Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
it was! The job I left in NOLA was a good job but it was OMG so stressful. From the moment i started there a few years ago. STRESS. Our management team was not functioning as a team and I hated it. They had a couple of perks, and i loved what i did, but the stress was making me physically ILL.

This company is in a cool old renovated warehouse in the historical district of town. Its up to date and pleasing to be in. The staff is young and the energy is nice and helpful. They had my office all laid out and made me feel at home.

AND i got the key code to the restroom!
Ha! Sounds like a perfect first day. I hope that the rest of your week is happy and fulfilling.

Show off that brain!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 08:10 PM   #13322
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,615 Times in 3,974 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

my daughter is showing signs of labor...the baby is due March 7th but she is dilating and having contractions. The wait is so hard!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2017, 08:26 AM   #13323
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,093 Times in 8,591 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

A muffin and a cup of coffee, but I'll just drink my green smoothie and be grateful for that.

but a muffin would really be nice.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2017, 03:05 PM   #13324
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,156 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

It is freakishly warm and sunny out and I got to open all the windows in my house before leaving for work this morning.

I have two awesome weekends coming up and am sooo excited for some good adventures ahead.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2017, 06:52 AM   #13325
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Good News... Peace is progressing into the flight cage at Audubon on Friday. They have constructed an elevated nest platform lined with natural, similar nest material he was used to.

They will continue to feed Peace three times a day disguised behind a black curtain.

There is one mature male eagle in the flight that is non-flighted who will act as a mentor for Peace. This eagle will encourage Peace and create a sense of normalcy as Peace observes him.

Audubon knew something was wrong with Peace, but they do not have a specific diagnosis. The reason for his imbalance may never be known, but it is improving. This step transferring Peace into the flight is very reassuring and a positive step forward.

He will remain there and take flight when he's ready. We look forward to his release in the nest area when Audubon declares him ready.

------------------------

He wont be able to be renested before the end of nesting season but at least they are seeming confident he will be able to be released back into the wild at some point.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2017, 11:38 AM   #13326
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Good News... Peace is progressing into the flight cage at Audubon on Friday. They have constructed an elevated nest platform lined with natural, similar nest material he was used to.

They will continue to feed Peace three times a day disguised behind a black curtain.

There is one mature male eagle in the flight that is non-flighted who will act as a mentor for Peace. This eagle will encourage Peace and create a sense of normalcy as Peace observes him.

Audubon knew something was wrong with Peace, but they do not have a specific diagnosis. The reason for his imbalance may never be known, but it is improving. This step transferring Peace into the flight is very reassuring and a positive step forward.

He will remain there and take flight when he's ready. We look forward to his release in the nest area when Audubon declares him ready.

------------------------

He wont be able to be renested before the end of nesting season but at least they are seeming confident he will be able to be released back into the wild at some point.
I know you like the eagles and such, have you heard about the ones in Webster, Texas who are awaiting on eggs to hatch? A couple has set up a webcam for the world to watch, if I can get the link I will post it.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:26 PM   #13327
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I know you like the eagles and such, have you heard about the ones in Webster, Texas who are awaiting on eggs to hatch? A couple has set up a webcam for the world to watch, if I can get the link I will post it.

Cool. If you can find the link, I'd love to take a look.

Eagles are eagles but parenting strategies show subtle differences from nest to nest, depending on conditions, the number of eaglets, how plentiful the food sources are etc. It is fascinating to watch.

Peace's sibling is getting a lil tough love now that they are alone in the nest.
There is no sibling there to teach them how to mantle or protect food or how to steal/ fight for food. The eaglette was used to Momma bringing food and feeding them. Now Momma has to make the feedings something they "fight" for so they will learn how to manage in the wild.

There is a video of the first time the mother did this. The look on the eaglettes face, their confusion and subsequent temper tantrum (biting moms feet) is precious. They are getting plenty to eat, they just have to work for it a bit now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2017, 01:03 PM   #13328
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default w

work...so, hanging out on here until my client is due...love Saturdays...saw a photo of a painting that I found interesting...thinking of someone who I am drawn to...but alas she is too young for me, love femmes in my own generation...but she is beautiful, indeed. Alright, enough...Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2017, 12:16 PM   #13329
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default g

hanging out on this Sunday...and yes, thinking about the woman, in her forties, that
I mentioned yesterday was too young for me...

so, what's the big deal? Well, talking to myself here, listening
to my decision making process...I mentioned yesterday that
I enjoy meeting/dating femmes in my generation, in real-time,
so someone in their forties while can be a friend, do not
include them in intimate relating/dating...also, she works with me...another
decision I made early on in my life, not to get involved with women
I work with...why am I going on and on about this?...well, today
I'm procrastinating finishing a "work"...don't want its process to end...silly I know...but just
will ride it out by posting and listening to relaxing music.

Sometimes, its not about doing for me...it is simply about being.
So that is what is on my mind.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2017, 05:11 PM   #13330
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,156 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
thinking of someone who I am drawn to...but alas she is too young for me, love femmes in my own generation...but she is beautiful, indeed. Alright, enough...Greco
Sometimes it's fun to entertain the thought, even if you might not follow through.

I'm thinking I'm abnormally tuckered out and should probably make it an easy night here before kicking off the work week tomorrow morning.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 08:27 AM   #13331
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Florida Audubon

The camera's in Peace's temporary home are active at the above link. He and his mentor Bob are having a quiet day at the moment but Peace tends to follow Bob wherever he goes. Eagles can be very social except when it comes to food or protecting their young.

Both Peace and his sibling Hope are due to begin fledging or flying. They are both considered “branchers” at this age because they are very actively flapping and jumping around on the nest and nearby branches.

It is extremely dangerous for us to return an eaglet at this age back into his nest because the sibling would surely jump and could get injured.

“Peace” will be released at his nest area as soon as he can fly.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:07 AM   #13332
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,093 Times in 8,591 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

My next trip. Don't know where I'm going. I had been saving up for a jazz festival in Panama or South Africa, but I ain't leaving the country because they may not let me back in.

I haven't been to San Francisco nor Seattle. Maybe I'll take a train north this summer.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 12:09 PM   #13333
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I haven't been to San Francisco nor Seattle. Maybe I'll take a train north this summer.

I've been to both and they have many, many good points to each. If you go to San Francisco, definitely take a trolley ride. If you are driving, you might want to avoid Vermont or Lombard Street as they are very tight and crooked. Pretty area, though. Maybe Alcatraz? Odd note: the most polite homeless person I've ever met was on a street in San Francisco.

If you go to Seattle, definitely go down to the pier. There's a fantastic seafood restaurant called Anthony's there. That's where I had the BEST salmon I've ever had. And they have a killer 3 way crème brule too.

Also, go to Pike Place Market. Wear comfy shoes as it's huge and good for a half day of walking around and window shopping, easy. Also, they are having a grand opening for a new marketfront in June of this year. That would be a good time to go. If you like aquariums, they also have a small one just down the road from Anthony's. Within walking distance. If you use a parking lot meter, be careful. They are tricky there!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 02:12 PM   #13334
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
vibing

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default this weekend-

President Obama was sighted in New York and a small crowd formed. When he appeared people were literally cheering and yellling for him. How much we love and miss this amazing man and President-You could tell the people cheering and yelling his name missed him!!!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 03:41 PM   #13335
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,910 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

My career switch..........
Old 02-27-2017, 09:31 PM   #13336
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,107 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

It's almost 7 years since dad died and shortly after, I made a camping trip to Lake James, met some unforgettable friends, we got rained on almost the entire time, made some great memories, and then I made a huge change in my life to chase my career. It doesn't feel like 7 years.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2017, 05:59 AM   #13337
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

Hmm...this is under the section for "fluffy" and "humor" but what is on my mind is neither....

The Surgeon called last night with yet more bad news about Mom. Yes. She is coming home today. No. She has not been told the news. When we told my Father he cried (3rd time I ever saw him cry in my 50 year lifespan).

So what did the doctor say? Infection present in hip even without growing culture for 2 days. Another surgery probably imminent. As for her lumbar mri? Many things....spinal Stenosis is definitely narrowing onto her spinal cord and would cause pain. However it would be both legs and she is complaining of only pain in one. Secondly, a shift in vertebraes in her spine at L3/L4. Nerves are compressed. At same region little tumors in blood vessels that are always benign so no use messing with them. Biopsies usually not done on them because they bleed horribly and are not a threat. Finally, a thickening of her uterus to 11 mm. This problem is being deferred back to her PCP.

So as I type it out now the pain has hit me as it had Dad last night. I think of telling my brother last night and him saying, "well, Paul, she is 91 years old." At the time, I thought "you heartless @$$%*(# It is our Mother!!" However, I must admit I have questioned why they cannot just sever her spinal cord leaving her paralyzed from waist down to just be humane. Ugh!! Too much is on my mind....and not "fluffy" or "humor". *frowns* please send out to God or the Universe positivity for my Mom. She may be 91 but this world will definitely be worse without her and my Father. They are very rare specimens in today's world....
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2017, 07:22 AM   #13338
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,107 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

That little house I found in the mountains...close to all my favorite places
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2017, 11:53 AM   #13339
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

BIG BIG hugs for you. Sending all the juju i can

[ QUOTE=PaPa;1130405]Hmm...this is under the section for "fluffy" and "humor" but what is on my mind is neither....

The Surgeon called last night with yet more bad news about Mom. Yes. She is coming home today. No. She has not been told the news. When we told my Father he cried (3rd time I ever saw him cry in my 50 year lifespan).

So what did the doctor say? Infection present in hip even without growing culture for 2 days. Another surgery probably imminent. As for her lumbar mri? Many things....spinal Stenosis is definitely narrowing onto her spinal cord and would cause pain. However it would be both legs and she is complaining of only pain in one. Secondly, a shift in vertebraes in her spine at L3/L4. Nerves are compressed. At same region little tumors in blood vessels that are always benign so no use messing with them. Biopsies usually not done on them because they bleed horribly and are not a threat. Finally, a thickening of her uterus to 11 mm. This problem is being deferred back to her PCP.

So as I type it out now the pain has hit me as it had Dad last night. I think of telling my brother last night and him saying, "well, Paul, she is 91 years old." At the time, I thought "you heartless @$$%*(# It is our Mother!!" However, I must admit I have questioned why they cannot just sever her spinal cord leaving her paralyzed from waist down to just be humane. Ugh!! Too much is on my mind....and not "fluffy" or "humor". *frowns* please send out to God or the Universe positivity for my Mom. She may be 91 but this world will definitely be worse without her and my Father. They are very rare specimens in today's world....[/QUOTE]
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2017, 02:08 PM   #13340
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My cousin Doris and the loss of her husband.

RIP Cal
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: