Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-20-2015, 09:00 AM   #2681
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning, exercisers.

Today was lower body and cardio day.

E21, random program, level 4
Stats: 272 cal, 2.35 mi, 30:00 min

Lower body regimen: 3x12
  • seated leg press @ 90lbs
  • leg extension @ 40 lbs (this one's hard for me)
  • seated leg curl @ 55 and 70 lbs (switched halfway through as it was too easy)
  • glute machine @ 75 lbs (I kind of hate this machine....I miss the old style one where I could lay down)
  • calf extension @ 115 lbs (easy breezy)
  • abdominal crunch @ 40 lbs (I do this two ways. First, I facilitate the full range of motion and then I do another set at a limited range....about 15-20 degree range out of the usual 45 degree range so it winds up being 6x12 instead of 3x12).
  • hip adduction @ 135 lbs (when I first tried this machine, I asked if it was broken....the one at my previous gym had a different weighting system and felt harder to do)
  • hip abduction @ 135 lbs (same as above)
  • back extension @ 75 lbs

I stretched a bit more than usual today and probably took a full 15 minutes.

I think I'm going to check out the new LA Fitness that just opened last month. It's a drive I'd rather not make but this whole ventilation system at my current gym is driving me bananas. The circuit training room is good 99.9% of the time and the stretching area is good about 90% of the time but the main area? If you aren't on one of the blessed machines or empty spaces where the vents are specifically angled down, then you get bupkiss. Even under the fans is not great. They take the edge off but it's ridiculous. I've given them 2 years of my life and if I'm going to be spending more time in a gym again, it needs to be one I actually like to go to. Still....I'd be going from 1.5 miles from my home to 5 miles from my home. If they have a good enough program/plan/contract with enough incentives to counterbalance the drive and time en route, I think I'll switch.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2015, 03:00 PM   #2682
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today I went to the gym and did 1.5 hours on the stair master (interval program). It felt easy today. It's weird how the same levels can feel exhausting one day and not too challenging another day. Then I did 30 minutes of floor work: weight lifting, abs, stretching. It feels good to get back into weight lifting.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2015, 04:56 PM   #2683
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I swept the Hell out of about 500 sq ft of space today.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2015, 08:44 PM   #2684
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Today was a rest day. Well, mostly. I did my shoulder exercises. But those only take about 10 minutes.

Early morning tomorrow for the 3 NM "run". For me it will be a walk because I'm not allowed to run.

Great job all week to my exercise buddies...friends? (not sure of the PC word to use)... on this thread. But I thought you should all know that even on days when I don't want to work out, you all inspire me.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:04 PM   #2685
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ok, I didn't flake out on the "thread club" last week....

...I was on vacation, so that means a vacation from exercise, too, lol.

Today, I did two leisurely laps at work which is about a mile. After work, I walked to the gym (about 4-5 city blocks) and did an hour on the treadmill at varying speeds above 3. lol, I tried to take it off manual because, as I explained before, I will not challenge myself; BUT, the other program buttons wouldn't work (pity, lol; I was dreadfully disappointed) and I didn't want to change treadmills because I had a nice street view where I could people watch, listen to my headphones, and daydream.

I walked home.

Not much, but I mostly want to work on forming the habit of going to the gym every day right now (because actually getting my ass to the gym is the biggest challenge at this point) and as it becomes more automatic I can worry about upping the intensity and time of my workouts.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #2686
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

meh....

Ive SO fallen off the wagon...but I agree with Randrum....Im inspired to get back to it by reading y'all's posts....

tomorrow is another day...

Old 08-24-2015, 08:17 PM   #2687
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Recovery day today. Mostly.

I completed the 3.45 mile "run" (which I walked) in 1:02:24. I wasn't expecting much. But it really was a nice event. Plus I got the "bling" which is always fun and it was a good cause.

Today I had PT after work, which is still kicking my butt. I need to schedule a follow-up with my ortho. Minimal improvement after 4 weeks of PT. And the pain hasn't lessened.

Last edited by randrum; 08-24-2015 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Took out the picture of the medal. It was HUGE.
randrum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to randrum For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2015, 05:35 AM   #2688
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

That's a hard road, randrum. Hopefully, you'll turn a corner soon.

I tried some stretches before bed last night in the effort to lessen my hip issue. No dice. It still woke me up and my body and I had a little talk. Of course, it basically consisted of me whining and my body not listening but whatevs, right?

Good talk.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:29 AM   #2689
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Good morning, exercisers!

I had a good workout this morning.

E21, random program, level 4
Stats: 189 cal, 1.56 mi, 21:00 min

Then I did my upper body training and ab work.

Then I popped onto the recumbent bike.

B6, manual program, level 3
Stats: 70 cal, 2.19 mi, 15:00 min

Then I stretched reeeeeeallllly good.

Done!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:09 AM   #2690
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

The knee doc has let me go back to working out as long as I am easy and if it hurts ease of to a lower rate or move on to something else.
At the moment I have been getting rid of wasp and hornets that have taken over parts of my garage on hidden spots of the patio roof. If it hadn't been for my fur kid Rowdy I wouldn't be hear I would be God only knows where, she wouldn't let me go to a part of the patio that has a work bench with small exercise equipment. She would bark at the roof then get by my legs and not let me go to a point by the table.. she would bark and look the over hang for me to check out but I couldn't find anything till I looked out the window to see under the eves where a soft ball sise red wasp nest was, so glad she did cause I would have been in a world of trouble if they had gotten ahold of me.SO far I have zapped three nest and one in the top pipe support of my bow flex.. still on the hunt as I don't want to get bit nor do I want them bit.. good fur kid got an extra treat.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2015, 02:44 PM   #2691
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

I've been slacking this week.

Yesterday I came home and passed out on the couch.

Today I had PT. And decided that was enough of a workout.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:55 PM   #2692
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

Randrum - Must've been something in the air yesterday; I was crashed out cold on my couch by 6pm.

Today I walked a total of 6 miles briskly. I got a treadmill by the window with a decent street view, but the best one (the one I had on Monday) was already in use. I didn't mind the change except I was right next to the cubbies where people store their stuff and people were coming over constantly.

I became a little annoyed by the presence of a woman who was standing too close to me and sending text messages for like 15 minutes. It felt like she was only at the gym to be able to tell all her friends she was there and not to work out. But then I decided that much of my annoyance was due to the fact that I felt really gross from sweating profusely and that is why I didn't want anyone near me.

Then I felt better because if I was too stinky she could have just texted somewhere else. So then I was over it (even though I still don't like it when strangers hang around or mill about too close to where I am trying to work out).

I am drinking lots and lots of water which makes me feel really good. That probably adds to the sweatiness and the grossness I felt is because I'm starting to seriously detoxify.

Next step is to be better about stretching. I would really love to get my sleep/wake cycle reset enough to where I could get the workout done before work, but I'm not there yet.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:20 PM   #2693
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

I pushed a 150 lb metal cart fully stocked: and used all of the stock to clean doctors lounge, three conference rooms, and human resources' new orientation 'galla! Not to mention sanitizing 6 bathrooms
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #2694
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today was a good exercise day. In the afternoon I went to the gym and did 45 minutes of 5 minute intervals (level 2, level 6) on the stair master and then did 45 minutes of weight lifting, leg weights, abs, and stretching. Then in the evening I went for a 1 hour walk with a friend in the park. She is 67, short, and a very fast walker.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2015, 08:34 PM   #2695
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I did the exact same gym routine as Wednesday and then the same walk as Wednesday too but with a different friend! I start back at school/work on Tuesday so I'm getting in as many great work-outs as I can while I'm off!

How do I... ?
Old 08-29-2015, 05:30 AM   #2696
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I stayed an hour later at work yesterday to catch up on some of the manual labor that is fast adding up as it tends to do at the end of the month.

I'd rather be doing Pilates or zumba but eh, whatta you goin' to do?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2015, 07:28 AM   #2697
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
In the afternoon I went to the gym and did 45 minutes of 5 minute intervals (level 2, level 6) on the stair master..
I really need to start loving the stair master more... everyone says its great for building hiking muscles and endurance. But it bores my pants off!! HOW DO YOU DO IT??

In other news....

I was up early on my day off and thought Id get back on the wagon. I walked Jacques for over an hour up and down (down is harder for me...go figure) 2 big hills for a total of 2.7 miles (according to my pedometer)

Im planning on doing some yoga once I vacuum...always a good incentive for cleaning the floor...when you know you will be laying on it...my hips just feel gooder when I do yoga regularly...

Maybe later I will try one of the Zumba tapes I got at the thrift store the other day...I like variety
Old 08-29-2015, 10:50 AM   #2698
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

I'm going to go "hiking" this afternoon. I put quotes around that word because I'm not sure walking on a flat-as-a-pancake footpath necessarily counts as hiking per se, but it will be more than a "walk" because I'm going to push myself and go briskly and I will likely end up coming back just around the time when the sun starts to wane. I just feel like being outside today rather than cooped up in a gym.

Some of you are discussing the Stairmaster - I love working out on them (lol, or at least I did when I used to work out regularly) but I tend to be ahem...callipygian and I read that it is best for that body type to avoid the Stairmaster as it may "enhance" any curves in that area. I'm thinking that I will add that back into the repertoire, though, to give myself a more well-rounded (lol, pun not intentional) workout. At this stage of the game, having fun with it is most important, so I'm glad that you all mentioned Starimasters - it inspired me in that way.

I wish I could get my stupid DVD player to work - I'd love to start doing yoga daily! Damnit.

Oh yeah! And I bought a stability ball to sit on! So yay! That is all for now.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:43 PM   #2699
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
I really need to start loving the stair master more... everyone says its great for building hiking muscles and endurance. But it bores my pants off!! HOW DO YOU DO IT??
I watch shows on my IPAD. I love how high intensity is. And yet so little pressure is put on the knees. It's super cool that way.

Ways I've made it more interesting:

1) This was a fail because I'm not strong enough for it but I tried wearing ankle weights while doing it. I saw another woman doing this successfully. Maybe one day.

2) I do a lot of 10 seconds forward, 10 seconds left side, 10 seconds right side. That keeps my brain active and uses different muscles when side stepping. I love to do this!

3) Put it on slower and do ballet-like leg extensions, feels very good. This is nice if you are doing intervals and during the slow part it gives the leg a good stretch.

4) Skip a step during the slow part of an intervals. This is hard but I manage it now and then.

5) Compete with yourself or others if at a gym. I love to see how many floors I can do, how long I can do, etc. And geeky as it sounds I love to be able to put in my initials for the high scores list.

I also like the stair master because it's very different than doing regular stair walking where we can adjust our pace. Those stairs just keep going on the stair master so there's no getting out of keeping the pace.

How do I... ?
Old 08-29-2015, 01:47 PM   #2700
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status: