Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I have to say I love me some green bean casserole!

My family does incredibly weird things with jello too. There will be at least five different kinds of jello, some with fruit or vegetables suspended in mid air and some with layers of cool whip, cottage cheese, mayonnaise or cake. Green Jello, red Jello, yellow, orange and pink. Its freakish.

The family of one of my exes makes this orzo and cool whip stuff.

One year we were rolling sushi for the traditional TG meal (druuunk)l, and I was eating a sushi roll and noticed something orange and crunchy...resembling a Cheeto....and it was indeed a Cheeto roll.

Last edited by Apocalipstic; 11-17-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Apocalipstic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Apocalipstic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #22
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

What the Hell is it with people putting vegetables in jello? That shit should be outlawed. CLEARLY, it's a fruit only food.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #23
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
What the Hell is it with people putting vegetables in jello? That shit should be outlawed. CLEARLY, it's a fruit only food.

The suspended fruit is weird too. Like a prehistporic bug suspended in crystal for millennia.

and even more weird is aspic
Old 11-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #24
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Nothing in Jello for me, thank you very much! And please, cook green beans Southern style- no canned soup in it!!!

Yesterday I roasted the small turkey I got on special- I always prepare a pre-Thanksgiving meal so that I have sandwich stuff and left-over dressing at home. Plus, I individually wrap and freeze white meat and dark in separate containers and make turkey broth for homeade winter soups.

Usually, I go to either my niece's place for Thanksgiving but she is dealing with health issues and my guess is that my sister and her son's will just go out to eat. So, no left-overs which is what I like the best. Don't have my plans yet. Not going to be a happy holiday season this year, really.

We nevr had any weird stuff for Thanksgiving really when I was a kid- the cranberry sauce and veggies were all traditional and Jello free. Didn't even have marshmellows on yams. We did have anti-pasto then my Grandma's homemade ravioli then the turkey and fixings. A real 5-6 course Italian spread. What a feast!!! And lots of food sent home with everyone.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #25
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Worst Thanksgiving dinner, my ex's mom does not like to cook, but would insist on 'cooking' Holiday dinners.

The menu:
Appetizers of celery filled with spray cheese and deviled eggs with miracle whip.
Turkey cooked on high heat, so she doesn't have to get up early. It comes out of the oven like jerky.
Ham in a crockpot covered in a jar of those bar cherries.
Instant mashed potatoes.
Gravy from a jar.
Canned veggies, bad enough, but she would then nuke them beyond recognition.
Dessert of thawed frozen chocolate pie.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #26
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
The suspended fruit is weird too. Like a prehistporic bug suspended in crystal for millennia.

and even more weird is aspic
I like that, actually. It's kind of like watching a science experiment in progress.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #27
Inked_Trinity

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BadAss! / Sarcastic Bastard!

Thanked 6,924 Times in 1,817 Posts
Inked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

ONLY red Jello with bananas!!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #28
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inked_Trinity View Post
ONLY red Jello with bananas!!!!
I like pineapple in the lime jello. Orange would be good with bananas in it.

And grapes. I like grapes in all kinds of red and purple jello. Not lime or lemon or fancy flavors like champagne, though.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #29
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

We used to have 7-up Jello every year. It was lime jello, and sorry, it had grated cabbage and carrots in it, AND 7-up. The 7-up made it really good!
Old 11-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #30
Inked_Trinity

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BadAss! / Sarcastic Bastard!

Thanked 6,924 Times in 1,817 Posts
Inked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
We used to have 7-up Jello every year. It was lime jello, and sorry, it had grated cabbage and carrots in it, AND 7-up. The 7-up made it really good!
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth
Old 11-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #31
sara-bera

How Do You Identify?:
female

Thanked 2,859 Times in 739 Posts
sara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputation

This is my new favorite thread.

However, I did originally think it was a thread about the pile of horrible dishes one ends up washing after the meal is over. This is so much better.
sara-bera is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sara-bera For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #32
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,615 Times in 3,974 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I actually would like the recipe for the 7 up jello please...seriously...

I made a turkey one year cooked in a brown paper grocery bag. I had read somewhere that you could do this and so I tried it. People were appalled when I pulled it out of the oven and made fun of me until they ate it. It was so moist and tender....now of course, those cooking (but see thru) bags are trendy now!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #33
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_woo View Post
I honestly thought this thread was going to be about the number of dishes you need to wash after the holidays are over.

One year, a family friend of ours joined us for Thanksgiving dinner, and insisted on bring the stuffing, which is my favorite Thanksgiving dish...and she added oysters. To the stuffing. I wanted to die.

I know it sound yucky,bu really if its made right its pretty good,BUT I really prefer stuffing to be made the old fashion normal way.

Once may years ago when I hadnt got my head together I was married to the french guy from the back woods of little river Louisiana..when I say his folks live way out im not kidding( he was in big oil,lots of moola 3 gollege degrees in anything to do with oil)....anyways they had this family friend who was reputated to be one hell of a cook.Well gess what,if u think oysters in dressing is bad...she ,made her dressing with blood sasuage..big yuck...aint no way never gonna be hungry enough in this life or the next to let this pass my lips and call it food.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #34
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,995 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Speaking on behalf of MY taste & stomach

Probably the most disappointing Holiday Meal happened when I lived in Denver and was craving some candied yams. I was invited to someone's home because they were going to be "throwin' down" that Thanksgiving. Others who had eaten at their home had raved how good her Thanksgiving meals were. So I was excited to finally be getting some good, old fashioned candied yams. Well, Thanksgiving came.

I get to the house. It's time to make our plates. Of course the first thing I had planned on getting was the candied yams. I don't see them. So I ask where they are. And someone points, "right in front of you". It took every ounce of self control not to blurt out, "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!" But I did say it on the inside. In front of me was a pan of candied yams that had been violated with marshmallows and I discovered pineapple. WHAT IN THE WORLD?!

Remembering my manners, (mom would have been proud) I took a small bit. I tried it. And I nearly hurled! That was just wrong on so many levels. Now lest you tell me it was the pineapple that messed it up let me continue with my food rant. To you I will say NAY! NAY! Candied yams and marshmallows were not meant to be bonded together. I tried this horrific combination by a person I KNEW could burn some pots. And I felt the need to apologize to the candied yams or report to someone that they had been tortured by the marshmallows who were forced to become one with the candied yams.

Again, I am speaking on behalf of MY stomach and MY taste buds. YUCK!

And I don't want to hear the, "you haven't had mine" line or "you'd enjoy the dish if you had it how I prepared" or some other variation! And I know that in some regions of the world this is how candied yams are prepared and truly enjoyed. But MY taste buds and MY stomach say NO! Such a combo will NOT be going on my plate. People who I consider to be great cooks have talked me into trying it and the answer is still a resounding NO!

So if I see it, don't take offense when the candied yams with marshmallows is nowhere near my plate.

*remembering to breathe*

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #35
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I must admit, my grandmother is notorious for the jello "whathehellisthat" dishes. There's usually a variety of it not only on the holidays but for every Sunday dinner as well. (Which is probably another reason I quit going to Sunday dinner.) Especially cauliflower. She has a thing for cauliflower.

dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #36
GreeneyedMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sweet Femme ones
Relationship Status:
Peeking around the corner...

Thanked 4,375 Times in 804 Posts
GreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Reading all this while eating my dinner...helps the diet for sure!! LOL
GreeneyedMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GreeneyedMe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #37
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

OMFREAKIN'GAWD!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
Oh I have a good story. My dad always cooked the big Sunday and holiday meals. He was a great chef BTW. I was about 8yrs old or so, and was tasked with helping him. As instructed, I opened the can of cranberry sauce and put it on a plate. But there was some thing embedded in the sauce. So my dad pulled it out and it was a 1 inch long top part of a man's thumb . Minus the nail. My dad told me to toss it all in the trash and don't breath a word of it to anyone, because it would upset my grandmother too much.
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #38
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

OMG.

We had as Thanksgiving potluck today at work.

My girls (there are a total of 5 of us) and I went to the room early so that we could scope out who brought what because there are some people who's food we will not touch.

Well, all 5 of us had a very strong reaction when someone who has often raved loudly about her own cooking brought in a curious looking dish.

It was a gloppy crust-covered thing that red jellied stuff had boiled up out of and we could see differently colored chunks inside of it.

What was it, you ask? It was "sweet and sour deer pot pie".

SWEET. AND. SOUR. DEER. POT. PIE.

It had grayish chunks of deer meat floating in potatoes, marachino cherries, barbeque sauce, celery, apples, and some other horrid looking shit under a dome of flattened biscuits.

The smell of it was like the trash can at the fair when it's 100 degrees outside.

Who the FUCK would eat that?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #39
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
OMG.

My girls (there are a total of 5 of us) and I went to the room early so that we could scope out who brought what because there are some people who's food we will not touch.

Well, all 5 of us had a very strong reaction when someone who has often raved loudly about her own cooking brought in a curious looking dish.

It was a gloppy crust-covered thing that red jellied stuff had boiled up out of and we could see differently colored chunks inside of it.

It had grayish chunks of deer meat floating in potatoes, marachino cherries, barbeque sauce, celery, apples, and some other horrid looking shit under a dome of flattened biscuits.

The smell of it was like the trash can at the fair when it's 100 degrees outside.

I read your description.

Ebon said, "That sounds good."

The fucker didn't want to try my friend's spiced pumpkin bread (and which I wound up giving him half of cuz he loved it like I knew he would) but he thinks that's good.

With cherries.

Deer. Cherries.

Two things that should NEVER come together in one dish.

: pukeface :

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 11-17-2011 at 07:11 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #40
sara-bera

How Do You Identify?:
female

Thanked 2,859 Times in 739 Posts
sara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
OMG.

Your HR department is providing you all with therapy after that, yes?
sara-bera is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sara-bera For This Useful Post: