Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 02-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Fix and then Pass the Healthcare Bill

I have my personal opinion about how "great" this healthcare bill is (for the insurance industry, that is), but the truth is, this the best thing we got going in the direction of changing anything. Lets not let our best shot in 100 years pass by without giving an honest effort.

Me, I call my congress critters probably once a week during heated policy processes. they are on my contacts list in my cell phone. But if you need to find out who yours is, just go to this website below, or whitehouse.gov (I believe)

http://www.contactingthecongress.org/

Calling is better than signing a petition. Writing a letter is best, but will take too long right now. A receptionist will answer the phone and/or you can leave a message. Please be polite to the receptionist, they are not your congress critter, they are working a job.

But there is a push for "Pro health Care Reform" people to make 1 Million calls by next Friday. We have heard (and seen - thanks 'liberal media') from the Tea Baggers, we need to seriously get our message through.

Here is the million phone call website

http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/59...t.jsp?key=3380

And here is from that website:

A million calls on February 24th and 25th!

We're organizing a call-in effort to Congress on the 24th and the 25th to make a HUGE push to fix the Senate bill via reconciliation and to pass it! We need to finish the job on health care reform, and it's time to give Dems a spine on this one.

When you join our 1,000,000 million call effort, please invite your friends to join as well!

What Are We Aiming For In Fixing The Bill And Passing It?

What are we aiming for in the reconciliation fix package to the Senate bill? We are aiming for these items below:

* Inclusion of the public option
* The Medicare buy-in
* Fixing the excise tax
* Getting rid of the Nebraska Cornhusker Kickback deal
* National exchange
* Drug re-importation
* Drug price negotiation in Medicare Part D
* Increasing subsidies.

http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/59...t.jsp?key=3380
key is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to key For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #2
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Default today -

thank you, key.

a moment of time is all it takes.

http://www.ncsl.org/Default.aspx?Tab...116,86,507#507

http://www.opencongress.org/

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h956/show
[supporting/opposing health bill]

http://www.ncsl.org/?tabid=18906

Last edited by violaine; 02-25-2010 at 02:47 PM.
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you!

While I admit to being deeply dissapointed in what the legislation is turning out to be, I do understamd that something is better than nothing and will continue to make calls.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I watched this comment from Keith Olberman with tears in my eyes. How many times have I heard from scared Americans "We don't want socialized medicine because Obama wants to create death panels that will kill us"?? How many MORE times have I witnessed and been a part of the exact SAME sad scenario that Keith describes happened to his father. I'll tell you.....too many damned times. Here's the comment. Make up your own mind.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWtwvFc842A&feature=sub"]YouTube- Keith Olbermann Special Comment on His Father and Death Panels[/ame]

Reform health care NOW!!!

~Theo~
Old 03-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

It's an awesome piece by Keith. I like his "life panels" description and it seems more apt.

I'm watching Rachel Maddows right now and she showed a political ad by Anne Louden (sp?) is claiming that the Health Bill is wrong because it's government health care and she believes it will weaken programs like Medicare and "government health care is wrong".

Uh.. whut?!

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #6
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,092 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
I watched this comment from Keith Olberman with tears in my eyes. How many times have I heard from scared Americans "We don't want socialized medicine because Obama wants to create death panels that will kill us"?? How many MORE times have I witnessed and been a part of the exact SAME sad scenario that Keith describes happened to his father. I'll tell you.....too many damned times. Here's the comment. Make up your own mind.

YouTube- Keith Olbermann Special Comment on His Father and Death Panels

~Theo~

How incredibly POWERFUL and MOVING!!! Thank you Theo.
I wasn't "allowed" to have a Life Discussion with my mother's doctors... but thankfully, she is better now than a year ago.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2010, 01:12 AM   #7
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post

YouTube- Keith Olbermann Special Comment on His Father and Death Panels

~Theo~
Yes, I had tears in my eyes watching this too.

I am so frustrated with this whole process. I honestly don't believe that our congressional system will be effective until we have publically funded elections! Every move made, and word said in congress hasn't a thing to do with legislating. It is all about re-elections and which party will be in control. I'm sick of all of them. And now we will be dealing with election contributions from corporations as people!

I'm disgusted with the health care fiasco. Yes, pass it, but it isn't really much of what is really needed. But, I guess a start. But, the insurance corporations will be throwing mega-bucks after it to render any beginning null & void in the mid-terms and in 2012.

I don't think I have ever been this disillusioned about our system ever before..... I thought Obama could make some changes. I am not seeing him as being effective as a leader. I still support him, but the on-the-job training and his delutions of non-partisanism is not cutting it.

We need a public health care system and the health-care carriers must be subject to anti-trust rules!!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #8
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Lots of political fluff going on about "Reconciliation" being used to pass it. What's interesting is depending on who's doing it, the net result was most a plus for government as it meant costs went down (I doubt it will for this one). Interesting chart from the NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/20...t_graphic.html

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote