Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #21
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,099 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Went for a walk after work at a small local nature center. I didn't have a GPS, but still managed to find two out of four that I scoped out online beforehand. Sweet.

Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #22
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckle-K View Post
Went for a walk after work at a small local nature center. I didn't have a GPS, but still managed to find two out of four that I scoped out online beforehand. Sweet.

You should get one. I started the same way, my brain, two hands and a pokey stick.

Garmin venture HC's are about 130$ (I got one and it is amazing!)
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #23
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Between the breaks in rain this spring, I finally got to go letterboxing and introduce my sweetie to the hobby over Memorial Day weekend! I'm excited because there are dozens of letterboxes within a few miles of my new apartment. Also, I'll be teaching a letterboxing class at the summer camp I volunteer at. Whee!

cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #24
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I'm going out caching this weekend! Theres a levee along here that has TONS along the way, so im going to hit a bunch.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #25
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

We are less than 20 caches from hitting our 300 mark this summer! I'm looking for a special or unique find to commemorate 3 years of caching and 300 finds.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2010, 11:39 PM   #26
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Oooh--Good luck, Fancy! :-)

I have been working on my lesson plans for the letterboxing class I'm teaching at camp the first week of August. I'm super excited to expose 9 youngsters and a few adults to the wonderful world of letterboxing.

cara
Old 08-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #27
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Geocaching

Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.

Has anyone gone on a geocaching adventure???

Here's a link to the site, but it is supposed to be temporarily offline for an update tomorrow.

http://www.geocaching.com/

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #28
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelli View Post
Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.

Has anyone gone on a geocaching adventure???

Here's a link to the site, but it is supposed to be temporarily offline for an update tomorrow.

http://www.geocaching.com/

I have thought more than once that this would be interesting to try.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #29
Softly

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Softly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST Reputation

oh my, this looks EXCITING!!!!
I would so do this!

Thank you for the link. If I decide to try it out, will post here about it!
I LOVE adventures
Softly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Softly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #30
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't been too much lately; it's just too dang hot, but here is another thread about Geocaching!

Give it a try and enjoy! It's a lot of fun!

Glynn

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...hread.php?t=74
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oiler41 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #31
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you for the link to the other thread. I looked and looked and never found it. I wonder if Admin consolidates threads?

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
The Following User Says Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #32
Slater

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Slater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST Reputation

My ex and I did letterboxing a few times several years ago. It's similar to geocaching. Sometimes it was fun, sometimes frustrating. We didn't have a GPS at the time, so that made some of them harder.

And we did letterboxing with cara once, I had forgotten about that ... probably because I waited outside. It was a talk-to-someone one. I preferred the tromp-through-the-woods kind.

Last edited by Slater; 08-07-2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Because I remembered that we letterboxed with cara
Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slater For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #33
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

I haven't letter-boxed much this year. However, on Friday I took a quick day trip to Ilwaco, WA (SW corner of Washington state) and found a couple before flying kites and playing at the beach. Totally fun! Also went to a huge Harry Potter-themed meetup near Seattle in July with my mom. I'm seeing more and more good carves on the trails and that makes me happy.

Thanks for posting in this thread!

~Wade Davis
Old 08-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #34
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

That sounds like fun especially if it's in the woods.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #35
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Thumbs up

Cara has a great lil geocache thread going on...

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...hread.php?t=74

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 04:29 AM   #36
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Wow, I hadn't realized that I had not posted here in a year. Thanks Cara and Jelli for reminding me!

Cara, thanks too for posting about letterboxing. We've rarely run across cache-letterbox hybrids, buts it's unique when we find them.

Well, I've been caching a bit more this year. Passed 300 a while back, added several more states to my map, and have taken up biking local trails to cache. It certainly breaks up a 10 mile bike ride when you get to stop frequently.

A couple weeks ago I found a pretty unique cache...someone had added a block of wood to a fence (to match all the wood on the fence) and the inside of the block was hollow. I don't even know what made me think to wiggle the block. I had all but given up. What a surprise.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #37
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

What does everyone think of the geocaching challenges? I did the pick up 10 peices of litter one but I think the other ones are kinda silly.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:53 AM   #38
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_boi View Post
What does everyone think of the geocaching challenges? I did the pick up 10 peices of litter one but I think the other ones are kinda silly.
I haven't done any challenges, but pretty much CITO everywhere I go. There's a challenge for that?

Have you been to any geocaching events or gatherings? There seem to be quite a few locally, but again I haven't attended any yet.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:41 AM   #39
sarahwho

How Do You Identify?:
lonely femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single - I quit

sarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputation

Just getting into it........downloaded the app onto my HTC - I am excited! I told my son about it, and naturally becuz he's 9, he's going with me. But he loves secret stuff, so this should be right up his alley! I just want to know what sorts of stuff people leave? I think if I like it enough I may get a collection of plastic coins to leave to up the anty more for other ppl!
sarahwho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fun, games, geocache, geocaching, gps, letterboxing, scavenger hunt