The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sesame Street turns 40!

If you use Google or have read the news, you'd probably know about the fact that Sesame Street is turning 40. How times have changed! I remember when the Cookie Monster lived up to his name, eating any cookie he found (and everything else for that matter) with great abandon. I remember counting with the Count (A-HA-HA-HA! 8-8-bats!). I remember Oscar the Grouch and his less than pleasant demeanor. And, one of my favourites, Snuffle-up-a-Guess (how do you spell that, anyways??) I remember Ernie (Hey Rubber Duckie!) and Bert (I never knew how intelligent pigeons were).

Ah.. how it's changed over the years and become more clean (I remember reading an editorial recently about the upcoming 40th and the commentator mentioned this -- and he was right!). No longer does it seem like a street from the inner city but rather a street from the 'burbs. I never quite got Elmo (and apparently he did not so nice things to kids language skills).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8IfCSnYPYo"]YouTube- Vintage Sesame Street-Rubber Ducky (Ernie)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BovQyphS8kA"]YouTube- c is for cookie[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7hTkzEwFZ0"]YouTube- The Count meets Cookie Monster - Classic Sesame Street[/ame]

So what do you remember the most about Sesame Street?
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

One thing I remember most is that everyone who was anyone was on it. I had a discussion with my mother, about two years ago--about the song Chris Brown did for the show (before the whole Chris Brown scandal) and she commented that, "You know you're a big deal when you're on Sesame Street."

From Maya Angelou to India.Arie, to the Backstreet Boys, Elton John, Tyra Banks, the Goo Goo Dolls, Whoopi Goldberg, Barbara Walters, Nina Simone...

Everyone's been on the Street and I think it's fabulous.

Edit: I remember this video by the Pointer Sisters [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-YcBVEnLT8"]YouTube- Pinball Number Count[/nomedia]
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfXOHElPV84"]YouTube- Sesame Street - Maya Angelou plays pat-a-cake with Elmo[/ame]
The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Default I heart Anderson

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmuvPr0BlxE"]YouTube down for maintenance[/nomedia]
Old 11-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmuvPr0BlxE"]YouTube- Sesame Street: Anderson Cooper Reports[/ame]
Old 11-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #6
PapaC

How Do You Identify?:
FTM-Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

PapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST Reputation

I just wanted to say that...

The letter C has always been good enough for me.
PapaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #7
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Our family did not have a television until I was in Kindergarten so I missed out on a lot of Sesame Street. However, I love Jim Henson and I <3 <3 <3 so many of his muppet creations. Some of my favorites are in Labrynth and Dark Crystal. The Muppet Show was a Sunday evening staple in our household for a number of years. They had an exhibit at EMP in Seattle last spring/summer called, "Jim Henson's Fantastic World." It was SO COOL!
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #8
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sesame Street

My mom had the BEST babysitter for me. All she had to do was turn a knob, make sure snacks were handy and lock the door behind her. I'd sit mesmerized for hours.

Happy Birthday, SS!

To celebrate, I let my guy buy me a shirt with your birthyear on it. It's yellow and kind of reminds me of a slightly worn Big Bird.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Grover was my best friend for years (hmmm, maybe still is )
Old 11-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #10
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Super Grover!!!!!!!

I love Elmo and Big Bird and Ernie too **BIG thumbs up**
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #11
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WicketWWarrick View Post
Grover was my best friend for years (hmmm, maybe still is )

Near.......far!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #12
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qxWGr8VhzQ"]YouTube- Classic Sesame Street - Yip Yip aliens discover a radio[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhKhGyUnc2E"]YouTube- Sesame Street: Martians Meet A Clock[/ame]

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:20 PM   #13
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My absolute favorite sketch ever!!!!! Bookmarked on YouTube. And here's an interesting little tidbit. When they were creating all the characters for the show of course they gendered everyone. But with Grover, although he is a male, they intentionally made his character fairly androgynous. Maybe that's why we were (are) such good friends. Oh, and how many times did Grover do drag in his skits?!?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

Near.......far!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #14
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation
Default Because It Brightens My Day...

Bump.

Because who doesn't need a little Sesame Street happiness during the day?

Not too mention this would work in June's 'Chickens a Fowl Topic' thread as well (well it would)...

*blink*

Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #15
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #16
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #17
TickledPink

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Girly Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss Pink
Relationship Status:
Shacked UP

Location: The Holt-Mason Chateau Decherd/I'm a NashVegas Girl!
Thanked 1,998 Times in 607 Posts
TickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST Reputation

OMG, I'm older than Sesame Street!
TickledPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:35 PM   #18
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation
Default In a land called Oo Bop Shabam!

Love this!

Old 05-31-2010, 08:11 PM   #19
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

A vintage Sesame Street episode that was taken off air after Cookie Monster and Grover became established with specific voices and personality.

The Following User Says Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2010, 09:24 PM   #20
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation
Default Some...None