 you will know the official finished and in my hands date.

Officially late, and on the naughty list, if not received on/by one week after official finish date (either 06/08/18 or 06/15/2018)

Completed projects will be mailed out on/before (either 06/11/2018 or 06/18/2018.

"For 2018, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until six months from the latest date that the project was supposed to be due. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. Wranglers must mail out projects within one week of the latest date that the projects were supposed to be due.

****** In addition to waiting six months before being able to join a penpal project, the person who has not met the latest deadline must post directly on the penpal thread within a week of missing the latest deadline stating that they have not adhered to the deadline (reason is welcome to be included or does not have to be) and, most importantly, the date on which they will be able to return to participating in the penpal projects. They must scroll back and add themselves to the bottom of the list of any other participants who have not met the late date for any project for 2018. If that is not done, then the member is welcome to participate in the thread with "thanks" and reps and thread chat but not to participate in any future projects for 2018. *************
The reason for this is personal responsibility, so that we have a running record right on the thread that is easy to refer back to when needed. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules.

Example: Bitsy misses the late date for a project. Within a week of that late date she must scroll down and find the most recent list of people who have missed the late date in 2018 and copy that list to a new post and add herself. Bitsy's post would look something like this:

'Sorry, I had the bird flu and missed the late date of 2/21/18. I can start participating in new projects on 8/21/18. I have added myself to the list below:

This rule must be posted in its entirety at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project."

1. nanners

2. Clay

3. CCB

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 10:34 AM   #6975
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,720 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Please add my name- next person who signs up

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 11:18 AM   #6976
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post

Dates to Remember:

1. nanners

2. Clay

3. CCB

4. NYC

5. Breathless

Old 04-29-2018, 05:29 PM   #6977
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Dates to Remember:

1. nanners
2. Clay
3. CCB
4. NYC
5. Breathless
6. Gemme

I'm in like Flynn!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 06:22 PM   #6978
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I would like to say to someone who may be thinking of joining one of these craft rounds, ATCs are one of the top 2 easiest projects that we do. Post secrets are the other.

By easy, I mean that it doesn't require a ton of tools or expensive supplies or talent. They let ME do these!

You can use cardstock or even thin cardboard or junk mail. Those flyers that come are great for this. Just toss some paint or glue some paper on it and cut it to 3.5 by 2.5. Or you can make life super easy and go by a pack of basic playing cards. They are the right size and are sturdy enough to take paint or glue. You can get one pack for less than a dollar in most areas at Walmart or the Dollar Store/Dollar General.

Once you get your base, you create the image you want. All you have to do is your take on the theme of nature. ATCs are flat so they are easy to add things to and design. You don't have to add text. Or do. It's what YOU like and art is subjective so there's a ton of ways to do it.

Homoe?

Katz?

Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:37 PM   #6979
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I'm thinking about it! Thanks for the tips and words of encouragement Gemme...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 06:47 PM   #6980
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,144 Times in 5,124 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Dates to Remember:

1. nanners
2. Clay
3. CCB
4. NYC
5. Breathless
6. Gemme
7. GeorgiaMa'am

GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types