Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feel about snow?
I love it! 94 63.51%
I hate it! 49 33.11%
I have never seen snow and have no opinion. 5 3.38%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation
Default Snow: The Fluffy Stuff

Oh, what an appropriate forum in which I can implement my poll. . .

Snow: do you love it, or do you hate it?*

*If you find that your frosty feelings are not as strong as love or hate, please chose the answer that is closest to your opinion.
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:36 AM   #2
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenay View Post
Oh, what an appropriate forum in which I can implement my poll. . .

Snow: do you love it, or do you hate it?

Neither - LOL

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:40 AM   #3
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

It's a love hate relationship. Love to see it come down and shimmer at night, hate to shovel it during the day, and before Ami gets home.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 01:50 AM   #4
QueenofQueens
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Seerauber, Centaurita Bonita, QoQonut, Volupté Suprême
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lux, Ms. Lisbon if you're nasty.
Relationship Status:
Left of Centaur and blissfully betrothed.

QueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST Reputation

I hate it. I just saw some far away on the mountaintops this morning after not seeing it for five whole years. I nearly went into anaphylactic shock. At least it wasn't trying to get on me or throw my car off the road, though.

QueenofQueens is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenofQueens For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 03:02 AM   #5
Unndunn

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
doesn't matter to me
Relationship Status:
single

Unndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST Reputation

I voted that I love it, but if you do the poll again in Feb. I'm sure I would answer that I hated it. It's still new and fresh for me this winter.
Unndunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Unndunn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 03:07 AM   #6
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I love snow. I love playing in it and making snow angels and snow people and looking at it fall gently to the ground. I don't even mind driving in it.

However, after the first two or three days of shoveling walkways and scraping my car, I am DONE.

So, it's a love-ish relationship.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 06:22 AM   #7
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I do love snow, and I don't even mind shoveling it - but I do get tired of it if it snows too much.
It just gets stale.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 06:34 AM   #8
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I like snow. I love being inside and watching it fall. I love snuggling under a blanket with coffee and a movie (or loved one) on a snowy morning. I love playing in it with my son and the dogs.....but I HATE shoveling it, digging out my car, having to go to work in it, etc.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #9
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

I love it more than I hate it. It's beautiful and when it's actually snowing, it tends to be warmer.

I like having the four seasons. But, I do miss the more temperate climate of Pennsylvania, where winter lasted three months, and then it was on to spring. Up here, near the North Pole, winter lasts for five or six months, it seems.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #10
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss to you... for hym...
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

hottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputation

I love snow. I love the sound it makes when it hits the ground, I love the taste of it, the smell of snow in the air, and even driving in it when it is coming at you and it looks like you are at warp speed (my nerdy side showing). I don't even mind shoveling it or scrapping off cars (as long as it is not going to make me late).

However, I really dis-like when people plow you in, and the two days later after math of slush that freezes...

Smiles
hottprof is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hottprof For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #11
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch. Over all, I identify by living my life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Thanked 1,238 Times in 357 Posts
Ryobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST Reputation

I voted that I love it. By the end of to day though, I won't like it much for a day of two. I have 2 driveways and 200 feet of sidewalk to clear.

We got 14 inches over night and it's still coming down. I have 5 foot drifts in the driveway. It's wet and heavy snow. My first project this morning was to take a broom and knock the snow off the cedars that were bent over, ready to break. I only lost one big branch. Those cedars are special to me. They're about 30 feet tall and I've been shaping them for 20 years now. They're plant children!

Enjoy the snow, it's only just begun.
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryobi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 10:54 AM   #12
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I love the snow.....
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #13
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I love snow. everything looks so beautiful!
driving in snow I don't like so much

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #14
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch. Over all, I identify by living my life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Thanked 1,238 Times in 357 Posts
Ryobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I love the snow.....
Wanna help me? You can run the snow blower.
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #15
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Ugh. I detest snow.

I'm a Southern boy, born and raised, but I've lived in the Midwest (Southeast Iowa/Mississippi River area) and also spent 5 years living on the coast of Maine and I just deplore the snow and ice. The ice is worse than the snow, actually, but both make getting around difficult and messy. When "The Blizzard of '93" hit New England, I was there. I spent over 2 years making the 35 mile (each way) commute to/from college in Portland, from Brunswick, and it sucked. I had the worst cases of flu I've ever had when I lived in "the icebox" that is Maine. Of course, I was going to school for Respiratory Therapy, so I was being exposed to every kind of disease and infection there is, so it's not a surprise that I was sick as all hell each of the 4 winters I spent there.

I detest snow and ice. In fact, I talked to Mother this morning, who lives in Illinois, and she's snowed in today from last night's snow storm/blizzard. Her doors are all frozen shut and my sister is having to go over there and thaw them out with a hair dryer. Ugh. I hate snow/ice. Poor Mother.

~Theo~
theoddz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #16
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

I love snow. I haven't lived in it for 30 years, but I still love it. I will not shovel it, though. If it snows, that shit's gonna stay right where it is until someone else moves it.
MsDemeanor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsDemeanor For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 03:24 PM   #17
Softhearted

How Do You Identify?:
---
Preferred Pronoun?:
----
Relationship Status:
---

Softhearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST Reputation

I LOVE SNOW!!!!! I'm a winter person
Softhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #18
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

You mean that fluffy stuff that's piling up outside my door as we speak?
Old 12-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #19
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

I love snow and I wish Texas had it more, well the southern parts of Texas I should say!!!
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #20
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Growing up in Chicago and living there most of my life, I deplore the snow for so many reasons. Shoveling a long driveway and having to drive in it on any road or express way there during rush hour really sucks. However, looking at it after it first falls is a beautiful sight. Now that I live in Oklahoma, all I've ever seen for the past couple of years is a slight dusting on the ground that's usually gone by noon. I am not fond of ice storms either, so it's a toss up living here or there.
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post: