Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > BFP Announcements

Old 12-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Happily Partnered

Thanked 5,263 Times in 966 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default New Chat Room

Hello All,

After several weeks of crappy chat-roomage, we have finally upgraded to what we hope will be a much better, much faster option.

Feel free to check it out and give us your feedback!

Special thanks to Linus who tracked this option down for us! Its a big YAY!
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

Thats cool gonna check it out
Old 12-13-2009, 06:30 AM   #3
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,481 Times in 705 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Yay for new chat!

It does seem easier to use... not as many options....

The downside is that I dont seem to see how to enlarge the font size... for some of us ole fogies, its a lil hard on the ole blue eyes...
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:40 AM   #4
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,454 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

I can't stay in chat for more than 45 seconds before it kicks me out.

Firefox and safari.

Do not like.
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:28 AM   #5
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,722 Times in 3,171 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenay View Post
I can't stay in chat for more than 45 seconds before it kicks me out.

Firefox and safari.

Do not like.
Interesting. It seems specific to you (I've been in with Firefox, Safari and Chrome). Did you see any errors when you were kicked out?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[]
||

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:36 AM   #6
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,481 Times in 705 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks, Linus, for telling me how to make the font bigger

The error messages we saw for Selenay were all "invalid IP address"
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:44 AM   #7
wolfwalker

How Do You Identify?:
human

wolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to behold
Default chat room

it will not let me in. what am I doing wrong here?

wolfwalker
wolfwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:46 AM   #8
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
10+ years and going strong :)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,441 Times in 2,980 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I was just hanging out in there and didn't run into any issues with being logged out or kicked. I use firefox browser (MUCH better than IE and in my opinion Chrome stinks). http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #9
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Ok. For both Selenay and Wolfwalker, we will have to adjust the code at a lower level. Once Medusa is awake and semi functional, I'll get her to adjust it. So for now, wait out of the chat room and when we have the fix in place, we'll let you know.

Sorry for all this. I've never seen this error elsewhere when using this chat room so it's a new one.

||
[]
||

Old 12-13-2009, 08:14 AM   #10
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,454 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Ok. For both Selenay and Wolfwalker, we will have to adjust the code at a lower level. Once Medusa is awake and semi functional, I'll get her to adjust it. So for now, wait out of the chat room and when we have the fix in place, we'll let you know.

Sorry for all this. I've never seen this error elsewhere when using this chat room so it's a new one.

Medusa knows about the issue, I think; she and I were in chat while it was going on last night--but nothing like it was today.

Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #11
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenay View Post

Medusa knows about the issue, I think; she and I were in chat while it was going on last night--but nothing like it was today.

Ok. Good to know. I'll talk to her today and see if we can come up with a solution.

||
[]
||

Old 12-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #12
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation
Default chat

Im having a problem staying in chat also. I get in and then it kicks me out and keeps logging me in and out. Do I need to adjust something? Thanks for your help.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:40 AM   #13
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4Texas View Post
Im having a problem staying in chat also. I get in and then it kicks me out and keeps logging me in and out. Do I need to adjust something? Thanks for your help.
No. That is the issue that Wolfwalker was facing. As I said, I'll need to talk with Medusa about a possible solution.

||
[]
||

Old 12-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #14
SyrBlackwolff

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy, hym..she if you must

SyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST Reputation

I can't get in chat either, it keeps kicking out everytime I try to log in, so w3hat the hell do I do now????

SBW
SyrBlackwolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #15
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,179 Times in 2,866 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

I just went into chat and did not seem to have any issues with it (but I was the only one there).

I do not care for the format (but that is just my opinion)
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #16
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,742 Times in 515 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Personally I don't like the format of the Ajax chat either. However, I don't want to seem ungrateful, so I want those that worked on getting it setup for us to know that it is VERY much appreciated.

As for staying in chat, accessing it, etc, neither myself nor my partner seemed to have any issues doing so.

Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #17
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Happily Partnered

Thanked 5,263 Times in 966 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

Is anyone still having the "logout due to invalid ip" issue? I just reconfigured the file after Linus found a fix for us.

Hopefully it will work.

And to the folks who arent crazy about the new chat, can you be specific please? This chat might have several configuration options so there might be something that we can tweak to make it better.

Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #18
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

I'd love to be able to see who's in the chat room before I enter. Is that somewhere and I'm missing it?

thanks!
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #19
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Engaged to JD.

Thanked 42,324 Times in 7,777 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by turasultana View Post
I'd love to be able to see who's in the chat room before I enter. Is that somewhere and I'm missing it?

thanks!
There isnt an installation for that option yet but we can certainly look for one
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #20
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,742 Times in 515 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Its more so the layout. I changed the colors around a bit, and that helped. For me, its hard to follow. The user list on the right hand side is a bit weird, especially with it being placed underneath other information.

Im a big fan of irc style looking chats for the net, very simple interface, etc. Hopefully that gives you an idea of what im looking for. Of course, its not about me, its about everyone and im sure what the masses decide, will grow on me. =)

Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote