Old 08-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #21
Artdecogoddess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She - but read me however!
Relationship Status:
Blissfull!

Artdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST Reputation

@ Medusa - Holy Mother of Pumps - simply stunning....

Last edited by Artdecogoddess; 08-15-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: trying to embed the picture
Artdecogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artdecogoddess For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #22
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Oooo, pretty heels! I adore high heels and do not own any "sensible shoes." I have one pair of flip-flops (aka toe rapers) that I bought for a recent trip to Florida-they are still in the trunk of my car.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:17 PM   #23
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I love flip-flops and have about 10 different pairs! Some have sparkles, some have Hello Kitty, some are "athletic" flip-flops with arch support! HA!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #24
AlphaDrug

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Fresh Meat

AlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST Reputation

On the topic of heels!! I have a problem I need help sorted out or fixed, I love my heels and I love my platforms and what-have-you. The girl I just started dating is an inch shorter then I am in flats... T_T I've always dated girls taller then I am, so heels were never a problem. How do you handle dating someone shorter and still wear heels? I dont like the idea of towering over her... but I love my heels and the way they make my legs look!
No day but today!"
AlphaDrug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDrug For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #25
AlphaDrug

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Fresh Meat

AlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST Reputation

I went on a first day this past Friday and this is what I wore! What cha think bois and girls?

No day but today!"
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDrug For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #26
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDrug View Post
I went on a first day this past Friday and this is what I wore! What cha think bois and girls?

Pretttttty!

Oh, and I want those white shoes with the funky heels to your right and I'm intrigued with the black and white polka dotted thing crumpled up on the floor on your left.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #27
AlphaDrug

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Pretttttty!

Oh, and I want those white shoes with the funky heels to your right and I'm intrigued with the black and white polka dotted thing crumpled up on the floor on your left.
Haha! The white shoes with the wooden soles are called Rocking Horse Shoes, they're pretty old and beaten up, first made popular by Vivian Westwood in her fashion shows, the models fell and tripped all other themselves because they didn't know how to walk in the platforms. ^_^ Some come with thick ankle straps while other ribbon up the leg like ballet shoes.

The black and white polka dot thing is a big Hello Kitty bag, like a beachbag or overnight bag... Haha.
No day but today!"
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDrug For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #28
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Okay, I definitely want the bag.

lol

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #29
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

Yay, are we talking about clothes? I spend waaaay too much time on Etsy looking at vintage dresses. My vintage collection has seriously doubled since I discovered Etsy had a crap-ton of plus size vintage dresses.

I used to be more goth, but these days my uniform is black pencil skirt, black tights, high heeled oxfords, and cute sweater or blouse.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 10:44 PM   #30
SecretAgentMa'am

How Do You Identify?:
Redheaded Bellydancing Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very married

SecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I have the clothes I would wear if I could afford them and had anyplace to wear them to. Then I have my actual wardrobe. I would love to wear sexy rockabilly dresses, vintage 1940's dresses, great big, fabulous heels, all with stockings and garters every day.

In reality, I'm an unemployed college student and I ride a scooter to school every day, and safety trumps fashion. So my actual wardrobe is generally jeans, fitted baby tees, and my stompy 28-eyelet Doc Marten's, along with my pink and black armored jacket and pink helmet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SecretAgentMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #31
Artdecogoddess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She - but read me however!
Relationship Status:
Blissfull!

Artdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST Reputation

OMG TORRID!

Check it out on line - clearance sale!!!! Lots of fierce 40's style.
Love me some pencil skirts!!!

ADG

[
Responsibility to yourself means refusing to let others do your thinking, talking, and naming for you...it means that you do not treat your body as a commodity with which to purchase superficial intimacy or economic security; for our bodies to be treated as objects, our minds are in mortal danger. It means insisting that those to whom you give your friendship and love are able to respect your mind. It means being able to say, with Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre: "I have an inward treasure born with me, which can keep me alive if all the extraneous delights should be withheld or offered only at a price I cannot afford to give.

Responsibility to yourself means that you don't fall for shallow and easy solutions--predigested books and ideas...marrying early as an escape from real decisions, getting pregnant as an evasion of already existing problems. It means that you refuse to sell your talents and aspirations short...and this, in turn, means resisting the forces in society which say that women should be nice, play safe, have low professional expectations, drown in love and forget about work, live through others, and stay in the places assigned to us. It means that we insist on a life of meaningful work, insist that work be as meaningful as love and friendship in our lives. It means, therefore, the courage to be "different"...The difference between a life lived actively, and a life of passive drifting and dispersal of energies, is an immense difference. Once we begin to feel committed to our lives, responsible to ourselves, we can never again be satisfied with the old, passive way."

Adrienne Rich
Artdecogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Artdecogoddess For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #32
Indyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Totally single

Indyfem Has the BEST ReputationIndyfem Has the BEST ReputationIndyfem Has the BEST ReputationIndyfem Has the BEST ReputationIndyfem Has the BEST ReputationIndyfem Has the BEST ReputationIndyfem Has the BEST ReputationIndyfem Has the BEST ReputationIndyfem Has the BEST ReputationIndyfem Has the BEST ReputationIndyfem Has the BEST Reputation

That's cute!
Indyfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Indyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #33
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I normally wear black Kenneth Cole slacks, a cute top and a cardigan to work everyday. I love wearing clothes that compliment my body shape and I tend to buy more pants and skinny jeans than skirts. Working in the retail industry for almost ten years forced me into pants. I have several skirts that I like to wear out to dinner with some really cute tights.

My favorite shoe designer is Kenneth Cole and his shoes are timeless...Ask Medusa who got to see my Kenneth Cole 9-2-5 Technology heels. This si the pair that I own:

http://www.kennethcole.com/product/i...075225.3075256

This is the other pair that I own and everyone wants to borrow them

http://www.heels.com/womens-shoes/sw...-flat-red.html

Weak ankles make it hard for me to wear heels longer then half an hour, so I normally like wearing flats or Skechers.

I also love to shop at Talbots, Ann Taylor and White House Black Market or Target...Torrid is a kick ass store and I still love to shop there!

Zimmeh
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #34
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

While browsing the site where I found the image for my second pair of Kenneth Cole shoes, I found these and I would definately rock them!

http://www.heels.com/womens-shoes/bu...el-cognac.html

And these...

http://www.heels.com/womens-shoes/ga...ck-patent.html

Shoes are my best friend!!!!

Zimmeh
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 03:34 AM   #35
Rivkeh

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
In formal settings...Miss
Relationship Status:
Wrapped up with a Shiny Red Bow

Rivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_woo View Post
Yay, are we talking about clothes? I spend waaaay too much time on Etsy looking at vintage dresses. My vintage collection has seriously doubled since I discovered Etsy had a crap-ton of plus size vintage dresses.

I used to be more goth, but these days my uniform is black pencil skirt, black tights, high heeled oxfords, and cute sweater or blouse.
...Yes love vintage style-especially 40's and 50's

this is one of my favorite places to check out at the moment.....

http://dolldeluxe.bigcartel.com/
Old 01-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #36
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I've decided to stop being quite so self-expressive at work and to begin trying to look promotable. I'm currently in a position which requires 2 years time before the next promotion at this company, but I've decided to attempt to dress like a professional for work. This is a new path for me, since I've tended to think of work as something I have to do and at the clothes I wear as whatever I can get away with. Anyway, I'm currently attempting to revamp my work-wardrobe in order to make me appear more professional. Thank the gods for the Austin Goodwill, where I have found some lovely snappy blazers and vests. I don't want to go to work looking like a corporate automaton, but it's occurred to me that my goals in life are changing. I would like to put myself through a sort of self-styled finishing school. I am proud of my upbringing and my class as well as my eccentricity and general fashion silliness, but in order to have a position that pays well enough for me to do things like purchase a home, have children, put them through college one day - I need steady work and a higher income. I want my boss to not think twice about having me in meetings with the higher-ups or to task me with things that require the competence I already possess.

Anyway, I've been reading some books regarding the current "rules" of corporate dress for women, and I may be posting some of this info here in this thread. I would love to hear about other femmes' professional wardrobe choices - including finishing touches and the like. <3

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #37
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Well I think I'm seriously out of the loop when it comes to femme fashion ~ I gotta get back with the times

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #38
genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_woo View Post
^^ This. And business wear in the office.
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #39
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

I am so clueless on proper business wear. If I suddenly started working in an office that required it, I'd be SOL because I've never owned a suit in my life. I don't know if it's a Vancouver/West Coast thing, or just specific to my company because we're in the outdoor industry, but people at my office wear jeans, yoga pants, Gore-Tex, and flip flops.

I'm wearing a black skirt, a tan sweater from Banana Republic, and flat brown boots and I'm considered super dressed up. /kanyeshrug
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #40
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
Well I think I'm seriously out of the loop when it comes to femme fashion ~ I gotta get back with the times
You have a large team of femmes here that can help you out!
The Following User Says Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:

Tags
clothes, fashion, femme, shoes, style