Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
But Ciaran, dear, you made no mention of an attractive lady in your scenario. You spoke of one not particularly attractive but whom you'd snog, tightly-lidded, were she a willing taker of your sweaty vests, stiff socks and skid-marked knickers. (I did indeed take a liberty there!)
Ah, the first scenario was essentially an example of my practical approach to all things. Whilst I'm a natural romantic at heart, I'm also practical so, until my dream woman who combines sexual allure with high domestic skills, I'm prepared to compromise around the edges i.e. a woman with sexual allure (in which case, I'll order take-away food and go to launderette) or a domestic queen, in which case I'll just lie back and think of England or, in my case, Ireland.

Quote:
And, I have found it best to ask for exactly what I want in prayer.
Good thing is that even when you get results you may not have been expecting on the first try, simply try, try again. Seems as though someone up there has quite the sense of humor.
~Bleu
I've just prayed again

I've asked God to grant me the ability to take a woman to heights she's never previously experienced. I was confident God would answer my prayers and he already has. Alas, it's that I've remembered that I'm bringing a friend to Mount Lyell in Yosemite later in the year
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #962
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
Ah, the first scenario was essentially an example of my practical approach to all things. Whilst I'm a natural romantic at heart, I'm also practical so, until my dream woman who combines sexual allure with high domestic skills, I'm prepared to compromise around the edges i.e. a woman with sexual allure (in which case, I'll order take-away food and go to launderette) or a domestic queen, in which case I'll just lie back and think of England or, in my case, Ireland.

I've just prayed again

I've asked God to grant me the ability to take a woman to heights she's never previously experienced. I was confident God would answer my prayers and he already has. Alas, it's that I've remembered that I'm bringing a friend to Mount Lyell in Yosemite later in the year
But is the friend a celestial domestic being sublimely combining skill, poise and prowess? I suppose being on an adventure at Yosemite, her domestic talents might matter not, more on the lines of hunting and gathering, fire pit skills and wound care. And certainly the 13,000 ft that Mt. Lyell boasts might certainly be a new height...unless she's a sherpa. (Sherpas often have such baggage.) LOL!If so, you may have to work a little harder.

Just remember the air thins out quite a bit at the elevation.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq9dDlxeRLc"]U2 - Elevation - YouTube[/nomedia]

~Bleu

Have a fun trip!

ps: I'll pray again too, for good measure.
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #963
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

No, I don't have a crush on anyone here—and I would admit it, even though I live with someone. I do of course have my many "femme crushes," and I feel like I'm starting to have friendships here, or some cyber equivalent to what a friendship can be.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #964
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
But is the friend a celestial domestic being sublimely combining skill, poise and prowess? I suppose being on an adventure at Yosemite, her domestic talents might matter not, more on the lines of hunting and gathering, fire pit skills and wound care. And certainly the 13,000 ft that Mt. Lyell boasts might certainly be a new height...unless she's a sherpa. (Sherpas often have such baggage.) LOL!If so, you may have to work a little harder.

Just remember the air thins out quite a bit at the elevation.
Um. You've given me quite a lot to consider. Two things in particular. The first is what I'm looking for in a femme. Until now, I was under the impression that it was just sex appeal and highly skilled domestic abilities. Unfortunately, I now realise that I also need someone who can do the manual work and, importantly, protect me from bugs and insects and such like. For example, as a metrosexual, I cannot risk damaging my nails by helping to erect a tent or to carrying heavy loads. No way.

My ideal femme will hopefully do all of that stuff .... I don't believe in rigid gender sterotypes where the "guy" does all the heavy work and the "girl" does all the other chores. I'm simply happy for the girl to do all of it.

The second thing is more of a concern - whether I'll be able to "put up" in the heightened altitude. If I don't have the physical stamina, I'll need to either a) disappoint or b) feign a headache.

Quote:
ps: I'll pray again too, for good measure.
Bleu - your prayers are much appreciated.

I've just said another prayer to God where I've asked him to bring me a woman who is a "looker". However, I've a really strong Northern Irish accent so I'm now concerned that he thinks I want a women who is a "lurker". Time will tell .......

Last edited by Ciaran; 07-07-2012 at 05:02 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #965
BoiJen

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Relationship Status:
happy to find inner peace

BoiJen Has the BEST ReputationBoiJen Has the BEST ReputationBoiJen Has the BEST ReputationBoiJen Has the BEST ReputationBoiJen Has the BEST ReputationBoiJen Has the BEST ReputationBoiJen Has the BEST ReputationBoiJen Has the BEST ReputationBoiJen Has the BEST ReputationBoiJen Has the BEST ReputationBoiJen Has the BEST Reputation

It's been so long since I've had a crush... I probably wouldn't know it if I got slapped with one.
BoiJen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BoiJen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #966
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

today i'ma crushin' on yotlyolqualli's bravery...
Old 07-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #967
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
Um. You've given me quite a lot to consider. Two things in particular. ..... I'm simply happy for the girl to do all of it. WTF?
The second thing is more of a concern - whether I'll be able to "put up" in the heightened altitude. If I don't have the physical stamina, I'll need to either a) disappoint or b) feign a headache.
Bleu - your prayers are much appreciated.
I've just said another prayer to God where I've asked him to bring me a woman who is a "looker". However, I've a really strong Northern Irish accent so I'm now concerned that he thinks I want a women who is a "lurker". Time will tell .......
Even Plato, in his Republic, was an early proponent of the division of labor...
*sigh* More prayer might be in order.
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #968
ferret

How Do You Identify?:
As myself.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones.
Relationship Status:
Timed out.

ferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputation

Hmmm....Not a crush but perhaps a mild interest.
ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ferret For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #969
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Quote:
Even Plato, in his Republic, was an early proponent of the division of labor...
*sigh* More prayer might be in order.
Yes, but Plato was Greek and look how their economy has turned out - there's very little labor there to be divided up .....

I'm definitely in favour of more prayer so if you can say one or two (or ten) prayers for me, that would be much appreciated. I've sometimes been told that alms can work very well in lieu of prayer. Therefore, if you would like to give some alms too, please let me know and I'll send you my paypal address.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 06:21 AM   #970
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Thanked 3,745 Times in 734 Posts
Nomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfAKind View Post
Ivan, that two timer!! I thought I was his one and only true crush LOL.

yep. he's a dog, that one. but i love dogs. damn my naive idiot girl brain. i love dogs.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #971
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Nomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
Thank you Mr Nice Guy and Sleepy Butch for getting their crushable traits out there.

For me personally, I like a sense of humor, witty and thoughtful conversation, compassion, a certain brashness and confidence that attracts my attention to their crushability. You will have me there crushing on you in a heartbeat.
awww! i didnt know you were crushing on ME! i knew there was a reason i liked you!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #972
Mr Nice Guy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kind, sweet, loving, romantic and a rare Butch. :)
Relationship Status:
I don't drive a Uhaul. :)

Thanked 4,894 Times in 1,307 Posts
Mr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Crushers, hope your day turns out to be a good one. Who's Ivan?
Mr Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr Nice Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #973
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
awww! i didnt know you were crushing on ME! i knew there was a reason i liked you!
Oh no my secret crush has been discovered! I thought I was being subtle with my description.

Good morning Nomad
Here's to a great beginning and a great day.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 06:58 AM   #974
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
Oh no my secret crush has been discovered! I thought I was being subtle with my description.

Good morning Nomad
Here's to a great beginning and a great day.
sorry Julien. i was desperate for someone to crush on me. i'm a sad and pathetic person. please pity me.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #975
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Nice Guy View Post
Hi Crushers, hope your day turns out to be a good one. Who's Ivan?

minus 3000 points to you for not knowing about one of the only culturally available butch or trans icons for femmes to crush on.

you might appreciate these too.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #976
Mr Nice Guy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Mr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST Reputation

Well that's ok. I have enough points to go around. besides I don't look at Butches and I'm not Femme so maybe I'm just out of the loop. Or just old.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr Nice Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #977
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Quote:
Well that's ok. I have enough points to go around. besides I don't look at Butches and I'm not Femme so maybe I'm just out of the loop. Or just old.
as a butch it is your sacred DUTY to insist on butch and trans icons for your femme friends to crush on! you're all surrounded by a cazillion examples of femme to crush on every day. femmes dont get the same luxury. so you all need to become famous so that we can google you, watch you on youtube and the telly and put posters of you up on our walls! be the new hot teen crush! or at least do a racy calendar for the older crowd will ya? all respect to chaz bono, bear bergman, jack halberstam, kd lang and leslie feinberg but they just arent enough to go around! we need more public representation of butch and trans guys to get all dreamy eyed over!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #978
Mr Nice Guy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

I don't have any Femme friends in my real life. It's never worked for me. Feelings can sometimes get in the way. I have Femme friends here and it's safe. No worries about another Butch getting jealous.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr Nice Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #979
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Quote:
I don't have any Femme friends in my real life. It's never worked for me. Feelings can sometimes get in the way. I have Femme friends here and it's safe. No worries about another Butch getting jealous.
so that's a no on the calendar thing then?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #980
Mr Nice Guy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Well no, I'm always willing to meet anyone and be friends with anyone. I'm just always on guard until I know it's safe. Sheesh, it sounds like I'm afraid of Femmes. Lol
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr Nice Guy For This Useful Post: