Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Femme Zone

The Femme Zone For all things "Femme"

Old 10-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #221
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Unfortunately not.

I have to say I have encountered it more in CA than I did in Michigan. And Canadians have the rep of being more diffident.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #222
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Unfortunately not.

I have to say I have encountered it more in CA than I did in Michigan. And Canadians have the rep of being more diffident.
right.....i know i too am in Ca

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #223
-Red-Flag-

How Do You Identify?:
.Butch.

Thanked 3,609 Times in 929 Posts
-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation

Takes a bagillion notes.. Needs more paper ...scribble scribble

You will always be fond of me. I represent all the sins you never had the courage to commit.--Oscar Wilde

Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power.--Oscar Wilde

I want to fill my mouth with your name.— Pablo Neruda

-Red-Flag- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to -Red-Flag- For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #224
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post

also please don't tell me how "hot" you are or how "hot" everyone else thinks you are every minute

*puke*

Instant turn OFF!

Why don't people get this? I am from California as well and have encountered this a lot too. As soon as this is brought up, they immediately fall off my radar![/QUOTE]

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #225
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
*puke*

Instant turn OFF!

Why don't people get this? I am from California as well and have encountered this a lot too. As soon as this is brought up, they immediately fall off my radar!
[/QUOTE]

RIGHT???

I dont get it either, low self esteem perhaps? self inflated ego's perhaps? over zealous perhaps? who knows but it certainly is most annoying.

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #226
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

RIGHT???

I dont get it either, low self esteem perhaps? self inflated ego's perhaps? over zealous perhaps? who knows but it certainly is most annoying.[/QUOTE]

Since several people on the thread have said they've encountered this behavior (declaring one's own hotness on a first date), I don't doubt it's out there, but I just wanted to say, no one I've ever dated has ever talked about how hot they are on on a first date or any date.

(Shaking head)

(Chuckling)
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #227
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

? Probably the same way butches do? I'm not big on someone opening the door for me or bringing me flowers, but I do like to hold hands or wrap my arm around theirs. Physical displays of affection are way better than all the other bells and whistles. Although, I suppose that would happen after you have established a connection with someone you are dating.

Oh fuck it. Bring me flowers and hold the door open for me, dammit!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #228
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

since I don't date butch folk and none of my butch friends would say how 'hot' they are to anyone they are on a date with.........I'm a bit shocked this happens........

it's kinda icky and creepy just hearing about it.........
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #229
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Date

Thank you ladies. I have been reading this post and im sorry some of you havent been treated so nicely. I believe if you ask a woman out you should treat her with respect,be kind,compliment her, and be attentive to her. I even say thank you for spending time with me. Good luck ladies!
StrongButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to StrongButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #230
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

on a date i am all about the B&F dynamic ~ this would be a given ~ if a date was already accepted. flirting w. eachother ~ enjoying a convo ~ kiss' ~ lots of kiss'
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 05:50 AM   #231
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

I have to say, i'm baffled that some people would choose to discuss "hotness" as if that's a valid topic of conversation. I can't wrap my mind around it! I prefer to poke around until I find the things they are passionate about. I love seeing the way a person's face lights up when you get them talking about something they care about very much.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #232
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

True story.....it was a first meeting with someone I had been talking to (via email/chat/text) and she happened to live in my city. Our first "meeting" was a lunch bar so it was pretty casual, and last minute I might add. Impulsive as I see it in hindsight, but I digress. She openly told me about her last relationship then proceeded to ask me how many women I had been in relationships with. I was a tad bashful but I said how many. She said, to me then, "you're a low mileage lesbian"

Ok, so now what? that was about 7 months ago, and the last time I spoke to her......

Should I make that my handle if I try another dating site?
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #233
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipstickLola View Post
True story.....it was a first meeting with someone I had been talking to (via email/chat/text) and she happened to live in my city. Our first "meeting" was a lunch bar so it was pretty casual, and last minute I might add. Impulsive as I see it in hindsight, but I digress. She openly told me about her last relationship then proceeded to ask me how many women I had been in relationships with. I was a tad bashful but I said how many. She said, to me then, "you're a low mileage lesbian"

Ok, so now what? that was about 7 months ago, and the last time I spoke to her......

She probably was just nervous and blurted it out in that way we blurt out stupid shit in stressful situations like first dates—but "low mileage lesbian" is creepy. You're not a vehicle, vessel or carnival ride and you don't have an odometer except maybe metaphorically.

I guess I'm saying No, I wouldn't make it my handle (were you kidding?), or maybe Yes, if it appeals to your sense of humor.

Or as I think about it more, maybe yes, you should use it as a handle if you want to present your low number of relationships out front and center because you think it will appeal to people.

(I don't personally consider it a plus, but it's not MY handle we're talking about...)
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #234
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,801 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

That is the funniest thing I have read in a while and never heard that before!

Low miles and gently used?!

Would keep that for a chuckle, not a handle

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #235
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
She probably was just nervous and blurted it out in that way we blurt out stupid shit in stressful situations like first dates—but "low mileage lesbian" is creepy. You're not a vehicle, vessel or carnival ride and you don't have an odometer except maybe metaphorically.

I guess I'm saying No, I wouldn't make it my handle (were you kidding?), or maybe Yes, if it appeals to your sense of humor.

Or as I think about it more, maybe yes, you should use it as a handle if you want to present your low number of relationships out front and center because you think it will appeal to people.

(I don't personally consider it a plus, but it's not MY handle we're talking about...)
OMG, yes I was kidding,
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #236
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

Kept covered and treated with regular maintenance!!

Quote:
OMG, yes I was kidding,
Old 10-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #237
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandalAndy View Post
Kept covered and treated with regular maintenance!!
hahahahaha, funny, really!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #238
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

I got a great chuckle out of that "low mileage"? wtf does that mean exactly.....that is how i would have responded then i may have responded with its not the miles that counts its the "Ride" hahaha

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #239
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

I was dating a fella (when i was a teenager) and he picked me up one day and brought along with him someone else he had decided to "pit myself and her against each other" when she and i exited the car, i had a chat with her, told her he was a serious waste of my time at this point and that she could have him cause he would do the same thing to her he had just done to me and I am not into playing these sort of games. She gave much thought to this and then decided she didn't want him either.....when he was close to dropping me off she told him what a jerk he was and that she would never be with him, when I got out of the car i looked at him and told him to "fuck off" and please don't call me anymore.....

As an adult I have experienced this same thing.....

I would stand proudly next to my sister's than play a silly childish (teenage) game with anyone.

Im not into the games and im not into being "one" of many notches etc...

Life is too short for all that.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #240
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
I got a great chuckle out of that "low mileage"? wtf does that mean exactly.....that is how i would have responded then i may have responded with its not the miles that counts its the "Ride" hahaha
If ONLY I were that quick with the comebacks......
Good one!!