Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 11-17-2020, 01:30 PM   #6661
clementinefemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme

clementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputation

Really feeling that seasonal depression. If anyone has any tips, (supplements, etc.) I'd be appreciative (besides a sunlamp, which I already use).
clementinefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to clementinefemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2020, 08:11 PM   #6662
AlexF

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

AlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST Reputation

Have you tried Vitamin D in addition to the sunlamp? I have used it myself and it has helped me.

All the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementinefemme View Post
Really feeling that seasonal depression. If anyone has any tips, (supplements, etc.) I'd be appreciative (besides a sunlamp, which I already use).
AlexF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexF For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2020, 07:55 PM   #6663
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementinefemme View Post
Other than the vitamin D that AlexF mentioned, supplements usually aren't taken in my experience. There are medications but require prescriptions. Almost all of the articles I found list these as the best way to combat S.A.D. : exercise, social connectivity and light. Basically, trick your eyes and mind into thinking it's lighter, brighter happier times.

When I developed S.A.D., I'd moved from FL to WA in February. I went from a moderate temperature and crisp, sunny skies to a persistent pearl grey sky and rain that stung my face and eyes like cold needles when it struck me. Also, it was 32 degrees. Huge difference. Throw in that I was in a brand new place and didn't know anyone except my partner and pets, depression was pretty much inevitable.

Unfortunately, I didn't really pull myself out of it consciously so I can't offer you any real wisdom there. It just kind of wandered off into the shadows after a few months but it was rough until it did and it's never 100% gone. It pops up now and again but much less than before. By the time it did wean off a bit, I had a good very social job and I had made some friends and I was enjoying life more so there's definitely something with that whole social component. COVID has really screwed that up for folks now.

Exercise would give you endorphins and that helps. I felt lighter and had a more positive outlook after a workout, even the light ones or the ones where I didn't accomplish what I wanted. Now, I take walks regularly and even the ones when I'm dragging a bit or just puttering around help me feel better than before I started.

I find myself more productive during daylight so this dark before 5pm thing is not helping me organize my craft room! I do sit in front of the screen more than I should but nothing like it used to be all those years ago.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I think if you can scrounge up the effort to get yourself up and at 'em doing whatever makes you happiest, it might help. I hope you feel better.

For myself....currently....I am procrastinating taking my nightly walk. It's cold out there! The low for tonight is 18 degrees. My little grey hoodie won't cut it tonight. Mama's gonna bring out the big guns. I won't be able to hear the sounds of the night because of all the swish, swish, swish in my ears from the hood but I'll be toasty warm and I feel that's not a bad thing.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2020, 09:24 AM   #6664
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,118 Times in 5,117 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

My down spirits are usually holiday-related this time of year - a result of growing up wondering why my family wasn't like the Brady Bunch.

I'm feeling pretty good and prepared for the upcoming holiday season. Going to get Uber delivery for the Thanksgiving meal, and spend it with two good friends. I ordered my holiday cards and stamps, and it will take me some time to fill all of those out and mail them. I haven't started gift shopping yet, but hopefully I can get to that soon. I'm going to just have a small tree in my bedroom this year - some friends are going to decorate my bedroom for the season.

These are a few holiday traditions I like to stick with every year, as they keep me from getting the blues. Another important thing for me to remember is to have _no_expectations_. I get back about half the number of holiday cards I send out, but everyone seems to enjoy getting mine. People are like, "I enjoy reading your newsy cards! I just don't have time any more at the holidays and so I quit sending them." I get phone calls and emails instead.

One holiday tradition I won't be able to keep up with this year is baking cookies. What with COVID, who could I give them to, anyway? I might make one or two batches for myself and my friends who come over. But honestly, I don't know if I will have the energy to do so. We'll see. Hopefully my self-imposed holiday puttering will ward off the seasonal blues.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2020, 10:13 AM   #6665
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

Je suis morte de fatigue 😥not only because of school but ne the usual i hate feeling on autopilot
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to akiza For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 01:18 PM   #6666
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

ELATED! I spoke to the oncology doctor and the PET scan showed that they got all the cancer out when they did the surgery. Yay! Basically, I am cancer free!

I still have to do the chemo, though, just in case there are any microscopic particles of cancer floating around that are too small for the PET scan to catch. But it will be worth it. The chemo will give me a 50% better chance that there will be no recurrence.

- Prince
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 02:23 PM   #6667
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
ELATED! I spoke to the oncology doctor and the PET scan showed that they got all the cancer out when they did the surgery. Yay! Basically, I am cancer free!

I still have to do the chemo, though, just in case there are any microscopic particles of cancer floating around that are too small for the PET scan to catch. But it will be worth it. The chemo will give me a 50% better chance that there will be no recurrence.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 06:19 PM   #6668
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

That's such great news for you and your loved ones. What a kick ass way to start off/head into the new year - congrats!
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 08:40 PM   #6669
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:

That is so awesome, Georgia! There are several people in my life here at home who are battling cancer; so I know how special it is to get a positive outcome like this. Hooray for you!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 09:41 AM   #6670
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Wonderful news indeed! So happy for you GeorgiaMa'am....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 09:52 AM   #6671
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
My down spirits are usually holiday-related this time of year - a result of growing up wondering why my family wasn't like the Brady Bunch.

I'm feeling pretty good and prepared for the upcoming holiday season. Going to get Uber delivery for the Thanksgiving meal, and spend it with two good friends. I ordered my holiday cards and stamps, and it will take me some time to fill all of those out and mail them. I haven't started gift shopping yet, but hopefully I can get to that soon. I'm going to just have a small tree in my bedroom this year - some friends are going to decorate my bedroom for the season.

These are a few holiday traditions I like to stick with every year, as they keep me from getting the blues. Another important thing for me to remember is to have _no_expectations_. I get back about half the number of holiday cards I send out, but everyone seems to enjoy getting mine. People are like, "I enjoy reading your newsy cards! I just don't have time any more at the holidays and so I quit sending them." I get phone calls and emails instead.

One holiday tradition I won't be able to keep up with this year is baking cookies. What with COVID, who could I give them to, anyway? I might make one or two batches for myself and my friends who come over. But honestly, I don't know if I will have the energy to do so. We'll see. Hopefully my self-imposed holiday puttering will ward off the seasonal blues.
I have a sneaking suspicion more people than usual may be sending out Holiday cards this year. And on a more personal note, I remember being in the postcard exchange with you and loved all you sent me! In fact I have the Coca-Cola one in a small frame...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 09:58 AM   #6672
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion more people than usual may be sending out Holiday cards this year. And on a more personal note, I remember being in the postcard exchange with you and loved all you sent me! In fact I have the Coca-Cola one in a small frame...
I would love it if sending out holiday cards became a thing again. They're fun to get in the mail. They're festive to hang in the house. They're good reminders to people that they are important in your life.

You were great at sending postcards, too, homoe. That was a fun project! I still have several of yours . . .

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 03:40 PM   #6673
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,457 Times in 2,629 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Feeling

We had a few days of really nice weather and although it has turned cold no snow so all is well. Clear and cool is nice weather for me.
Stone-Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2020, 08:41 AM   #6674
Lecheloco

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine preferred
Relationship Status:
Happy as is, but a date would be nice

Thanked 1,975 Times in 633 Posts
Lecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST Reputation

I am feeling very optimistic about my new career.
I started yesterday and today I am looking forward to going to work, it has been quite a minute since I have felt like that
Lecheloco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lecheloco For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2020, 06:50 PM   #6675
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,085 Times in 8,588 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default OsteoArthritis

Better. Found a huge lump on my collar bone this weekend. Doctor was able to see me today and after examining it he told me it osteoarthritis and assured me it had noting to do with parathyroid problem. I was concerned because it’s close to my parathyroid.

When I found it on Saturday, my first thought was, oh, I’ve lost so much weight I can feel my bones. LOL

I stopped smiling when this “bone” was only on one side of my body.

Feeling much better.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2020, 07:34 PM   #6676
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,457 Times in 2,629 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default How are you feeling

Slowly getting through this holiday season and trying to keep my head above water with depression. I have spent most of it watching tv and a bit of time in here. After losing my best friend/cousin, I find out she was cremated and kept away from all her friends, not buried with her husband or mom and dad so none can go to pay respects and I spoke to a close friend of hers down home and they are all very upset, no funeral to attend and no grave to oversee. These were closer to her than family for many many years. I feel very sad for them also as they are all older women and most are living alone and they all hung out together. Life is not fair at times so even if I get down there no connection will be made. I hope her daughter gets some satisfaction from keeping her on her mantle.
Stone-Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2021, 09:23 AM   #6677
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,085 Times in 8,588 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Moanin and groanin

Dreading that I'm getting ready to list my place back on the market. Which means I've got to start looking for places again, placing offers, accepting offers. Sitting in parking lots while people view my place. I would gladly shop, dine alone, check out a movie, visit some nearby friends, hang out in local book stores, shoot some pool with the local yokels.... but of course I can't.

I'm having a hard time being graceful and appreciative about this move. It will be joyful once I find a place. More than anything I think it's being in limbo that has me out of joint. Half my shit is packed in the garage. Thank goodness Mitzi and I labeled all the boxes. Last week I needed mango butter and bees wax. Was able to find them.

Feeling good about my cannabis concoctions. The canna-coconut oil and salve I made came out great and the salve is way less expensive than buying from the dispensary. I'll post the recipes if anyone is interested.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2021, 03:38 PM   #6678
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,524 Times in 10,203 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Thrilled!
My bestie from high school is planning to visit! It looks like the summer if all things go smooth for travelers. Once she gets here we will be taking a road trip. Find all the beaches we can as we head towards the Caribbean sea. Well, I think it's a blend of many waters. I'm just thinking of all the girl chat time!

It's good to have something to look forward too!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2021, 09:12 PM   #6679
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default On top of the world

Getting married in 41 days to THE love of my life. We are having so much fun picking her lacy, light pink dress, and wild socks for my feet. I put on my tux the other night for her...she was so happy...she has never seen a woman in a tux. She is ordering wild socks with butterflies on a pink background for me to wear with my leather Italian dress shoes! Trying to decide on a vest, cumberbund, & bowtie color...perhaps a pastel pink to match her.

IN a few weeks we will begin consolidating our respective households, as I am moving with her! She owns her own home.

Parting ways each Sunday evening is getting really OLD! BUT we have 9 days when we get married, she is taking vacay...we are going to daytrip around the state. We want to sell her place for a bigger place, with a pool & garden space!!
Old 01-03-2021, 10:48 PM   #6680
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Pretty dang good. I did the math and discovered I can have my debt completely paid off in four months if I Scrooge it, am dilligent about it. Or just six if I afford myself a bit of fun each month, and that's without any additional COVID relife monies. It would sure be great if we get another stimulus check but I'm not banking on it. However if we do, I'm going to reward myself with something major I've been wanting for a very long time – a freezer! For which I will pay cash. Lesson learned.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post: