Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Fix and then Pass the Healthcare Bill

I have my personal opinion about how "great" this healthcare bill is (for the insurance industry, that is), but the truth is, this the best thing we got going in the direction of changing anything. Lets not let our best shot in 100 years pass by without giving an honest effort.

Me, I call my congress critters probably once a week during heated policy processes. they are on my contacts list in my cell phone. But if you need to find out who yours is, just go to this website below, or whitehouse.gov (I believe)

http://www.contactingthecongress.org/

Calling is better than signing a petition. Writing a letter is best, but will take too long right now. A receptionist will answer the phone and/or you can leave a message. Please be polite to the receptionist, they are not your congress critter, they are working a job.

But there is a push for "Pro health Care Reform" people to make 1 Million calls by next Friday. We have heard (and seen - thanks 'liberal media') from the Tea Baggers, we need to seriously get our message through.

Here is the million phone call website

http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/59...t.jsp?key=3380

And here is from that website:

A million calls on February 24th and 25th!

We're organizing a call-in effort to Congress on the 24th and the 25th to make a HUGE push to fix the Senate bill via reconciliation and to pass it! We need to finish the job on health care reform, and it's time to give Dems a spine on this one.

When you join our 1,000,000 million call effort, please invite your friends to join as well!

What Are We Aiming For In Fixing The Bill And Passing It?

What are we aiming for in the reconciliation fix package to the Senate bill? We are aiming for these items below:

* Inclusion of the public option
* The Medicare buy-in
* Fixing the excise tax
* Getting rid of the Nebraska Cornhusker Kickback deal
* National exchange
* Drug re-importation
* Drug price negotiation in Medicare Part D
* Increasing subsidies.

http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/59...t.jsp?key=3380
key is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to key For This Useful Post: