Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 06-29-2018, 08:23 PM   #301
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 23,216 Times in 10,157 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default One Of Us......

(2017)

Penetrating the insular world of New York's Hasidic community, focusing on three individuals driven to break away despite threats of retaliation.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2018, 10:54 PM   #302
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

In French with subtitles.....
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2018, 11:32 AM   #303
charley

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up ROBIN WILLIAMS: Come Inside My Mind (2018)

I watched the documentary of the life of Robin Williams - ROBIN WILLIAMS: Come Inside My Mind (2018) (on HBO) and it was worth it; I laughed so hard at times, I had tears in my eyes - - what a comedic genius he was. He will be missed. I highly recommend it.

He really did process reality differently than you or I...

Nanu, Nanu
there is nothing, and there is everything

(chuckle each time there is the seeing of that)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by charley; 07-17-2018 at 11:38 AM. Reason: was a documentary
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2018, 09:45 PM   #304
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Old 07-24-2018, 11:00 PM   #305
charley

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Bombshell: The Hedy Lamarr Story (2017)

On the Documentary Channel, I just finished watching BOMBSHELL: The Hedy Lamarr Story (2017). - Produced by Susan Sarandon. This most beautiful woman was a Hollywood star. However, it is entirely unknown that this woman also "invented" and "patented" something called "frequency hopping" for which she never got a cent!!!!!! Now worth approx. $30 billion (if I remember correctly, I hope, lol) and integrated into all cell phones, wi-fi, GPS, and Bluetooth, it was originally "stolen" (back in 1955) and used in bombers during the Vietnam war and earlier... absolutely amazing and fascinating story of her life - how the Hollywood sexist machine looked at her only as a sex object - so sad.

There is a trailer, but here I have decided on a YouTube video that more accurately describes a synopsis of this documentary, called The Brilliant Mind, wherein NewsHour Weekend's Megan Thompson spoke to Alexandra Dean, director of the film:

Hedy Lamarr ...

There is also an article in the Guardian, if you prefer to read the review:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...susan-sarandon
there is nothing, and there is everything

(chuckle each time there is the seeing of that)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #306
Kätzchen
~*~*~*~*~

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 22,948 Times in 7,337 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Diarist Anne Frank

I was browsing online today for an interesting movie-like documentary to watch and found an cinematic portrait of the life of Anne Frank, her parent's Edith and Otto Frank, and her sister Margot, and their small circle of family friends and helpers who stood by them during the Holocaust.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Frank
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 06:04 PM   #307
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Identical triplets become separated at birth and adopted by three different families. Years later, their amazing reunion becomes a global sensation but also unearths an unimaginable secret that has radical repercussions.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:26 AM   #308
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,405 Times in 7,624 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Chinese Exclusion Act

Examines the origin, history and impact of the 1882 law that made it illegal for Chinese workers to come to America and for Chinese nationals already here ever to become U.S. citizens. The first in a long line of acts targeting the Chinese for exclusion, it remained in force for more than 60 years.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: