Notices

Old 11-23-2016, 12:21 AM   #61
Arden

How Do You Identify?:
Female, femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
"and if you help me to start again, you know that I'll be there for you in the end. "

Arden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST Reputation

I appreciate being able to hear the ocean from my house. I enjoy the amazing sunrises on my drive to work. Being able to, weather permitting, go on a run through my neighborhood dodging elk and coyotes on my way to the beach. Depending on my mood my run may become a walk and the roar of the ocean may serve to dampen the sound of my tears or hide the questions I lift up.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:58 AM   #62
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

The part of town (south central Houston) that we currently live in is a very unique place to be-- we are located within sight of the NRG stadium and wecan go from our kitchen to butts-on-gayborhood-barstools in about twenty minutes, but there are pastures all around us and you see people riding horses, etc.

Also, it is a historically minority area so the riders you see are mostly POC. Further down the road there is a Spanish rodeo arena, and at Houston rodeo time you see all of the POC/Latinx ranchers at the gas stations with their stock trailers, and out on the feeder roads in trail rides.

I like it because my family is very country and I feel at home in the environment, but the extreme diversity of the area makes it feel safer than the towns my relatives live in.

There is actually a museum all about minority cow"boys" down the road:

The American Cowboy Museum

The American Cowboy Museum is a twenty-one-year-old 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that educates people far and wide about the contributions of African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, and Women to the development of the American Western culture.

Having been bestowed the honor of induction into the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame with My Mother, Mollie Taylor-Stevenson Sr., I am keenly aware of the importance of carrying forth the grand heritage of those that are so often overlooked.

Mollie Taylor-Stevenson, Jr., President

The area is historic, but our actual subdivision is not technically a product of gentrification, as the actual land was long-unused when they built it. It's actually even more diverse than the ranches because a large Asian population has purchased here. Our realtor says this is due to easy access to the Medical center.

I think gentrification will reach here and we will be glad to have held on to the property, but the actual house will probably have fallen over by then. It's totally a cardboard box with designer paint colors slapped on.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:24 AM   #63
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

In 2001 I drove an RV from S. CA to up state New York. I felt lucky to have seen SO much of this country. But now... now, I'm thinking that I'm WAY overdue for a road trip and that there is SO much more to see! I gotta get on this!

Anyone else dig road trips??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
The part of town (south central Houston) that we currently live in is a very unique place to be-- we are located within sight of the NRG stadium and wecan go from our kitchen to butts-on-gayborhood-barstools in about twenty minutes, but there are pastures all around us and you see people riding horses, etc.

Also, it is a historically minority area so the riders you see are mostly POC. Further down the road there is a Spanish rodeo arena, and at Houston rodeo time you see all of the POC/Latinx ranchers at the gas stations with their stock trailers, and out on the feeder roads in trail rides.

I like it because my family is very country and I feel at home in the environment, but the extreme diversity of the area makes it feel safer than the towns my relatives live in.

There is actually a museum all about minority cow"boys" down the road:

The American Cowboy Museum

The American Cowboy Museum is a twenty-one-year-old 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that educates people far and wide about the contributions of African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, and Women to the development of the American Western culture.

Having been bestowed the honor of induction into the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame with My Mother, Mollie Taylor-Stevenson Sr., I am keenly aware of the importance of carrying forth the grand heritage of those that are so often overlooked.

Mollie Taylor-Stevenson, Jr., President

The area is historic, but our actual subdivision is not technically a product of gentrification, as the actual land was long-unused when they built it. It's actually even more diverse than the ranches because a large Asian population has purchased here. Our realtor says this is due to easy access to the Medical center.

I think gentrification will reach here and we will be glad to have held on to the property, but the actual house will probably have fallen over by then. It's totally a cardboard box with designer paint colors slapped on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arden View Post
I appreciate being able to hear the ocean from my house. I enjoy the amazing sunrises on my drive to work. Being able to, weather permitting, go on a run through my neighborhood dodging elk and coyotes on my way to the beach. Depending on my mood my run may become a walk and the roar of the ocean may serve to dampen the sound of my tears or hide the questions I lift up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Where I live is truly green all year round. Just drove through Illinois, Missouri and Arkansas. Made me appreciate how lovely where I live is in winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
It is so peaceful and quiet here, amazing sunsets every night that I can see from my bedroom window or the backyard, good Mexican food and burgers, a big dollar store for such a small place, and everyone is super nice and helpful in my little town (population 800 - I think that includes the goats!).
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post: