Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
There is this new "comedy" show made by some guy called "Sacha Baron Cohen" who I had never really seen before on air, although I had seen his name bandied about. It's called "Who Is America?" and airs on Showtime. I was able to watch about the 1st 7 minutes of the 28 minute show, when I just couldn't take it anymore. I can't think of a word worse than disgust and, in some sense, the show exemplifies a kind of bizarre "perversity of humour" for me. It is very rare that I would have to stop watching a show (unless it was so boring as to be inane), as there are very few things that I might have a reaction to, but this show wins hands down. Baron himself plays characters who are the very worst of the worst of stereotypes, all the while having selected the most stereotypical of interviewees. I didn't find it funny, actually finding it to be inane and crass! And I don't know what on earth I could say apart from that. I don't even feel like posting a YouTube trailer for it.
I saw the first episode and loved it. Yes, it's inane and crass, and it's spot on.

I'm still snickering at the NRA representative who seriously agreed with Sasha Cohen that two-year olds should not get guns because of the "terrible twos."

Cohen showed these idiots for who they truly are and I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Different strokes and all that jazz ...
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2018, 08:33 AM   #542
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Differing viewpoints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I saw the first episode and loved it. Yes, it's inane and crass, and it's spot on.

I'm still snickering at the NRA representative who seriously agreed with Sasha Cohen that two-year olds should not get guns because of the "terrible twos."

Cohen showed these idiots for who they truly are and I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Different strokes and all that jazz ...
Thanks for inputting your viewpoint, I was curious to know what others thought about the show - especially Americans, I appreciate any and all comments btw.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2018, 11:18 AM   #543
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

We watched a few episodes of Luther on Netflix....then watched a few more. It's a very good show. Lots of.forensic psychology, though I'm not sure how accurate the information is.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:07 AM   #544
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I watched Gone Baby Gone while my honey was out, then told him he needed to watch it when we got into bed.

I fell asleep half way (ok quarter way) through and his eyes were glued. Great movie! Definitely unfolds..
Old 08-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #545
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Last weekend I finally caved and started watching The Handmaid's Tale. OMG ... how depressing! Yes, it's very well made and very well acted... but still ... with all that's going on in this country now... damn!!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2018, 06:43 PM   #546
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Last weekend I finally caved and started watching The Handmaid's Tale. OMG ... how depressing! Yes, it's very well made and very well acted... but still ... with all that's going on in this country now... damn!!

I did the same thing not too long ago and had the same reaction. I got through three or four episodes and that was all I could handle. It was extremely well acted and written but in today's political climate, it's all just too real. I remember seeing the original so long ago and it seeming very surreal and science fiction like, but not so much this time around.

The last excellent show I watched, besides the new season of OITNB was Killing Eve. Wow, that was the best thing I've seen in a very long time. I highly recommend it.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:31 PM   #547
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

I felt the same way about The Handmaid's Tale. Killing Eve was amazing. Sandra Oh deserves the award. Top of the Lake both seasons. I liked the
Split. There are many other British and Australian show. I wish I hadn't seen Rake it's either netflix or amazon. great. The Split was on Sundance. Also on Sundance is a fantastic show written and performed by deaf actors, it has a gay theme as well. Really excellent. It's late, all I can think of now.
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2018, 07:56 PM   #548
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I made the very serious mistake of binging the first season Saturday! I kept expecting it to turn around! I got really WTF?!? I needed an emotional palette cleanser so I watched the entire 15th season of Family Guy!

Honestly? I would not recommend it to anyone in the community at the present time. It's a real downer!

I'll look into this Killing Eve you speak of. It better not bum me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
I did the same thing not too long ago and had the same reaction. I got through three or four episodes and that was all I could handle. It was extremely well acted and written but in today's political climate, it's all just too real. I remember seeing the original so long ago and it seeming very surreal and science fiction like, but not so much this time around.

The last excellent show I watched, besides the new season of OITNB was Killing Eve. Wow, that was the best thing I've seen in a very long time. I highly recommend it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2018, 09:36 PM   #549
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I just watched the first four episodes of Castle Rock and am finding it intriguing indeed...

I can't help but love The Handmaid's Tale despite how scary it is. It has its moments of triumph though!

Started the new season of OITNB but I watch that with Jedi and she's not as much of a binger as I am.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2018, 06:38 AM   #550
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

On Amazon Prime (via the Masterpiece channel) I’m watching Victoria.

I am currently binge watching Lore about legendary things and how they came to be.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:27 AM   #551
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2qt View Post
Just started watching the 1st season of Glow.... A friend told me it was hilarious..... I'm holding skeptical at the moment....
there is a documentary on netflix about the original GLOW its called "GLOW the story of the gorgeous ladies of wrestling"

after watching the documentary it makes the series a little more interesting to watch

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2018, 07:29 AM   #552
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDyke View Post
Lost in Space...although the new Dr Smith version is really kinda scary and hits a little toooooooo close to home atm.

But then sense8 was no less than amazing. Also Penny Dreadful (was sad to see that end)....and trying to get back into Sherlock Holmes and 13 reasons why
i found the original lost on space on hulu...including the original pilot from the 60s

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2018, 09:00 AM   #553
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Handmaid’s Tale.

I recently finished watching this series. My feelings certainly ran the spectrum. I recognized some parallels to our own political climate. It is very troublesome. Women as property? Gays openly persecuted? A very definable caste system? The rise of fanatical evangelicals? It’s way too similar. It could happen. It’s not that implausible, do you think? I could only watch one or two episodes at a time. Some scenes made me physically ill. I believe it’s one of Catherine Moss’ shining performances. At some point I will watch it again to discover a deeper level of symbolism. This is not the series to binge watch, either. After 3 or 4 episodes I started watching the rest during the daylight as I found taking a walk to our neighborhood park helped me shake off my feelings. Some of the scenes will always haunt me.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:41 AM   #554
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialjustice_fsu View Post
I recently finished watching this series. My feelings certainly ran the spectrum. I recognized some parallels to our own political climate. It is very troublesome. Women as property? Gays openly persecuted? A very definable caste system? The rise of fanatical evangelicals? It’s way too similar. It could happen. It’s not that implausible, do you think? I could only watch one or two episodes at a time. Some scenes made me physically ill. I believe it’s one of Catherine Moss’ shining performances. At some point I will watch it again to discover a deeper level of symbolism. This is not the series to binge watch, either. After 3 or 4 episodes I started watching the rest during the daylight as I found taking a walk to our neighborhood park helped me shake off my feelings. Some of the scenes will always haunt me.

I watched the first two episodes of this new season, and i stopped. I found it a bit too dark for even me.

Maybe I will try again one day.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2018, 06:24 AM   #555
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

I started a trial of HBO now. I told my honey he MUST see Big Little Lies...

Meanwhile, I’m watching Olive Kittredge. Loving it thus far.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:59 AM   #556
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I can't bring myself to start the second season "The Handmaid's Tale" or "Orange is the New Black".

Instead? I will be binge-watching the remaining second season of "Anne with an 'E'" (because I need some sweet stuff in my head right now!)
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2018, 11:47 AM   #557
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I am still house and pet sitting today; but while at my sister-in-law's house I didn't find much to watch on Cable TV. The other day I binge watched Law & Order SUV series tee-vee shows, so I dunno. I might go to an video store or an store that sells video collections, just to see if I can find an Law & Order series set to buy. That way I can binge watch episodes on my notebook, when I want to.

But for sure, when Big Little Lies airs its second season (right after the new year begins???), I know my sister-in-law will DVR the new season, so I can watch it next time I go over to help out the family.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2018, 11:55 AM   #558
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Based on the book of the same name. We enjoyed it very much check it out
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2018, 12:10 PM   #559
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

HANDMAID TALE... bit of a spoiler to follow...

socialjustice_fsu … agreed, it's not for binging!

Medusa … I hear ya! The first season is depressing as hell. I pushed through and got to the second season. It's in the first or second episode of the second season that she finally escapes. I've not watched beyond that because I started watching FARGO but I will go back to it. Maybe with our heroine free the show becomes more uplifting?? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I can't bring myself to start the second season "The Handmaid's Tale" or "Orange is the New Black".

Instead? I will be binge-watching the remaining second season of "Anne with an 'E'" (because I need some sweet stuff in my head right now!)
Old 08-14-2018, 04:17 PM   #560
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
I watched Gone Baby Gone while my honey was out, then told him he needed to watch it when we got into bed.

I fell asleep half way (ok quarter way) through and his eyes were glued. Great movie! Definitely unfolds..
Grrr.. thinking.. hmm that sounds good! and.. not available in Canadian Netflix..
That being said.. the newest season of Outlander is available.. bring on a binge

Last edited by Breathless; 08-14-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Breathless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Breathless For This Useful Post: