Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-12-2018, 01:31 PM   #6761
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I personally like a flat five. Although if I’m sending something heavy or something extra I try to enclose a little more. I figure it all kind of evens out since usually most of us main players take turns wrangling.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2018, 02:56 PM   #6762
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Please keep in mind that I've only wrangled once as you read the following. Meaning, I have a very limited frame of reference.

You make a good point regarding the cost of postage. The "cost" of wrangling is postage but also the cost of packaging, if new packaging is needed. And of course, the size of packaging also impacts postage. I was anticipating eight pieces measuring about 2" x 2" x 1/4 - 1/2" each. Three of the pieces were quite a bit larger than anticipated. One of those larger pieces turned out to be mine... so I'm not complaining! lol SMH

If we could agree to final products that are no larger than A x B x C ... then cost (and process) should be less (and easier) for everyone.

Also... or alternatively ... we could agree to a specific shipping container size ... and .... each participant could mail their crafts in a reusable container. If we could standardize a couple of things ... it should be a lot easier for everyone ... particularly the wrangler! The wrangler would then just need to resort the crafts in the boxes received, relabel, and ship everything back out in the same containers! Damn near turnkey!

Hope that makes sense... I may have been was in shipping/logistics too long!

PS / EDIT ... if ever I wrangle again ... I'm buying one of these below. In that past I just used a box cutter ... this thing makes it look so much easier!

Just watch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
I just want to put this out there......I know we have agreed to send $5 for the projects for return packages, but I know from first hand experience, sometimes these cost a bit more than that $5.

This last project came at a cost of $7.45 for my box...not sure what the ones out of country will cost...but I wonder if maybe we shouldn't revisit that fee..maybe a couple more $.....just a thought....don't shoot me please...
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2018, 06:24 PM   #6763
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Twinchies!!!!! This project surpassed any expectations I could have had. Everyone went all out. There are a few where I am unsure of the artist. But I will try to suss that out later.

As we're talking about potential issues, could everyone please remember to clearly mark your pieces so we can give credit to your amazing art!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2018, 07:12 PM   #6764
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

The twinchies were sooooooo great!!! OMG, they really were fantastic! Thanks, everyone, and Lyte for a great job wrangling!

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2018, 07:23 PM   #6765
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

In case others are wondering, I'd say FSF's was the calligraphy type style wrapped in perhaps a monkey, unless I'm going nuts! I loved those twinchies!

Remember, folks, if you don't want to sign right on your art, you can always sign in an outer envelope or wrapping. we want to give you credit for your awesome work!

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #6766
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

You know what we have to do again sometime soon? Matchboxes! OMG, those are always a big hit!

*Just thinking out loud*

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2018, 08:02 PM   #6767
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,832 Times in 1,064 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
You know what we have to do again sometime soon? Matchboxes! OMG, those are always a big hit!

*Just thinking out loud*
YES! Let's do it next!
Theme?

I agree with Clay, we don't want the wrangler to have to come up with a lot of extra money, I had the exact same thought when I got my package to day and saw that Lyte had to spend $2.45 more than I gave.

Seem most people are getting them today, so I want to make a few comments on them!

Besame, I love the color you used, and 4 twinchies, you really worked hard on this one, so cute too!

CCB, I love the key and the heart on mine...done in your truly unique fashion like your jewelry...great job!

Gemme, I like all the different textures!

Breathless, so pretty... I love pink!

nycfem, adorbs! You know I'm a kitty lover! And the "family" charm,
so awesome!

FSF, Beautiful work and so sweetly wrapped!

Clay, Nice job...and I like what you wrote on the back...and the extra embossed butterflies...very cool...what kind of machine is it that you have to make those?
nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2018, 09:46 PM   #6768
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
YES! Let's do it next!
Theme?

snipped convo
Clay, Nice job...and I like what you wrote on the back...and the extra embossed butterflies...very cool...what kind of machine is it that you have to make those?
hey nanners...thanks....I used the Sizzix Embosser machine..it is wicked cool. You can buy a LOT of different plates to do them BUT I only have that one ATM...

Thanks for your twinchie...I liked the colors of that heart! Great job!!
Old 02-12-2018, 09:46 PM   #6769
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Oops.

I forgot one....LYTE! Your twinchie project was simply amazing! I loved the box, and every little thing that went into the twinchie...so sweet.

And I think you did an amazing job as a wrangler.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2018, 09:51 PM   #6770
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

*Just thinking out loud*
You read my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
Oops.

I forgot one....LYTE! Your twinchie project was simply amazing! I loved the box, and every little thing that went into the twinchie...so sweet.

And I think you did an amazing job as a wrangler.
Yes, Lyte, thank you for being such a great Wrangler!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2018, 09:54 PM   #6771
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am up for a matchbox project.....bring it on!

Old 02-12-2018, 10:11 PM   #6772
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I too am up for the match box project Excited even !
Old 02-12-2018, 10:26 PM   #6773
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Little matchboxes, big matchboxes, matchbox shrines, filled matchboxes....gears are turning.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 12:05 AM   #6774
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,513 Times in 3,156 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
In case others are wondering, I'd say FSF's was the calligraphy type style wrapped in perhaps a monkey, unless I'm going nuts! I loved those twinchies!

Remember, folks, if you don't want to sign right on your art, you can always sign in an outer envelope or wrapping. we want to give you credit for your awesome work!
Yes mine were wrapped in white paper bags with monkey stickers on them and inside the twinchies were wrapped in a paper heart shaped doily to help somewhat protect the pieces.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 06:17 AM   #6775
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post

I just want to put this out there......I know we have agreed to send $5 for the projects for return packages, but I know from first hand experience, sometimes these cost a bit more than that $5.

This last project came at a cost of $7.45 for my box...not sure what the ones out of country will cost...but I wonder if maybe we shouldn't revisit that fee..maybe a couple more $.....just a thought....don't shoot me please...
This is a good idea. The post office raised shipping rates on January 20th. The small 'if it fits, it ships' boxes used to be $5 and change. The one I sent out to Lyte was $7.20. That's for a small box.

Times are a'changin', folks. We need to keep current mailing costs in mind and choose a cost that's in line with what we are sending. Also, if we send something outside the size parameters, then we need to include enough additional money to account for having to send more expensive packages to all of the participants. Wranglers should not have to dip into personal funds to send stuff out to us. I've had to do it multiple times when enough money wasn't sent or when people never sent any money at all. It's frustrating and why I haven't pushed to wrangle a round lately.

Quote:

*Just thinking out loud*
Matchboxes were fun.

I received my package yesterday and was sooo happy. Everyone did exceptional work. I was very excited to dig into my package and see all the goodies sent.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 07:30 AM   #6776
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Should we up it to 7 as a new policy to accommodate rising costs?

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 07:37 AM   #6777
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

I was actually thinking $8 so we could use the small flat rate boxes that are priority mail and can be tracked as well.
Quote:
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 07:40 AM   #6778
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I usually use priority envelopes, which I guess is the same difference.

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 09:01 AM   #6779
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I totally agree, and am on board with the $8.

I agree with Gemme, sometimes it does get more costly if a project (s) is outside parameters. I will be sending Lyte a couple extra dollars, too!

Matchboxes...in all shapes, sizes, & colors...whoohoo....
Old 02-13-2018, 03:18 PM   #6780
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks y'all for your kind words re: my twinchie. I am glad y'all liked them. I did not set out to make anything so elaborate! I crafted my arse into a corner when I added the "flowers." How do I ship it in such a way that the flowers don't get crushed? Great... now my crafty bit needs a crafty carrier! lol SMH Which... I hear didn't fully do it's job and at least one of you has received a tripod moose.

So... apparently... there was another screw up by yours truly ... everyone should have one cute lil wrapped package with a monkey on it! I've just learned that a group member received two of them. Please let me know if your package is minus one and I will remedy the issue. Sorry and thanks!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types