Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

Old 02-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #41
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Oh I forgot this lil tidbit...this plumber at Lowes, big, burley, bearded, dude, biker type...this dude helped me immensely. Anyways, my burly dude Lowes best friends name is Joy. He brought me a lot of joy.

I bet he got a lot of shit when he was in school.

Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2010, 12:29 AM   #42
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

I spent my friday evening disassembling and demolishing the bathroom. Then I cleaned it all up, washed the tub and took my last bath in it. It was a good tub Tomorrow it goes, new one comes in and the walls come up . Next weekend is tile!

Fortunately, no surprises so far but I now get to see what shape the subfloor is in.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:15 AM   #43
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Wall tile project this weekend. Fortunately, my sister and brother in law have a business that includes doing tile. It will be a fun project to do with my sister.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #44
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

The tile project was a huge success---I did have to egde up and straighten a few that my sister put down a little crooked--GEZ. Good thing she finds humor in my anal alignment obsession.

This weekend--Tiling the bathroom floor, a little patch to the wall where I just might of punched thru with the reciprocating saw--OOOPS, and painting the bathroom and the other wall we had to open. I have to reopen the wall to move the shower valve back but that should be pretty easy! Repatch and viola the plumbing and bathroom will be done and checked off the list!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #45
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

We are going to do some painting in a few weeks

Jack just doesnt know it yet.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:09 AM   #46
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Thanks Jack. I also discovered the power of a self leveling cross laser....I would never have thought of that. It feels good to be almost be over the hump, I'm getting tired of spending weekends with the water off for one reason or another.

So do you know what you're painting yet?
Old 03-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #47
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Upcoming projects:

Install fence...
Plant privacy trees around said fence...
Build deck...
Build pool/ kitchen area outside...
Create raised bed garden and sew grass over old row garden...
Continue cleaning organizing shed for working on all of above projects and refinishing some furniture...
Figure out how the hell to lift our waterstove and repair floor that has sunk under it..

It's gonna be a hella busy spring/ summer...

Oh! and collect wood all during the warm months so I don't go through these periods of it not being available during winter.. grrrr..

Good luck to all the DIYers!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #48
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

LOL sounds like you are going to be way to busy and not have near enough play time. Just wanted to tell you, cut your wood during the spring and late winter. It has plenty of time to dry before winter and you don't have to worry about poison ivy or snakes which I know Christie loves LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Upcoming projects:

Install fence...
Plant privacy trees around said fence...
Build deck...
Build pool/ kitchen area outside...
Create raised bed garden and sew grass over old row garden...
Continue cleaning organizing shed for working on all of above projects and refinishing some furniture...
Figure out how the hell to lift our waterstove and repair floor that has sunk under it..

It's gonna be a hella busy spring/ summer...

Oh! and collect wood all during the warm months so I don't go through these periods of it not being available during winter.. grrrr..

Good luck to all the DIYers!
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #49
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
LOL sounds like you are going to be way to busy and not have near enough play time. Just wanted to tell you, cut your wood during the spring and late winter. It has plenty of time to dry before winter and you don't have to worry about poison ivy or snakes which I know Christie loves LOL

LMAO.. We didn't see one snake here this year.. thank the powers that be! Her love of all things "creepy" is infamous!

I'll def be gathering wood up way ahead this year!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #50
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
LMAO.. We didn't see one snake here this year.. thank the powers that be! Her love of all things "creepy" is infamous!

I'll def be gathering wood up way ahead this year!

Ya'll stop talkin about me like I can't read LMAO!!
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #51
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

LOL Covers your eyes for you LOL Oh hope you are feeling much better these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
Ya'll stop talkin about me like I can't read LMAO!!
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #52
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I am going to be working on building a raised garden this year. I have the wood and the corners (steel wedges). I just want to place it in the right spot for the sunlight. My biggest concern is my lil critters outback, esp. the owls. I have 2 owl families with small babies. I am not sure of how big the lil ones will be this spring. I know they are not eating rabbit, squirrels, or mice yet. They are just that small. But they grow.

I want to plant veggies this year. Maybe a brussel sprout bush, if room permits.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #53
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
I am going to be working on building a raised garden this year. I have the wood and the corners (steel wedges). I just want to place it in the right spot for the sunlight. My biggest concern is my lil critters outback, esp. the owls. I have 2 owl families with small babies. I am not sure of how big the lil ones will be this spring. I know they are not eating rabbit, squirrels, or mice yet. They are just that small. But they grow.

I want to plant veggies this year. Maybe a brussel sprout bush, if room permits.

I am going to do the same, I marked off my garden last year. I don't think I'll be planting brussel sprouts though. I want to dig up and replant my whole yard. The thatch is so thick in it aerating doesn't help much anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2014, 01:01 PM   #54
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mountain Makeover

For the carpenters on hand, a makeover of a mountain shack:

For more information and slide show, please visit:
http://www.bobvila.com/articles/moun...hack-makeover/

You can do anything with smarts and hands!
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 06:11 AM   #55
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

My kitchen is my make over for this year,it's plenty big just not well planed out.At the moment it's sickly blue grey color ,yes all of it,not sure what color I want so I am going to pick up some samples to hopefully find one I like.Who ever painted it used this heavy,thick cheep paint so I may well tear everything off the walls and start over.The floor has the peel and stick flooring so you can gess that it's popping loose in places.My son bought 400 blocks of Italian marble that,where it's nice I doubt it is right for the kitchen floor being it's sort of rose color with a white pattern in it..nope, gonna work.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 06:16 AM   #56
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

fatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputation

my fave kinda DIY stuff is spray painting things pink then sticking rhinestones all over them!
fatallyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatallyblonde For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 08:55 AM   #57
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
My kitchen is my make over for this year,it's plenty big just not well planed out.At the moment it's sickly blue grey color ,yes all of it,not sure what color I want so I am going to pick up some samples to hopefully find one I like.Who ever painted it used this heavy,thick cheep paint so I may well tear everything off the walls and start over.The floor has the peel and stick flooring so you can gess that it's popping loose in places.My son bought 400 blocks of Italian marble that,where it's nice I doubt it is right for the kitchen floor being it's sort of rose color with a white pattern in it..nope, gonna work.
maybe going Italian style would work with that marble. crisp bright white on bottom cabinets rich warm counter top then more earthy colour on walls?

you could have a lot of fun with tile on the walls to cover up nasty paint. Besides if its got lead in it you don't want to create lead paint dust.

I enjoy using the paint with primer already in it, covers ugly colour much better.

Some of that marble would make a great pastry making area. Yummy.

The local Restore has lots of fancy tile and accent tile. Would look wonderful in ethnic decor.

ah well. I love projects.

I would like to see before and after photos.

Thanks for sharing Rockin!
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #58
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

The laundry / bathroom I have been working on is almost finished. Just need plumber to install new sink/vanity and replace floor covering.

I need to take some almost done photos.

Its been fun seeing the transformation.

Replaced half of carpet in Den with friends help. So nice to get old nasty carpet out of here. Need more muscle help to get furniture in better places.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #59
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
maybe going Italian style would work with that marble. crisp bright white on bottom cabinets rich warm counter top then more earthy colour on walls?

you could have a lot of fun with tile on the walls to cover up nasty paint. Besides if its got lead in it you don't want to create lead paint dust.

I enjoy using the paint with primer already in it, covers ugly colour much better.

Some of that marble would make a great pastry making area. Yummy.

The local Restore has lots of fancy tile and accent tile. Would look wonderful in ethnic decor.

ah well. I love projects.

I would like to see before and after photos.

Thanks for sharing Rockin!

Not a bad idea,I will see what I can add to it,I also was thinking of useing some tile behind the sink for back splatter protection.I also have a small counter space with 4 doors that's is an eye sore.It's going to be ripped out and a large work station put in with stainless steel lining under it plus a trash drop in one corner.I have a garbage eating insinkorator for what needs going into it.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 09:26 AM   #60
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Not a bad idea,I will see what I can add to it,I also was thinking of useing some tile behind the sink for back splatter protection.I also have a small counter space with 4 doors that's is an eye sore.It's going to be ripped out and a large work station put in with stainless steel lining under it plus a trash drop in one corner.I have a garbage eating insinkorator for what needs going into it.
Good idea! If you use paper towels, I saw a kitchen that removed a false drawer front and put a paper towel holder in the space. Brilliant because now they are off the counter and not an eyesore under top cabinets. You could mount one under your newly streamlined cabinet top.

I could talk all day about remodeling and decorating.

Thanks for reading my post Rockin!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post: