Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 12-17-2016, 05:06 PM   #1101
uglyboi

How Do You Identify?:
As the 'The Bourne Identity'
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cheerful pessimist
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,213 Times in 327 Posts
uglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Breathe

5 Year Anniversary
uglyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to uglyboi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2017, 12:26 AM   #1102
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Today, January 5th marks six years since I became a non-smoker. I do not regret it for a minute and still have no desire to ever smoke another cigarette. I feel so blessed to not have cravings or desire to smoke. I never dreamed I would be able to stop smoking, but I quit cold turkey. I honestly feel I can do anything after achieving this!

Congrats to all who have given up the habit, and to all of those in process of doing so! You can do it!

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2017, 12:32 AM   #1103
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tabula Rasa on a Saturday Night in April.

I've been an on and off smoker since I was 29 years of age. What got me started was an major crises on my life, back then (dv). About nine years later, I came down with a bad case of pneumonia, in the middle of a really hot summer back in the late 1990's and was so ill that I quite smoking for about two or three years. Anyway, a few years later, after breaking up with my first butch girlfriend (another major crises), I started casually smoking again, telling myself that it was my coping tool, that smoking cigarettes was less harmful than turning to alcohol or drugs to help me manage the emotional stress I was going through, after breaking up with hir. So, I was talking with my al-anon sponsor tonight and told her that I have to find a better way to deal with stressors in my life in more rational way and treat my reliance on smoking as not a coping tool but what it really is, a self harming behavior.

So about ten minutes ago, I interrupted my smoking habit. And I will keep disrupting and/or interrupting my habit until it becomes second nature to be smoke free.

I don't want to be a smoker anymore.

I am going to live the next two decades of my life, smoke free.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2017, 11:46 PM   #1104
uglyboi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cheerful pessimist
Relationship Status:
Married

uglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hello No

6 Years & 2 Weeks! Yip!!~
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to uglyboi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2018, 12:02 AM   #1105
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

2 yrs and 9 months (cold turkey)

Congrats!!
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2018, 12:10 AM   #1106
EnchantedNightDweller

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her, she
Relationship Status:
Being single is a good thing and I like it.

Thanked 2,462 Times in 803 Posts
EnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST Reputation

Been 5 months this time. Went 2 years before. Someone told me to just go smoke and drink today!
I'm not gonna do it.
EnchantedNightDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to EnchantedNightDweller For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2018, 12:44 AM   #1107
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedNightDweller View Post
Been 5 months this time. Went 2 years before. Someone told me to just go smoke and drink today!
I'm not gonna do it.
Why let someone else's pressure encourage you to give up something you value? Been tobacco free for 3 months, myself.

Also clean for 1 yr 9mos.
Sober 8 yrs.

We can do it one day at a time.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2018, 12:39 PM   #1108
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedNightDweller View Post
I'm not gonna do it.
GOOD for you, hang in there...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2018, 10:52 PM   #1109
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Kudos and more kudos and even more kudos to all who are trying to quit ... or who have quit .... or are quitting everyday! For many it's a daily struggle! My pops smoked for 40+ years, couldn't quit. My brother has finally quit after 35+ years! Know that we're rootin' for ya!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 07:35 PM   #1110
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I just realized today is the 7th year anniversary of the day I become a non-smoker... cold turkey at that. It is one of the best choices I have made in my entire life. I never looked book, and just kept telling myself, "I don't smoke."

If you have quit, congratulations! You made a great choice and you deserve to be proud of yourself! Cheers!

If you are trying to quit, please know you can do this. One of the major things that helped me to quit other than just putting them down and never lighting another one, was to change my thinking with regards to smoking.

You can quit without all of the cravings and mood swings, by making a plan, telling yourself truthful positive things, and alter any routines you have now that involve smoking. For instance if you generally light up after a meal, plan ahead to do something different for that 10 minutes. Brush your teeth, if you feel a craving coming on, and drink water. Also know that cravings only last for a couple of minutes before vanishing. Best wishes!
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 08:01 PM   #1111
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

my mom quit a couple of years ago after 62 years of smoking

You can do it!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2018, 12:25 PM   #1112
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I think I am on my 6th or 7th anniversary of my last ciggie so if you are trying to quit, just know that it CAN be done.

I was a smoker off and on for about 15 years and had quit a couple of other times but finally had that "Yeah, this is nasty" moment and quit for good.

I don't miss smelling like smoke all the time or worrying if I needed another mint before kissing someone and I sure the fuck don't miss the expense. I come from a long family history of smokers and many of them still do so there has been a bit of adjustment around the social aspect during the holidays but it's so worth it.

I can't recommend a decent method. I didn't do patches or gum or anything. I vaped for awhile on 0 nicotine vapes but that kinda made me feel gross too so I stopped even doing that.

Good luck to all who are trying to quit and CONGRATS to those who have!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2018, 01:08 AM   #1113
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

If you want to quit, just do it! You know you can. Think of something very difficult that you just put your shoulders back, chest out, straightened your hat, and stood tall with head up, bucked up and did.

Just be determined you can kick ass!

I quit alcohol then heroin then tobacco all the same way (cold turkey) so if you want it, you can get it.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2018, 09:49 PM   #1114
Stronghealer

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

Stronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST Reputation
Post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over 1 year cigarette free!
“We have not always been forced to pass, to go underground, in order to work and live. We have a right to live openly and proudly...when our lives are suppressed, everyone is denied an understanding of the rich diversity of sex and gender expression and experience that exist in human society.”
― Leslie Feinberg, Transgender Warriors
Stronghealer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stronghealer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2019, 09:15 PM   #1115
Stronghealer

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

Stronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST Reputation
Smile TWO

----------------2 YEARS FREE----------------

“We have not always been forced to pass, to go underground, in order to work and live. We have a right to live openly and proudly...when our lives are suppressed, everyone is denied an understanding of the rich diversity of sex and gender expression and experience that exist in human society.”
― Leslie Feinberg, Transgender Warriors
Stronghealer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stronghealer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2019, 01:02 PM   #1116
firecat242

How Do You Identify?:
Woman first...anything after that is on a need to know basis.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I am in a committed relationship with myself.

firecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputation

25 years smoke free. My kudos and support to anyone fighting this addiction! To all who are trying....please please stay strong and keep going....it is so worth the effort and struggle.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:53 PM   #1117
uglyboi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cheerful pessimist
Relationship Status:
Married

Default 7 & 6

I am positive that I have not inhaled a cigarette or any other form of inhalants in 7 years and 6 months. *HONK* Feel good and won't touch one ever!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to uglyboi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2019, 08:13 PM   #1118
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats to everyone here..

In sept 2017 i got real sick , i layed down the cigarettes and got the patch, in dec 2017 i had a hiccup , i did not smoke a single cigarette in 2018...amd none this far in 2019...i finally feel like a non smoker.

Although i wore the pstch for well over a year and was prepared for another year in feb of 2019 i kept forgetting to put one one so i decided to try a day without one....

Im fucking proud.

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2019, 07:12 AM   #1119
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Hi folks! Thought the following info from SciShow might be of interest to anyone considering using vaping to help give up on smoking - it may be a bad idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVSuPxr5-ZY
Old 09-14-2019, 08:02 AM   #1120
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default SMOKERS

Nothing to drink for 7 years and no smoking for almost 3. Cold turkey on both. You just have to be ready yourself and be strong.
Stone-Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post: