Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket26 View Post
By far, one of my most favourite Canadian authors.. loved this book!
Old 01-25-2018, 03:34 PM   #2942
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

For school I'm reading Frederick Douglass' memoir, Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass an American Slave.

It's a very good read. Douglass' writing is beautifully descriptive. I'm sure that this will cause some difficulty in reading as I go on, but I've only just started reading it thus far.

For my own self, I'm reading a collection of short stories by Flannery O'Connor. Another excellent writer. I enjoy it very much so far.

I also picked up a book on statistics but every time I open it I feel sleepy. Something about math makes my eyes just want to close.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:52 AM   #2943
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I just breezed through an excellent short story written by James Patterson. The Medical Examiner is about a group of friends who work in professional agency settings and how they solve murder mysteries. If you like clear, concise, fast paced, page turner stories, you'll like Patterson as an writer of short story, crime fiction novels.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2018, 11:55 AM   #2944
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

...this is so lyrical and beautiful (so far). I wonder if I would dare watch the movie adaptation. I’m not sure how it could represent the beauty of this book’s written style.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2018, 02:47 PM   #2945
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

"The Magnolia Story" by Chip and Joanna Gaines. This was a get-well soon gift from a friend while I was laid up with the flu. It's the story of the HGTV "Fixer Upper" couple Chip and Joanna Gaines. Not a book I would normally pick up but a sweet story about their life and relationship. If you like their show you will probably enjoy the book. Good to read when you are sick and just want something you can pick up, put down, and pick up again without losing any plot. Having said that, as soon as I finish it will be heading to the closest "Little Free Library." Ok to read but not a keeper.

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2018, 07:19 PM   #2946
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I just breezed through an excellent short story written by James Patterson. The Medical Examiner is about a group of friends who work in professional agency settings and how they solve murder mysteries. If you like clear, concise, fast paced, page turner stories, you'll like Patterson as an writer of short story, crime fiction novels.

I've heard about these "short shots" of Patterson's! Good to hear they are a hit!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2018, 11:57 AM   #2947
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

cavedweller, dorothy allison and lines from my life, sherrie theriault

the first is a novel, most excellent. (love me some dorothy allison.) the second is poetry, also most excellent writing.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:39 AM   #2948
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon - Stephen King

*shiver*
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2018, 09:37 AM   #2949
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

A Clockwork Orange
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2018, 03:39 PM   #2950
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

Currently working on 2 books outside of my textbooks..
SM 101 .. and The Four Agreements
Old 02-04-2018, 03:42 PM   #2951
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default books...books...book love...

"Hard-Boiled Wonderland And The End
Of The World" by

Haruki Murakami

He's on a different planet...what a writer.

And speaking of wonderful writers...

"The Opposite of Fate
Memories of a Writing Life" by

Amy Tan

the mysterious twists
and turns of her life...stunning.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2018, 11:18 AM   #2952
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Camino Island (John Grisham).

I stayed up late last night and read half of this book, which is really good! It's about the fictional heist of rare books and manuscripts by F. Scott Fitzgerald from Princeton University....and how the story centers upon Mercer, who grew up on Camino Island with her grandmother. Mercer is approached by Elaine, who is working for her client, who insured the Fitzgerald books and manuscripts. Elaine hires Mercer to help solve the crime.

I'm enjoying this Grisham story immensely!

_____ ______
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2018, 11:29 AM   #2953
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I just downloaded "Life After Death" by Damien Echols to listen to on audiobook when I make my trip later this week.

I've followed his case for years and enjoy his writing style. He's not a professional writer at all but it's honest writing and I suspect he writes much the way he speaks.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2018, 01:53 PM   #2954
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,587 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Growing up on Long Island, Shelby Richmond is an ordinary girl until one night an extraordinary tragedy changes her fate. Her best friend’s future is destroyed in an accident, while Shelby walks away with the burden of guilt.

What happens when a life is turned inside out? When love is something so distant it may as well be a star in the sky? Faithful is the story of a survivor, filled with emotion—from dark suffering to true happiness—a moving portrait of a young woman finding her way in the modern world. A fan of Chinese food, dogs, bookstores, and men she should stay away from, Shelby has to fight her way back to her own future. In New York City she finds a circle of lost and found souls—including an angel who’s been watching over her ever since that fateful icy night.
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2018, 05:54 PM   #2955
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Camino Island (John Grisham).

I stayed up late last night and read half of this book, which is really good! It's about the fictional heist of rare books and manuscripts by F. Scott Fitzgerald from Princeton University....and how the story centers upon Mercer, who grew up on Camino Island with her grandmother. Mercer is approached by Elaine, who is working for her client, who insured the Fitzgerald books and manuscripts. Elaine hires Mercer to help solve the crime.

I'm enjoying this Grisham story immensely!
Yes, I've also enjoyed this book immensely and finished it in two days!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2018, 10:39 PM   #2956
ardentfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
~daydreaming~

ardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputation

God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater by Vonnegut. I love him.
ardentfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ardentfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2018, 12:48 PM   #2957
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

For myself:

I just got Grandma Gateways Walk in the mail. I've wanted to read this book for YEARS. It's about the first woman to hike the Appalachian trail. She was an older lady and did it in tennis shoes and a knapsack.

For school:

I'm reading Slave Narratives: Stories of the underground railroad. It includes numerous excerpts from escaped slaves and how they found their way to freedom. Very moving. I only cry every other page or so.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #2958
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Gosh, I read the Patterson crime novel in ONE day! It was really good! This particular crime novel is told from first person narrative (?) The protagonist suffers from an condition that makes his mind race in a million directions and the subtext of the story is how his condition makes him think of favorite movie scenes which compare closely to the fast paced investigation to find the woman he loves, but turns out that the woman he loves was an spy, nothing he remotely even knew about her! For movie fans and fans of crime thrillers, this is an must read book!

I received three books yesterday: two new books by James Patterson.... Cross Kill and Taking the Titanic!

And an new romance novel by Georgia Beers titled What Matters Most.

I'm looking forward to reading all three this weekend!

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2018, 10:58 AM   #2959
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand....fiction but a good read.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:15 AM   #2960
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Gosh, I read the Patterson crime novel in ONE day! It was really good! This particular crime novel is told from first person narrative (?) The protagonist suffers from an condition that makes his mind race in a million directions and the subtext of the story is how his condition makes him think of favorite movie scenes which compare closely to the fast paced investigation to find the woman he loves, but turns out that the woman he loves was an spy, nothing he remotely even knew about her! For movie fans and fans of crime thrillers, this is an must read book!

I received three books yesterday: two new books by James Patterson.... Cross Kill and Taking the Titanic!

And an new romance novel by Georgia Beers titled What Matters Most.

I'm looking forward to reading all three this weekend!
I've only just read one Patterson's book so far. The one you posted about sounds right up my alley!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading