Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #41
sara-bera

How Do You Identify?:
female

Thanked 2,859 Times in 739 Posts
sara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
I must admit, my grandmother is notorious for the jello "whathehellisthat" dishes. There's usually a variety of it not only on the holidays but for every Sunday dinner as well. (Which is probably another reason I quit going to Sunday dinner.) Especially cauliflower. She has a thing for cauliflower.

They do look very festive, don't they?
sara-bera is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sara-bera For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #42
Inked_Trinity

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BadAss! / Sarcastic Bastard!

Thanked 6,924 Times in 1,817 Posts
Inked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST Reputation

Just so you know...... you all are killin me with the Jello nasty!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #43
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
OMG.

We had as Thanksgiving potluck today at work.

My girls (there are a total of 5 of us) and I went to the room early so that we could scope out who brought what because there are some people who's food we will not touch.

Well, all 5 of us had a very strong reaction when someone who has often raved loudly about her own cooking brought in a curious looking dish.

It was a gloppy crust-covered thing that red jellied stuff had boiled up out of and we could see differently colored chunks inside of it.

What was it, you ask? It was "sweet and sour deer pot pie".

SWEET. AND. SOUR. DEER. POT. PIE.

It had grayish chunks of deer meat floating in potatoes, marachino cherries, barbeque sauce, celery, apples, and some other horrid looking shit under a dome of flattened biscuits.

The smell of it was like the trash can at the fair when it's 100 degrees outside.

Who the FUCK would eat that?
OMG, I am laughing so hard I am crying.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #44
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
OMG.

My girls (there are a total of 5 of us) and I went to the room early so that we could scope out who brought what because there are some people who's food we will not touch.

Well, all 5 of us had a very strong reaction when someone who has often raved loudly about her own cooking brought in a curious looking dish.

It was a gloppy crust-covered thing that red jellied stuff had boiled up out of and we could see differently colored chunks inside of it.

It had grayish chunks of deer meat floating in potatoes, marachino cherries, barbeque sauce, celery, apples, and some other horrid looking shit under a dome of flattened biscuits.

The smell of it was like the trash can at the fair when it's 100 degrees outside.

Damn! I'm southern as fuck and even I wouldn't eat that. :ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww:

dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 08:23 PM   #45
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
OMG.

GAG.......
Old 11-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #46
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post

I'm "throwing" this down next time GT comes to visit. I don't know what it is, but I think I can recreate it.

Green Stuff = Lime J-ello, mini marshmallows melted into it, crushed pineapple, maraschino cherries, cottage cheese and cool-whip.

It is delicious.

After that photo, I have to post this link. Enjoy the recipe cards, and if you make any of the dishes... um, don't tell me.

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html
Old 11-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #47
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post

A lot of folks do that here, too! Ugh, keep the oysters outta my dressing!
*reminds myself to keep some Stove Top in the cabinet just in case*
My daughter's ex-husband's family always had oyster stuffing each year, they swore by it. (me, I would just swear!) That, and oyster stew for Christmas Eve. Yuk.
So here I am, for the first time in 15 yrs, being able to cook for my family for Thanksgiving. I have to say I make some of the BEST dressing in the world. My daughter told me that SHE would be making her oyster stuffing again, I told her fine, as long as I made MY stuffing too! She also wants to almost arm wrestle for the right to make our family's traditional cheesy corn casserole. I think I will let her, knowing she wouldn't have known how to make it if it were not for ME teaching her so many years ago! LOL
Bottom line is, Thanksgiving will be at MY place this year!
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #48
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
OMG.

hahahahah ROFL omg that's too freakin funny.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:13 PM   #49
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post

I'm "throwing" this down next time GT comes to visit. I don't know what it is, but I think I can recreate it.

Green Stuff = Lime J-ello, mini marshmallows melted into it, crushed pineapple, maraschino cherries, cottage cheese and cool-whip.

It is delicious.
hahahaha It kinda looks like the bottom of my boots after I get home from work. It looks like spearmint leaves (probably to mask the terrible odor) and dead cockroaches with some real stiff white rice and some very old pepperoni, with dryed orange peels.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:26 PM   #50
Sparx1_1
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Bullied and silenced
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Timed-out - Deliberate abuse of site resources in public user notes and profile.

Sparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST Reputation

Before there was Jello there was Aspic which for those who do not want to click the link it's congealed meat stock.... yummmm.
I've had all the kinds of jello mentioned here... they're really not that bad. The cottage cheese one is one of my favourites.

Aspic with rice, corn and vegetables.
Sparx1_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sparx1_1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #51
BoDy*ShOt

How Do You Identify?:
Queer. Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl ones

Thanked 2,096 Times in 532 Posts
BoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST Reputation

the ex-mil's dressing and gravy. sooooo super gross with the innards nasties and sliced boiled eggs. I mean. gravy is not meant to be chunky...i gag at the thought of it *bleck*
Old 11-18-2011, 06:02 AM   #52
sara-bera

How Do You Identify?:
female

sara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx1_1 View Post
Before there was Jello there was Aspic which for those who do not want to click the link it's congealed meat stock.... yummmm.
I've had all the kinds of jello mentioned here... they're really not that bad. The cottage cheese one is one of my favourites.

Aspic with rice, corn and vegetables.
What I would like to know is who was the first person who thought this up? Who decided that would be a good idea?

Perhaps, to someone, it tastes good, but still... who thought it up?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sara-bera For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2011, 07:33 AM   #53
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaSink View Post
What I would like to know is who was the first person who thought this up? Who decided that would be a good idea?

someone with no more meat left for the family so they came up with what to do with the rime of stock they had in the pan.

I'd know--we eat gizzards at thanksgiving.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:58 AM   #54
Daktari

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspic
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2011, 08:06 AM   #55
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

For years, my dear Pop thought that giving his friends these little hard bricks of dry, chewy, sticky, cubed, candied, plastic-tasting so-called "fruitcake" was a really good idea. They're made in Claxton, Georgia, and have been around for something like 100 years. How this has happened, I have no idea. Apparently, there are some people who actually *like* these things. They'd make great door stoppers.

Me?? I'd only give them to someone whom I really, really didn't like.

I think this stuff would survive years and years of re-gifting. The shelf life of them has to be at least 25 years. They probably stock them in fallout shelters.

~Theo~
Old 11-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #56
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaSink View Post

Necessity is the mother of invention. So my guess is some who was real hungry in the middle of an old mother hubbard moment. I wonder the same thing about a lot of foods we eat. Like crab. I love crabs but have you ever seen one walking along? The guy that said hey , look at that, doesn't that look good ,let's eat it,had to be pretty dang hungry.
Not to bump the thread or anything.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:00 AM   #57
sara-bera

How Do You Identify?:
female

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
someone with no more meat left for the family so they came up with what to do with the rime of stock they had in the pan.

I'd know--we eat gizzards at thanksgiving.
Gizzards aren't really a stretch. Aspic is pretty darn... creative.
The Following User Says Thank You to sara-bera For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #58
ReDo

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her
Relationship Status:
I am the treat to your trick

ReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST Reputation

Oh my gosh I have been nasious feeling for about 3 weeks now. The smell of food makes me sick then eating food makes me sick. i didn't think that looking at pictures of food could make me sick until now. OMG these dishes are NASTY what is wrong with people.

I have to say the description of the deer and cheries. OMG almost had me grabing the trash can on that. Lordy I never knew. Then the picture of the Aspic dish.. Ummm maybe this thread isn't for me. Wowzers

Last night laying in bed Panama and I were talking about thanksgiving dinner and what we want to do. Hys family tradition is to go to Golden Corral which the food there is okay not the best but not the worst however my family always had the big family gathering at someone's house everyone brought something.

So we are going to Golden Corral which hy knows I am not too excited about but it will be nice spending time with hys mom and her friend and try something new. Then the idea poped in hys handsome head to do both. We can have a small turkey and everything here and go there. OH MY GOSH.... okay I love to bake and I love to cook the turkey, and I love hym for thinking of me and trying to make sure I am happy too.

Then the idea that hy had was to make hys grandmother's side dish. Oh its jello again....

lemon jello with shredded carrots and celery.

I looked at hym and said "maybe we just go out to dinner."

I kissed hym sweetly and went to sleep before more idea's could come up.

I love you Pan I really do but veggies do NOT belong in desserts.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #59
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

I'm a-tellin' ya, 7-up can save that.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #60
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
multi-faceted gem, femme, submissive babygirl if the chemistry is there.
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

Thanked 2,498 Times in 655 Posts
msW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST Reputation

A lady who knows the ropes..will never be bound. ~Mae West
msW8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to msW8ing For This Useful Post: