Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #81
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
We've seen a few movies lately.

Cyrus. Loved it. Thought it was funny and the performances were all great. Jonah Hill and John C Reilly were both fantastic.

The Kids Are Alright. Very good. Thought it started to veer off course but I ended up being pleasantly surprised. I thought it was really written very well and the performances were all excellent. Especially Annette Bening. I can't say enough positive things about her performance. Oscar worthy.

Inception. Read all the hype and saw all 'wow' ads. We saw this just the other night. It was pretty good but I'm not in love with it. Not like anything I've ever seen in a movie before so it was very unique. A little too long though. Like I said, I didn't LOVE it.
Gads! I cannot get this up via search engine on my smart(dumb)phone. Anyway, I wanted to post about The Kids are Alright and Inception. Ezee pretty much says what I felt about the two films. Although, I am going to see Inception again on video when it comes out ... there was a LOT going on in that film, it was long, and my 4 friends that I saw it with left feeling confused by it.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #82
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Jet;154559]
I N C E P T I O N

[/QUOTE

I liked it!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:41 PM   #83
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Thumbs up for the Sorcerer's Apprentice. Just a fun movie with a silly plot. Meant to be summer entertainment and does the job.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #84
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone see Salt yet? I think it looks good.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2010, 12:37 AM   #85
Emmy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Emmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST Reputation

I also liked Inception very much! The dream landscapes were great; it was so much fun to watch them grow, change, dissolve.
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emmy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2010, 12:56 AM   #86
RadiantYearning

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girlie ones ...
Relationship Status:
Damsel, non-distressed, seeks knight in shining armour!

1 Highscore

RadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Anyone see Salt yet? I think it looks good.

I'm going to see Salt tomorrow night, I'll report back with details. I've wanted to see it since I saw the trailer months ago during another movie's previews.
RadiantYearning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RadiantYearning For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2010, 05:36 PM   #87
RadiantYearning

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girlie ones ...
Relationship Status:
Damsel, non-distressed, seeks knight in shining armour!

1 Highscore

RadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST Reputation
Default Yay I finally saw it ...

Gemme ...

Salt was incredible! I really enjoyed it and highly recommend that anyone who likes Angelina Jolie or even just action movies go see it. The movie grabs your attention from the opening scenes and it never lets go. The action and fighting sequences are great, Angelina is hot and the plot is even decent.

Good, fun movie!!
RadiantYearning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadiantYearning For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2010, 06:31 PM   #88
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I've watched The Stepfather, a give or take movie, a few times because it's on my computer. Sela Ward is great in it, there's a lot more to her as an actor than what you see on television.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:44 PM   #89
jenny

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Relationship Status:
inquire within

Thanked 1,594 Times in 579 Posts
jenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputation

The last two movies I saw were Shrek and The Kids are All Right. Loved 'em both!

Now there's a whole bunch of movies coming out that I want to see -- I just have to find the time to do it!

“Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #90
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I went with a friend to the cheap theatre last night and saw Marmaduke ~ cool movie, loved it
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:18 PM   #91
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantYearning View Post
Gemme ...

Salt was incredible! I really enjoyed it and highly recommend that anyone who likes Angelina Jolie or even just action movies go see it. The movie grabs your attention from the opening scenes and it never lets go. The action and fighting sequences are great, Angelina is hot and the plot is even decent.

Good, fun movie!!
Thanks!

I went to the base and saw Grownups tonight. I was pleasantly surprised that the best bits weren't used up in the trailers. It's a good family movie with a lot of laughter.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:41 PM   #92
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I'm watching Cujo for the first time since it came out years ago. The lady and her little boy are stuck in the same piece of shit Pinto like my mom used to drive.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:08 AM   #93
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I loved the original Pirahna. I want to see this new version.

dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:33 AM   #94
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I saw The Last Airbender and absolutely loved it. When I went to Rotten Tomatoes and saw that the critics gave it 6% I knew I would love it. I love myths and elemental stories.

Saw Inception, enjoyed it, but would like to see it again. I thought the ending snuck through enough to give you an idea of the last result. A bit long for me too.

Iron Man 2 - Fun Fun Fun Robert Downey Jr. can read box labels and I would still love him. He was fabu in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang...

Shutter Island - loved it. Loved the ending. Kept me interested the whole time.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.... EXCELLENT. I love a good foreign film.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #95
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Our Family Wedding-played out formula but with actors like America Ferrera, Forest Whitaker, Carlos Mencia and Regina King....it's highly entertaining.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #96
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

We rented The Happening.

It was entertaining, but typical M. Night Shyamalan.
Creepy and lame at the end.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #97
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

I reaaaaally want to see this but unless I decide to drive to Philly this Saturday it looks like I will have to wait to rent it on DVD.

For anyone in the following places you can check it out on the following dates:

Philly Aug 7
Springfield,MO Aug 6-8
Tucson Aug 20-21
Rochester Sept 11-12
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #98
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

My son and I just saw Grown Ups..the comedy with Adam Sandler....extremely funny right up to the end...to us anyway,and we are hard to entertain!
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #99
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Stoked for seeing Inception this weekend...

Also sort of looking forward to "Devil" though like Bent said M. Night Shyamalan has a history of let downs, still it looks like a good premise so I'm totally willing to chance it.

*not above seeing a bad movie*
Metro
The Following User Says Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2010, 02:38 AM   #100
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default Going the Distance

Drew Barrymore has a new movie coming out about long distance relationships. It looks funny and sweet.

Trailer

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: