amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

good morning

we got postcards in the mail!!!!

from Jo and Scoot a beautiful sunset on the ocean!

from littleman a stunning detail of a statue

From Nina I got a detail of "the angel of Genoa"
Corkey got dancing root vegetables
I found this extremely amusing and so appropriate
I think they are carrots and beets
they are rather genderless and also have a bottle of wine and a violinist
I got an angel and Corkey got veggies
Nina rocks!

our first round go out tomorrow morning

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #102
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

[COLOR="Blue"][QUOTE=amiyesiam;361272]good morning

we got postcards in the mail!!!!

from Jo and Scoot a beautiful sunset on the ocean!

from littleman a stunning detail of a statue

From Nina I got a detail of "the angel of Genoa"
Corkey got dancing root vegetables
I found this extremely amusing and so appropriate
I think they are carrots and beets
they are rather genderless and also have a bottle of wine and a violinist
I got an angel and Corkey got veggies
Nina rocks!

our first round go out Monday as tomorrow is Sunday
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #103
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

We got postcards too!

I got beautiful seashells from Nina (perfect, perfect, thank you)....and from little man a gorgeous moment of serenity that will sit on my desk and give me a momentary break now and then.

I love this game!

Scoote got one card, too....but I'll let her share later. In the meantime, we'll just say that I'm gloating!

We also have a couple new additions to the list! I'll get those together and PM folks later.....Outlaw, your mailbox was full again...so if I can't get them to you before I leave, I'll mail you a copy snail mail.

Our next cards will be from the Bahamas baby! We leave Monday!
Old 06-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #104
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Jo, I got my list in the mail...the postcards will be going out this coming week! Thank you again for the wonderful idea!

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #105
1PlayfulFemme

How Do You Identify?:
An Unwitting Thread Derailer!
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, femme through and through
Relationship Status:
She is my soul.

Thanked 2,362 Times in 697 Posts
1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Beautiful Postcards!!

We got four today!! And they are as beautiful and unique as the people that sent them!!

Jo and Scoote, What an amazing picture!!! (And idea! I LOVE this!) I've decided to make a collage on one of the walls in the computer room! Thank you!

Sunshyne & TC, *Laughing* Too cute!!! Brought a huge smile to my face!! So glad the weather is beautiful for you!!! Enjoy your travels!!! Thank you for the sweet note!!

LittleMan, Your postcard took my breath away! That building has a million stories to tell, and it's beauty is amazing. Thank you for sharing!!

Nina, What a perfect postcard for me! My beautiful neice is Japanese, I will save this postcard for when she is older...perhaps in a scrapbook for her! Thank you so much!

We will be sending some from our hometown next week and Cherokee, NC the week after! July will bring the family reunion in Ohio and the fall will bring a trip to the beach!

Jo & Scoote, I hope you have an amazing time in the Bahamas!!

Whatever you fear most has no power. It is your fear that holds the power.
-Oprah Winfrey
1PlayfulFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1PlayfulFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #106
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

We received some amazing post cards today too!!! I love snail mail!!!!!

LittleMan~ BEAUTIFUL!!!! Breathtaking even through picture...

Jo & Scoote~ Yes lucky you! TC loves watching the sunrise and set..So nice! Have a safe trip!!!

Nina~ Rockin'! This postcard is FREAKIN' sweet!!!!!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!!!! We love the postcards!!!!! They absolutely made my day!!!!

Denver in 3 days
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #107
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

So as Jo said we got postcards today...I only got one,but it was such a cool one(thanks Little Man that was an awesome pic). I figured Ninas just got separated in the mail so altho i initially bummed i realized that when we get back ill just have one more than Jo(now IM gloating )

anyway this really is a cool idea and im glad its going so well and that everyone is loving it.

ok im off to eat some s'ghetti and stalk ppl....hope everyone is having a great Sat night!
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #108
Outlaw

How Do You Identify?:
Cocksure
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cotton Candy Swami
Relationship Status:
Loved and Loving

Outlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hard Say'n, Not Know'n

Postcardians: What do you think of BFP postcards?

I came up with the following design ideas: (all to be used with appropriate permissions)
  • The BFP Logo,
  • Pictures from BFP Events,
  • Member's Gallery Pics/Photography, (pets, ink, babies, bfp gatherings)
  • Snippets of Member's Poetry,
  • Member's Artwork,
  • Thread Titles,
  • Famous and Infamous quotes from BFP members,

The post cards could be a fundraiser medium and/or a scholarship medium. A post card of June's stink eye alone, could pay for someone's airfare to Little Rock...

I pitched the idea of BFP postcards to Medusa. She would like to know what folks would like to see on an official set of BFP postcards.

OK folks...think of ideas and weigh in.

Who knows, we could even have a postcard design contest

We need consensus on design ideas...which I am sure we will arrive at in a relative sense after 1181 posts about, permissions, copyright infringement, disclaimers, legal ramifications, transparency, size, font, color, tone, spacing, alignment, general appropriateness, equitable geographic representation and cultural sensitivities around folks who may be offended by postcards... or for whom postcards induce general fright and/or explosive diarrhea. If necessary we can ask admin to install, by popular vote, a team of physicians to be consulted prior to mailing.

Yours in postcardville,

Outlaw
Old 06-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #109
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

Outlaw~ What a great idea!!!! Not sure what to put on them...but I def think that people would be interested. My problem is I like all your suggestions for what should be on them lol Will think about this one!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #110
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I got postcards too from Nina, Jo and someone else. I will be sending my postcards this week from New York City landmarks...
Old 06-20-2011, 12:43 AM   #111
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I put a tiny little stack in my mailbox to go out tomorrow....I ran out, so will have to get more.....but it might not be for 10 days or so.....sorry about that!

This is SUCH fun!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 01:17 AM   #112
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

I can't tell if Sunshyne is more excited receiving them or sending them....either way the city girl is not so bored in the country most days & this is a great thing!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:00 AM   #113
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

woohooo snacks...i sure hope my house sitter doesnt eat them b4 we return. we are corraling the boys and getting last minute items together...so hope everyone has a good week....try not to miss me too much and keep the postcards coming!
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #114
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Postcards went out with the mail today.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #115
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,088 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

After a fun-filled weekend, we are back from Pensacola. I can't believe that I managed to get all the postcards addressed and mail out yesterday before we left!

I got the list of the additional people that joined in the postcard fun AFTER we got home, so I don't have any Florida postcards to send them. But, I'm sure that I can find something to send them from around these parts

We did come home and find beautiful postcards from Jo & Scoote, Wil and Nina. THANK YOU! I look foward to seeing many more from all over!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #116
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I got a very neat postcard today from Sunshine & T! I loved it! Thanks so much!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #117
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I got a very neat postcard today from Sunshine & T! I loved it! Thanks so much!
I am sooooo glad you liked it! That is about as exciting as Corydon, Iowa gets!!! lol We had limited cards to choose from, but I love history and I thought you might too!!!!

More to come from Denver...We leave tomorrow!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 09:18 PM   #118
TxBelle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc
Relationship Status:
single

TxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST Reputation

This is kinda like Christmas! I come 'round the corner to my P O box, that moment of anticipation...is there something for me in my box.....turn the key and...YES 2 postcards for me! thabnks Jo, and Nina.
TxBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TxBelle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #119
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Yahoo

Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #120
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

T and Sunshynes card arrived today
love it
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post: