Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

The Family

Robert De Niro, Tommy Lee Jones, Michelle Pfeiffer

A mafia boss and his family are relocated to a sleepy town in France under the witness protection program after snitching on the mob. Despite Agent Stansfield's best efforts to keep them in line, Fred Blake and his family can't help resorting to old habits by handling their problems the 'family' way. Chaos ensues as their former Mafia cronies try to track them down, and scores are settled in the unlikeliest of settings.

--------

Dark comedy. Very amusing even with the gratuitous violence.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #1322
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Recommended for the effects, mostly. If you haven't read the book or seen the first movie, you might not be able to follow what's going on.

I call movies like this the Godzilla rule: If there's a fire-breathing monster, it's tough for a movie to go too far wrong . (Already looking forward to Godzilla this summer!)
Old 01-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #1323
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

fatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputation

Last night I watched an old fave - All About Eve. Great classic film! I also watched the Die Hard series this week.

I'm nuts about horror movies! Love them! Will always have a horror flick to hand.
fatallyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatallyblonde For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #1324
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

Open Range

My Dad gave me this to watch to I watched it to be nice. It is fairly decent I mean it could have been better but I liked it because a lot of the characters fit and it wasn't as predictable as most movies without being super intense.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #1325
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
Cloudburst. In a word .... precious. Olympia Dukakis makes a wonderful butch and the romance of this movie is just overwhelmingly sweet. Love.

This was a very good, sweet, sad, funny movie.

Im not sure if Dukakis was playing a "butch" or a down east flannel dyke from Maine.

I didn't care for the granddaughter being portrayed as the underhanded antagonist trying to put her grandmother in a home, while her husband and the male hitch hiker were made out to be understanding and enabling.

Sexism and misogyny, even in a queer movie, is still sexism and misogyny.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #1326
ONLY

How Do You Identify?:
well my girl calls me honeybear, sugarbear, sexy beast, hot tamale.....
Preferred Pronoun?:
female pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married to my Rare Beauty with a Beautiful Soul.....SS

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,735 Times in 679 Posts
ONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST Reputation

My son and I watched "Anchorman". It was on his Christmas list so I got it for him We (my girl , my son and I) went to see "Anchorman 2" just before Christmas and we all liked it. He and I both prefer Anchorman 2.

ONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:49 AM   #1327
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

The Wolf of Wall Street.

Good but not as entertaining as American Hustle.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #1328
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

This was a very good, sweet, sad, funny movie.

Im not sure if Dukakis was playing a "butch" or a down east flannel dyke from Maine.

I didn't care for the granddaughter being portrayed as the underhanded antagonist trying to put her grandmother in a home, while her husband and the male hitch hiker were made out to be understanding and enabling.

Sexism and misogyny, even in a queer movie, is still sexism and misogyny.

I watched this again today.

I noticed some oddities in this movie. It is a mainstream movie so it has to appeal to a wider audience. What better way to accomplish this then by adding scenes like:

~ the male hitch hiker with a bare chest thru most of the movie
~ the male hitcher naked in the rain
~ Olympia Dukakis having a discussion about vaginas with a middle aged male stranger who picked her up when she was hitch hiking
~ the blind dyke accidently getting into bed with the hitch hikers naked father who then chases them around the yard in his birthday suit

It struck me as very sexist and misogynistic while keeping the vision of the patriarchy alive and well and naked clearly in mind and view.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #1329
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Let's Talk Movies

My recommendations:

1. August: Osage County
Meryl Streep is an artist like no other. Julia Roberts gave it hell. Great film!

2. American Hustle
So fucking good. See it. Soundtrack is killer! Jennifer Lawrence. Dear God, I'd marry her right now.

3. The Wolf of Wall Street
Debauchery on hormones. Not for the faint of heart or anyone who has a problem with, well, everything. This shit went on and goes on. Great film!
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #1330
Paradox

How Do You Identify?:
Constant Outsider - Humanist
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Paradox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST Reputation

The Holidays Movie watch. Scale 1-10 (10 being great)

Independents:

I watched (new) and re-watched (old) flicks of Lesbain/LGBT flicks primarily with individuals of African Descent.

Pariah - 7
Paris is Burning 7 - ( but so sad)
Stud Life - 4
The Skinny - 4
Black.Womyn - 8 Just watched clips. But great POV often not heard about.
Noah’s Arc - 4
The Watermelon Woman - 7 (It was good about discussing missing black stories in hollywood - although fictional, not so good with stereotyping)

Then off the Hollywood

The Hobbit - The desolation of Smaug - 6/7- Not bad but prefer The Hobbit
Escape Plan - 3- Why did I bother.
The Family - 6 - Not amazing but I love De Niro, Tommy Lee Jones, and Michell Pfeiffer
Frozen - 6 - cute
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paradox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #1331
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation
Default Jet Li faves

Unleashed [Danny the Dog, outside the U.S.]

War

Hero

I was in a kick-ass mood, or ass-kicking...

Old 01-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #1332
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

"Margin Call" with Kevin Spacey ( and a cast of very fine actors ) is on the same topic as "Wolf of Wall Street" but a somewhat more accurate picture... no cocaine, hardly any strippers, just as much venality.
Ok, I'll confess. I did miss the strippers.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:59 AM   #1333
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

fatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputation

rn I'm rewatching Apollo 18, a horror movie, I saw before but didn't really pay attention. I'm watching it again cos a pal said she thought it was good. will probably watch some more biker mice later too! \m/
fatallyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:10 AM   #1334
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Labor Day

This opens 31 Jan 14. It is a well-done, well-acted implausible love story [suspension of disbelief, kids!] with a twist of coming of age. I liked it. Good cinematography as well. Kate Winslet is good. Josh Brolin charms.

Time worthy.
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:23 AM   #1335
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

IP Man, 2 DVD set. loved it...
Old 01-11-2014, 12:20 PM   #1336
Yew

How Do You Identify?:
ftm, trans*
Preferred Pronoun?:
he him his
Relationship Status:
Single

Yew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST Reputation

Dallas Buyer Club; it was really good
Old 01-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #1337
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

"The Tall Man"

Very weird movie. I mean it was good. Just not what you'd expect...
Old 01-11-2014, 09:11 PM   #1338
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Just saw Saving Mr. Banks
Didn't expect it to be so powerful. Emma Thompson was first rate
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #1339
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

American Hustle... I thought it was choppy and a bit confusing. Reminded me of Boogie Nights but not as good.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:18 AM   #1340
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

Double Take - Orlando Jones & Eddie Griffith
I thought this was rather hilarious, at every other twisted messed up situational adventure these 2 have, the Snark is intense....{I'm not biased, but, the pooch made it funnier}

Blood & Chocolate - I enjoy this type of Plot, where the persons Loyalty to their tight-knit tradition-bound Family is challenged especially where Love is concerned, the fact this girls "Clan" are wolves, makes it much sweeter, so to speak...they morph in a far more fantastic manner than the usual gruesome body crunching-contortion into wolf some other Films portray...I'm still keeping an eye out for the Book version {and hoping there's more}

Fallen - Denzel Washington,
Just when he thought he finally closed the book on a Death-Row psycho, he realizes the Demon has a bone to pick with him when transference fails during the possessed prisoners execution, another favorite topic for me..Demonology v.s. Angelology, where the poor bugger slowly realizes he can't trust just anyone....I looooved the twisted end.

Tags
film, movie