Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 03-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #21
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,950 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

I remember my parents loading up us 4 kids into the back of the station wagon and going to the drive-in movies. They'd put the back seats down, spread out blankets and pillows. We'd eventually fall asleep and they could enjoy a night out without having to hire a sitter.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #22
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I remember our school guards with uzis

Bombs on our street

Shortages of toilet paper, sugar and cooking oil

700% inflation

Listening to the coup on my transistor radio

Martial Law

People just dissapearing

Planes getting hijacked all over

Terrorists at the airport

"Yankees Go Home" signs

Pretending not to speak English to be safe

New Math

The Police and the Army shooting at each other in the street

Being afraid of Communists

Wondering if the German kids we knew were related to Nazi criminals and finding out some were

Short wave radios

Morse Code

The same stuff going on in the Middle East

The Vietnamn War

Watergate

Nixon

The Voice of America
Old 03-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #23
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

These are some things that I remember from being young:

~ Bad mullets
~ Spandex pants
~ Neon colors, big and bold
~ Not having to lock any of the doors and still feeling safe
~ When crime wasn't rampant in the streets
~ Guns weren't killing teens/kids every day
~ Drugs were not found on every street
~ There were no real cares in the world
~ Hair bands, aka good old fashioned rock and roll
~ Going on trips in My grandfather's truck, and wearing his work boots
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 05:32 PM   #24
WickedFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very Happily Married to Bobbi46

WickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when:

We had extracurricular activities after school like sports, band, skiing, tennis, etc.. and actually had equipment for these things.

Sitting down at the table at dinner time and having conversation with the parents and siblings about our days; no tvs., no phones - just the family.

Being told to go and play outside and then actually playing games outside like hide and seek, etc..

Life before cable and remote controls, computers, cell phones, texting, etc.

buying albums.

Regular gas and it being less than $1.00 a gallon.

Being taught respect and not being allowed to talk back to adults.

Being taught that it's not okay to be mean.

Being taught manners.

The list goes on....
WickedFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WickedFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #25
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when
someone walking down the street talking was thought of as crazy, not bluetoothed.

kids played outside and got dirty and did not need to be sanitized from head to toe every 30 seconds.

you could go to a grocery store and touch a grocery cart without fear of getting sick

u didnt worry when you flushed your toilet that your toothbrush (now stored in the garage) would get microscopic spray of shit on it.

you sang songs with the kids in the car not bring the television.

black and white photos were not a novelty but the standard.

you sat a table to eat dinner not in the car

eating watermelon was something you did in the summertime not all year round.

You did not need to call 20 friends while you were grocery shopping, or 10 friends while driving to work...

no one needed to be in constant contact with everyone except the president and other world leaders.

there were payphones instead of cell phones. and when you lifted the phone receiver a pretty voiced lady said "number please" When I was 3 I spent a lot of time talking to number please.

ten cents could buy a mounds bar, or make a phone call for 3 minutes, or get you a bus ride down town or a subway ride uptown, pay the toll across the bridge, buy 1/2 pound of ground beef, or a package of minute steaks, a box of frozen waffles, or a bag of apples.

a nickel could buy you a pack of baseball cards with a hunk of powdery bubble gum in it.

i remember when i thought 30 was old,,,40 was ancient and 50 was just beyond acknowledgment..now i think 30 is young 40 still to young 50 is younger than me and 60 is not going to be to bad...

i remember when dating an older woman meant dating someone that was over 30.....now when i refer to dating an older woman it is that sexy hot octogenarian down the street

I remember when i was 20 thinking i would change the world....now at 58 i wonder how everything changed so quickly and where did those 30 years go anyway?

I remember bye bye american pie...when we all drove our fords to the fiords and drank all sorts of whiskey and rye and a case of black label beer was 3 dollars....and you could get 23 cases in a 66 gto's trunk and 8 more cases in the hole for the convertible top....

i remember buying a brand new 71 toyoto corolla for 1800 dollars had to pay extra because it was an automatic.

yeah i remember when...i just forget where i put those damn keys!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #26
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when there were no 24hour news channels to let us know every possible bad thing that can happen to us.

I remember that there have always been germs.

I remember that there has always been crime.

I remember that there have always been drugs.

I remember that people just did not talk about these things.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #27
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

I remember when you lost a parent and no one ever mentioned them again.

I remember when someone had cancer and everyone ignored them and whispered about it

I remember when in the 60's crime doubled.

I remember when there really was not good treatment for mental illness.

I remember when people started to find out how mentally ill patients were being treated in institutions.

I remember when pregnant women smoked and weree given amphetamines if they felt tired. (most of our mothers friom that era)

I remember the kids of women who were given Thalidomide for pregnancy nausea

I remember when a woman was being abused and she was too embarrased to get a divorce

I remember when children were abused and no one lifted a finger to help

I remember photos of people from Japan who had been a little too close to Hiroshima and Nagasaki...how deformed some of them were

Back when the World was safe...

Ps. yes, I was a weird little kid. I noticed how things were.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #28
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I do have to admit remembering more kindness and compassion.Well, at least from the folks that were not abusing their family members.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #29
zannadyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch, genderbender, queer, fag-boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible
Relationship Status:
in love with a trans-dude!

zannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when I cried myself to sleep just because I wanted to stay up later.

I remember when "getting high" meant swinging on the swingset.

I remember when the only monsters in the world were those living under my bed!

I remember when tv ended at midnight with the National Anthem playing.
“Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don’t hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people.” Zig Ziglar
zannadyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zannadyke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #30
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

I often wonder if I grew up in the same world as other people did.

No monsters in the world? When?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #31
zannadyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch, genderbender, queer, fag-boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible
Relationship Status:
in love with a trans-dude!

zannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
I often wonder if I grew up in the same world as other people did.

No monsters in the world? When?

I meant when I was small, little, a kid. I grew up in a happy home with no other monsters known to me other than those under my bed, and occasionally in my closet!Of course, I grew up... and realized that many people are monsters and they probably did exist when I was small, but I never ran into them then. And life was good!

...and oops... I just realized I am posting in a thread meant for those a bit (not much) older than I!!!
“Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don’t hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people.” Zig Ziglar
zannadyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zannadyke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #32
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

I remember when we had one televsion channel run by the government in black and white.

I remember when we dressed up to fly on an airplane

I remember having to wear white gloves to church and getting them filthy

I remember dancing to Beatles songs

I remember when Led Zeppelin was incredibly hard rock!

I remember when my feet did not kill me in really high heels (when I was too young to wear them)

I remember when you saw 2 movies back to back at the theatre
Old 03-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #33
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I remember Bazooka bubble gum with flavor that lasted longer than 2 minutes.

I remember when Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, and other westerns dominated the airwaves.

I remember Lost in Space.

I remember bell bottoms, gogo boots, and nehru jackets.

I remember the soda fountain at the local drug store.

I remember the italian festivals on the hill where you could get a bouncing monkey on a stick and sausage and pepper subs that melted in your mouth.

I remember wanting to go to Providence College which was males only at the time.....

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2010, 02:50 AM   #34
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when Davey And Goliath was the ONLY thing on TV early Sunday mornings - that show is probably why I turned out halfway decent
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2010, 03:10 AM   #35
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

I remember playing outside in summertime, after dark catching lightening bugs to keep in a jar.......and the smell the jar had the next morning

I remember playing in the snow in winter, gathering around the fire built from an old tire..........and how frozen we were and how much we smelled like the fire when we went inside to warm up

I remember how much we couldn't wait to put up the Christmas tree......the house smelled wonderful for days, and the vacuum cleaner would still smell like pine needles in July

I remember loving a song sooo much, that I'd pick up the stereo arm and start it over a thousand times (yes, vinyl)

I remember My Friend Flicka, The Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit, National Velvet and how I'd do anything to see them repeatedly

I remember my older sisters taking me to see Night of the Grizzly in our local theater and being terrified for months
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #36
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

I remember butterscotch dipped ice cream cones at the corner store, that also had a penny candy counter.
I don't remember seat belts, booster seats or car seats.
We had a old rambler wagon which all the doors, but one back one, were tied shut with rope, since they wouldn't stay closed.
Party lines meant the whole neighborhood knew your business. (who needed facebook lol)
In the summer, we were outside early and we came in when the street lights came on.
All the parents in the neighborhood would get on you, if you were doing something you weren't supposed to. AND we listened.
Girls had to wear dresses to public school, no matter what the weather.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #37
Cid

How Do You Identify?:
ultra femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, lady..whichever
Relationship Status:
waiting for the right one

Thanked 2,731 Times in 632 Posts
Cid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST Reputation

I remember
going to the drive-in in our pj's.
playing hopscotch with chalk on the sidewalks
playing hide and go seek and running to hide in the neighbours yards
staying out til the streetlights came on
watching my dad make a homemade ice rink in the backyard

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cid For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #38
uglyboi

How Do You Identify?:
As the 'The Bourne Identity'
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cheerful pessimist
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,213 Times in 327 Posts
uglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputation

Do you remember when

Elvis died

there was no call fowarding, waiting, damn if the line was busy you just called back later.

gas was .50 cents a gallon

mood rings

when penicillin was not in pill form had to have a nice shot in the rear end if you needed it.

local TV stations signed off at midnight with the National Anthem

shag carpet

most places didn't accept credit cards, if you even had a credit card

no bottled water

Bayer chewable baby aspirin, there was no ibuprofen.

no air conditioning

Buster Brown shoes

soft drinks came in bottles
uglyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to uglyboi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2013, 03:35 AM   #39
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

I remember:

when the kids would get together and catch snakes by turning over all the rocks in the neighbors yards and the nasty smell on my hands afterwards.

when we'd all get together and play red rover in the street.

my parents kept us home when they had the moon landing so we could watch it on television.

after school if you ran home fast enough, you could watch the afternoon movie with dialing for dollars.

when ALL the kids talked about the big boxers in school, Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier (and I went to an all-white school) and we watched it on television.

when space food sticks came out and my mom bought the peanut butter flavoured ones for our lunches.

after creature feature on Saturday nights we had to wait for the stupid geritol commercial to be over before we could watch WWF and root for Mad Dog Vschon.

having to wear tights and gloves and a purse to church, but after the service they had cookies and coffee or Kool-Aid for everyone and everyone hung out and talked with each other.

going to the cemetery after church with my grandma and my parents to change out flowers on all the graves of all of the family members.

begging my mom to let us have a few rolls of caps to use in our capguns and promising NOT to bang rocks on the rolls to pop them.

sunday night was always Mr Bubbles night.

when it was summer I would raid the mobile library that came to our neighborhood on Wednesdays, and then on Fridays the "playmobile" came to our school playground and taught us different art projects or games.

going to my cousins every other Saturday and the adults played canasta while we kids ran around the neighborhood playing baseball and stuff.

when my mom used to take in laundry to help make ends meet so we could move out of the projects.

we didn't have a lunchroom, they put up tables in the auditorium and we brought our lunches in paper sacks or lunchboxes and paid a nickel for milk.

at the beginning of the school year we lined up in the hall to be measured, weighed, and given a cursory eye test etc.

every week we watched films in the auditorium (sitting on the shiny wood floors) about being a good neighbor, doing civic duties, and preparedness for bombs (which ended in us doing a bomb drill down in the basement)

watching the macys parade every year with my dad.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:21 PM   #40
SaltyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/she/hey you.....
Relationship Status:
open to the possibilities

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 5

Thanked 1,635 Times in 301 Posts
SaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when roller skates were metal creations you strapped to your running shoes...
rubber bands tied together made many hours of fun being used as a game of limbo
a ball in Mom's old stocking was a game that you played against a wall swinging it between and around your body
Spud a game that was played with one of those balls that bounced really high and you each had a number and when it was called had to catch the ball
an imagination was celebrated and that picnic table was a ship, a car, a fort an island and many other things
4 Square was a game played at recess
tying chestnuts on a string and trying to break your opponent's was a challenging feat
throwing those collector cards against a wall was many hours of fun and I got some really cool cards
I remember when I had to get up to turn the channel on the TV...and we only had 1 TV
the short stubby bottles that pop came in and they were glass and required a bottle opener

Oh the memories.....
SaltyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SaltyButch For This Useful Post: