CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 6,430 Times in 1,052 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Cheryl, has that affected you at all or no (since I know you are careful)? Just curious.
Well, I'm ummm... not always that careful. I've had a dangerous exposure to urethane casting resin once many years ago, and then a near miss with a similar product since then. I'm fine now, but I'm not allowed to use that product, or anything like it again. I don't think I've had any ill effects from the massive amount of styrofoam I carve, but I've been kind of forgetful lately, and... what was the question?
Old 09-14-2018, 05:48 AM   #22
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch lesbian who enjoys femme lesbians
Preferred Pronoun?:
Call me Ace
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 9,826 Times in 1,310 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

We have some very interesting and talented people here.

My resume includes playing semi professional tennis and golf, both post University. Taught when my past due date came up. (that rascally wrist injury!) Spent some years working side by side (as a civilian) with the elite "Red Horse" military team traveling around the country building bridges, digging tunnels and other fun stuff.

I have attempted to get my private pilots license no less than 3 times. Now that I am older, thinking about another attempt soon.

Upon my retirement, my plan is to volunteer to assist homeless women and homeless critters in Florida with my gorgeous bride sipping adult beverages around the pool in the evenings. Bliss.
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2018, 12:29 PM   #23
MaddieRobbie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Free

MaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST Reputation
Default A Living?

I sell high end wines to high end buyers...most of the time. I also host wine tastings, tend bar at the odd wedding/event, and occasionally put on a cocktail dress to populate various industry events like conventions and car shows.

It's a living and every now and again I get to travel to interesting places.
MaddieRobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MaddieRobbie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2018, 01:31 PM   #24
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Not looking, thanks.

nina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputation

I'm kind of a Jane of all trades. When I was younger, I managed a bead store, then moved on to apprentice with a jeweler.
After that, I managed an office supply store for several years.
Next I worked as a seamstress for a long time. I worked as a personal chef during that time, too, making meals for clients in their homes. (I'm totally a self-taught cook, so no formal training for that.)
After that, I taught art classes in an after school program in the public schools, and then moved into teaching pre-school. At that point, I got really sick and had to stop teaching. I went to school, and also worked from home as a personal assistant in a company that planned wedding proposals. Basically, whatever crazy thing the client wanted, I found. I booked showgirls, mariachi bands, and elephants, all for people's strange vision of their perfect proposal. During that time, I also worked as a personal assistant to the director of a math camp for girls.
After that, I stopped working to go to law school. Now I'm done with school, and trying to find a job in my field. I would like to do family law, elder law, landlord-tenant law, or trusts and estates (wills). Keep your fingers crossed I find something soon! I'm a bit nervous about being so much older than most of the people I'm competing with for jobs, so I hope that my age and experience count in my favor, rather than counting against me.
nina03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2018, 02:42 PM   #25
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
this is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,614 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

I was a land pilot for over 25 years and now I am lovingly called the ELD guru, or azz hat when drivers are mad i wont do what they want me to do

My official title is Safety Administrator for the parent company I worked for over 4 years. I get to work for home so some call me a slacker for my commute
Old 09-14-2018, 03:11 PM   #26
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
single

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
Yes, I've used Fimo and Sculpey for some of our projects. I haven't tried the dryer lint trick. Thanks for the tip. Are you making cliffs for model trains?

If you use Fimo and its ilk I hope you have a dedicated toaster oven for baking your projects. That stuff is super toxic and it's terrible to cook it in the oven you use for your food. I sometimes cook my projects with a heat gun and work outside when I'm using those polymer clays. One of the drawbacks to my job is that so many of the materials we use regularly are shockingly toxic.
++
No, I don't make little cliffs, but I did laugh at the idea, so thanks!
I collect gem stones, and I'd love to put some giant specimens in the long planters in front of my house, but I fear someone might make off with them. So I use Fimo, Sculpy, Kato, Primo and Pardo to replicate mostly opaque rocks, like turquoise, malachite, amethyst, rose quartz, citrine, tiger eye, fool's gold, hematite, copper, and snowflake obsidian.
Pardo makes nice translucent, mica and other clays that help with replicating quartz or filling veins with shiny stuff.
The rocks I use are either smooth, oval pond rocks, around 2-3 pounds each, or I use large, craggy rocks. First I base paint the craggy rock gold, silver or copper, then cover with clay, letting the metallics peak out. Then I seal them with clear acrylic so the garden soil and water don't mess them up.
On really hot days, I just bake my clay on the dashboard of my car, and park it in the sun. I swear, I could bake a turkey on that dashboard in the summer. Maybe a chicken in early fall.
Thank you for the tips on toxicity; I'll keep them in mind.
I don't use my oven much, but it's self cleaning and I blast it several times a year. So far so good.
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2018, 03:24 PM   #27
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 17,623 Times in 3,869 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

People have done some interesting things. I am not working now. I am waiting to have my second knee replacement in two years. Oh well. I really can't work if I can't walk. Not in my opinion.

I am a high school Special Ed teacher. I usually teach Math as well. In California, I am credentialed in special ed and in autism. I am highly qualified in English and a few other things, but in CA, you can't teach General Ed unless you have a Gen Ed credential. That's weird because our Special Ed programs contain all the coursework gen ed programs do plus about a year more.

In Florida, I am credentialed in ESE (special Ed), autism, English, and Middle School math. So I could teach general ed English or math here as well as Special Ed. Different states, different laws.

The new federal law makes being highly qualified obsolete everywhere, I gather. I love how they force you to take classes and exams and then later, they don't matter. No refunds either.

I miss teaching, but I don't miss the bullshit from administration. I am so happy to see teachers walking out in the states where they have been treated the worst.

Anyway, I'll go back next year, in California. I need a few more years contributing to my pension before I retire. I am going to try to find an interesting job in an alternative setting located someplace sorta rural that is not the Central Valley. Those are my criteria. Should be doable.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:16 PM   #28
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
single

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieRobbie View Post
I sell high end wines to high end buyers...most of the time. I also host wine tastings, tend bar at the odd wedding/event, and occasionally put on a cocktail dress to populate various industry events like conventions and car shows.

Please send me a free sample case of Chassagne Montrachet, or Puligny Montrachet is fine, too. Let me know if you need money for shipping--cases are heavy. Thanks!
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2018, 05:54 PM   #29
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 4,023 Times in 1,189 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

That sounds like a interesting job. Do you have any favies? Or is it like working at an ice cream shop and after a while it's all a lil … meh!

I had to give up wine years ago... sulfates/nitrates … led to some wicked headaches. Recently I tried a few "organic" wines … those were a lil … meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieRobbie View Post

The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post: