Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #61
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

unlike so mamy .. i dont drink the same coffee every day .. varies from african, costa rican, columbian, somalian , to indian , turkish , to my favorite * kona *
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #62
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
unlike so mamy .. i dont drink the same coffee every day .. varies from african, costa rican, columbian, somalian , to indian , turkish , to my favorite * kona *
Please indulge yourself and try Honduran coffee...I got some at Trader Joes and it was AMAZIInnnnggg..... I'm also one for trying as many kinds as I can...but I definitely prefer a dark roast....love the richness..mmmmmmm
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2013, 05:55 AM   #63
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

A mild Costa Rican brew, with a touch of cream... wouldn't mind a touch of sugar either.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #64
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,832 Times in 1,064 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Caribou Coffee is a mostly Minnesota chain, altho9ugh there are some in other states. They have a dark roast blend called Mahogany, and it is dreamy! I like it with heavy cream, and even though I'm trying to get away from sweetener, I use splenda with it too. Mmmmm, I love my coffee.
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #65
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
Caribou Coffee is a mostly Minnesota chain, altho9ugh there are some in other states. They have a dark roast blend called Mahogany, and it is dreamy! I like it with heavy cream, and even though I'm trying to get away from sweetener, I use splenda with it too. Mmmmm, I love my coffee.
I tried Caribou coffee when I was in MN and I LOVED it! I was at the MOA and stopped in for a nice iced brew. Wish I'd known about the mahogany. Keurig makes Caribou k cups for those who would like to try it !
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2016, 07:35 PM   #66
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I don't drink coffee, but I tend to bring it back for folks when I travel instead of souvenirs. No trip to Chicago is complete unless I stop to pick up some from the vast selection they offer at the Coffee and Tea Exchange on Broadway Street. In Wisconsin there are several. Colectivo Coffee Roasters on Milwaukee's east side is another favorite. They roast their coffees at the Prospect location, or at least did my last visit. In the norther part of the state I always stop in and pick up some Door Country coffees. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few others from my travels but those are the main ones that jump out at the moment!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2017, 07:17 AM   #67
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

I had a major scare in my life today. I woke up extra early, 4 AM, to get started on my coffee roasting for holiday gifts. Micro roasting is very time-consuming. But so worth it! I was 6 pounds into my plan of 15 pounds when all of a sudden my roaster stopped. WTH!😮

True, nothing last forever but this roaster only has about 200 roasting hours on it. Anyhow instant panic. I immediately started obsessing that I’d be drinking Folgers. 🤮Redundant, these thoughts were because I was panicking.

I ground up some of the beans I just roasted, Costa Rican, which by the way is one of the best every day coffees there is. More on that later if you like .......Then I took the cup that I brewed and walked around the house looking out the windows collecting myself. Serious coffee drinkers will understand that.

I hypothesized that the 20° temperature outside may have made The coffee roaster work harder than it liked, thus shutting itself down. Fire is always a concern when you roast coffee.

To this end, that is correct. As I breathe A huge sigh of relief. I knocked out three more pounds and now I’m letting the roaster rest as the temperature outside continues to rise

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2017, 12:28 PM   #68
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default Italian coffee

When home any coffee will wake my senses.If out of town it must be two strong shots of espresso daily.An espresso corretto works great but not until after dinner.

It's too much trouble for me to make it at home..but that's my favorite coffee.

Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2017, 10:53 AM   #69
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Can I romance you with some vacuum coffee? Your coffee drinking experience will NEVER be the same.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2017, 01:55 PM   #70
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
Can I romance you with some vacuum coffee? Your coffee drinking experience will NEVER be the same.

Coooool. And good to see you posting.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2017, 03:48 PM   #71
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default New Orleans Cher!

you haven’t lived until you have had the coffee (& chickory) experience at Cafe DuMonde...

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2017, 04:26 PM   #72
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Coooool. And good to see you posting.

Thank you DapperButch!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2017, 04:29 PM   #73
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
you haven’t lived until you have had the coffee (& chickory) experience at Cafe DuMonde...

TRUE That. The absolute best "store bought" coffee I ever drank was Community Coffee.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:03 AM   #74
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Default is it coffee time??

Some reading while enjoying your 'cuppa

https://www.caring.com/articles/5-be...o-drink-coffee

Old 03-28-2018, 09:50 AM   #75
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Default I'm always looking for the BEST coffee experience

Cold brew

Cold brew or cold press refers to the process of steeping coffee grounds in room temperature or cold water for an extended period. The cold-press process requires grinding: coarse-ground beans are soaked in water for a prolonged period of time, usually 12 hours or more. The water is normally kept at room temperature, but chilled water can also be used. The grounds must be filtered out of the water after they have been steeped using a paper coffee filter, a fine metal sieve, a French press or felt in the case of the Toddy system. The result is a coffee concentrate that is often diluted with water or milk, and can be served hot, over ice, or blended with ice and other ingredients such as chocolate. Cold brewed coffee naturally seems sweeter due to its lower acidity. Because the coffee beans in cold-press coffee never come into contact with heated water, the process of leaching flavor from the beans produces a different chemical profile from conventional brewing methods. Cold brew coffee is not to be confused with iced coffee, which generally refers to coffee that is brewed hot and then chilled by pouring over or adding ice, though it can refer to cold brew coffee served on ice.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:41 AM   #76
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Best coffee maker?

My Bonavita died. RIP. I liked it fine, but I don't think it was worth the $189 price tag. I think it was pretty crazy that I spent that much on a coffee maker, to be honest.

But, I want something with quality, and what I did like about the Bonavita was the brewing at the optimal brewing temperature (195-205 degrees) and most definitely the shower head water system to ensure even water saturation.

So, I would like to find both of those features, but I am concerned that it is the high temperature that made the cost so high.

I'd like to keep it below $100.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2018, 12:45 PM   #77
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Best coffee maker?

My Bonavita died. RIP. I liked it fine, but I don't think it was worth the $189 price tag. I think it was pretty crazy that I spent that much on a coffee maker, to be honest.

But, I want something with quality, and what I did like about the Bonavita was the brewing at the optimal brewing temperature (195-205 degrees) and most definitely the shower head water system to ensure even water saturation.

So, I would like to find both of those features, but I am concerned that it is the high temperature that made the cost so high.

I'd like to keep it below $100.

Consider the NINJA. It definitely heats the water to the proper temperature. The biggest selling point for me was it blooms (pre wets) your coffee grounds. I got mine at Kohl's with a 30% off coupon (and on sale) for a little less than $80.00

This is the one I bought. (there are at least 6 different to choose from)

Old 03-31-2018, 02:40 PM   #78
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
Consider the NINJA. It definitely heats the water to the proper temperature. The biggest selling point for me was it blooms (pre wets) your coffee grounds. I got mine at Kohl's with a 30% off coupon (and on sale) for a little less than $80.00

This is the one I bought. (there are at least 6 different to choose from)
So, is this your main, daily coffee maker?

Old 03-31-2018, 03:52 PM   #79
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

What's chickory do for the coffee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:55 PM   #80
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
What's chickory do for the coffee?
"Back in the day" (different days, in different parts of the world), when coffee was scarce, chicory was used instead or added to coffe to stretch it out. The thinking is that it "cheats the palate".

I guess it has a certain taste and people like it.

Pretty much, it is "fake coffee".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: