Old 01-28-2015, 08:02 PM   #2021
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
When The Game Stands Tall

In 2003, high-school football coach Bob Ladouceur (Jim Caviezel) and his De La Salle Spartans have just completed an incredible 151 consecutive victories and 12-straight state championships. While the team's seniors receive offers from colleges all over the country, the advancing juniors look forward to making their mark. However, beloved "Coach Lad" has a brush with calamity, while the Spartans face their most-challenging, most-unpredictable season yet.
Did you like it?

Telling us what you watched is only part of it. I love hearing what everyone thought about the movies they saw.

I liked it. Movies about real life events can go sideways sometimes but I felt it was a good take on it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2015, 08:07 PM   #2022
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Did you like it?

Telling us what you watched is only part of it. I love hearing what everyone thought about the movies they saw.

I liked it. Movies about real life events can go sideways sometimes but I felt it was a good take on it.
Yes I liked it. I just forgot to include my rating on the post lol

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2015, 09:45 PM   #2023
Humanesque

How Do You Identify?:
Human and approachable.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Human
Relationship Status:
Siri answered the question! Eating Shark Soup and laughing to the bank!

Location: Right where I am supposed to be on the Hill in the arms of friends,family my loved ones. California
Humanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST Reputation

Finally found the time to watch Lucy.
Humanesque is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Humanesque For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2015, 11:27 PM   #2024
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Watched a documentary entitled, "50 Italian Men". The film documents the efforts of some Italian diplomats and military members to save the lives of Jewish persons who had sought their protection in Italian occupied areas during WWII. It always moves me deeply to see the personal risks some people will take simply because it is "the right thing to do".
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #2025
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

The Duke of Burgundy

Per Rotten Tomatoes:

Day after day, Cynthia (Sidse Babett Knudsen) and Evelyn (Chiara D'Anna) act out a simple yet provocative ritual that ends with Evelyn's punishment and pleasure. As Cynthia yearns for a more conventional relationship, Evelyn's obsession with erotica quickly becomes an addiction.

Per my GF and I:

It felt very long, heavily stylized, too many art-house type camera shots, brief erotic moments and was confusing at times.

The critics gave it 95%, viewers gave it 77% and we gave it about a 50%.

It is On Demand.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2015, 11:24 PM   #2026
Humanesque

How Do You Identify?:
Human and approachable.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Human
Relationship Status:
Siri answered the question! Eating Shark Soup and laughing to the bank!

Location: Right where I am supposed to be on the Hill in the arms of friends,family my loved ones. California
Humanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST Reputation

Zodiac- From: ThinkFilm- Canada
Humanesque is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Humanesque For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2015, 02:26 AM   #2027
WildHorses

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch/Big Heart/Rough Edge
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, She, Hym, Whatever, it really does not matter but do NOT call me lady!
Relationship Status:
Crazy over Genesis!

Thanked 2,425 Times in 917 Posts
WildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST Reputation

Everly, kind of like a Kill Bill flick. Genesis and I liked it.

An action/thriller centered on a woman who faces down assassins sent by her ex, a mob boss, while holed up in her apartment.

There's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away.

Sarah Kay

WildHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WildHorses For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2015, 07:08 PM   #2028
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

A Most Violent Year

Set during the winter of 1981 -- one of the most crime-ridden of New York City's history -- A MOST VIOLENT YEAR is a drama following the lives of an immigrant and his family as they attempt to capitalize on the American Dream, while the rampant violence, decay, and corruption of the day drag them in and threaten to destroy all they have built.

Overview thanks to Rotten Tomatoes: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_most_violent_year/

Starring Oscar Isaac as Abel Morales, Jessica Chastain as Anna Morales, David Oyelowo as Lawrence and Albert Brooks.

It was a really thoughtful, well-written and excellently acted movie. We both thought it was really good. We had never seen Oscar Isaac before and he was very good as the lead.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2015, 07:47 PM   #2029
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I'm watching The Interview right now On Demand.

It's pretty silly. I like it.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:16 PM   #2030
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

watching Gone Girl
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2015, 05:21 PM   #2031
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Drop

Stars: Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace, & James Gandolfini (his last movie)

Bob Saginowski finds himself at the center of a robbery gone awry and entwined in an investigation that digs deep into the neighborhood's past where friends, families, and foes all work together to make a living - no matter the cost.

It moves very slow, not many surprises either BUT we enjoyed it
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2015, 08:57 PM   #2032
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Last night we watched The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby (2014) Stars: James McAvoy, Jessica Chastain, Viola Davis William Hurt

One couple's story as they try to reclaim the life and love they once knew and pick up the pieces of a past that may be too far gone.

Just didn't care for it. Very sad subject matter and hard to get through.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:08 PM   #2033
satindoll

How Do You Identify?:
Hell on wheels.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married

satindoll Has the BEST Reputationsatindoll Has the BEST Reputationsatindoll Has the BEST Reputationsatindoll Has the BEST Reputationsatindoll Has the BEST Reputationsatindoll Has the BEST Reputationsatindoll Has the BEST Reputationsatindoll Has the BEST Reputationsatindoll Has the BEST Reputationsatindoll Has the BEST Reputationsatindoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Last Movie I Saw

ANNIE 2014, IT WAS AWESOME!
satindoll is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to satindoll For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2015, 05:07 PM   #2034
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thursday night we watched Ida (2013) Stars: Agata Kulesza, Agata Trzebuchowska, Dawid Ogrodnik

Anna, a young novitiate nun in 1960s Poland, is on the verge of taking her vows when she discovers a dark family secret dating back to the years of the Nazi occupation.

We enjoyed this movie. Just a heads up, it's in subtitles. Also believe it's up for an Oscar as Best Foreign Picture.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2015, 09:23 PM   #2035
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

The Equlizer. Loved this movie. Denzel Washington is a bad ass

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2015, 10:35 PM   #2036
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Finding Vivian Maier (2013)

A documentary on the late Vivian Maier, a nanny whose previously unknown cache of 100,000 photographs earned her a posthumous reputation as one of the most accomplished street photographers.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2714900/

Fascinating, very interesting documentary we watched on Showtime.

Worth your time if you have a chance to see it.

~Washington Post

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2015, 10:53 PM   #2037
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Paper Moon from 1973 with Ryan and Tatum O'Neal

I absolutely love this movie!

Albert Einstein
Old 02-08-2015, 12:58 AM   #2038
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

The Mase very weird movie. Mechanical spiders smh

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 03:05 AM   #2039
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

The Calling

About finding a serial killer

Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2015, 07:00 AM   #2040
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
The Mase very weird movie. Mechanical spiders smh
Are you talking about this?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie