Old 05-19-2015, 03:36 PM   #2201
Tierney
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Wayne
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey, Mister Wayne

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,162 Posts
Tierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Still Alice, it was about Alzheimer's, early onset of it.

Julianne Moore was the lead actress and did a superb job.

A tear jerker for sure.

I REALLY want to see this - and I am a huge Julianne Moore fan. Have this on my list.
Tierney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tierney For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #2202
Tierney

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Wayne
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey, Mister Wayne

Tierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST Reputation

These will arrive tomorrow:

The Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

Atonement - This sweeping English drama, based on the book by Ian McEwan, follows the lives of young lovers Cecilia Tallis (Keira Knightley) and Robbie Turner (James McAvoy). When the couple are torn apart by a lie constructed by Cecilia's jealous younger sister, Briony (Saoirse Ronan), all three of them must deal with the consequences. Robbie is the hardest hit, since Briony's deception results in his imprisonment, but hope for Cecilia and her beau increases when their paths cross during World War II.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tierney For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2015, 07:46 PM   #2203
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hot pursuit...reese witherspoon and sophia Vergara

Funny!

Tomorrow...Far from the Madding Crowd

Saw a trailer for Jurrasic World, can't wait!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2015, 08:36 PM   #2204
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw Spare Parts, about 4 high school kids that enter an underwater robotics competition against college kids. It's based on a real story. The movie itself was okay. The story is what is so inspirational. George Lopez is in it with Jamie Lee Curtis and Marisa Tomei.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2015, 09:19 PM   #2205
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierney View Post
I REALLY want to see this - and I am a huge Julianne Moore fan. Have this on my list.
I hope you get to see it soon.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2015, 10:59 PM   #2206
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Saw Tomorrowland at the drive-in last night. I liked it, but I like almost all things Disney. It reminded me somewhat of the Young Adult/Hunger Games-type genre, and somewhat of the live action Disney movies of the 70s. George Clooney was very good in it. It was visually very exciting, in that immersion-in-wonder kind of Disney way. The story was pretty exciting in some parts, too, but it was too long and could probably have easily lost 15 minutes and been a better movie.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2015, 03:54 PM   #2207
Tierney

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Wayne
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey, Mister Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I hope you get to see it soon.
Well, before I took off for the wild I saw Still Alice - umm yes, a tear jerker for real. Julianne Moore was wonderful, as always.

I also saw John Wick with Keanu Reeves.

Legendary assassin John Wick (Keanu Reeves) retired from his violent career after marrying the love of his life. Her sudden death leaves John in deep mourning. When sadistic mobster Iosef Tarasov (Alfie Allen) and his thugs steal John's prized car and kill the puppy that was a last gift from his wife, John unleashes the remorseless killing machine within and seeks vengeance. Meanwhile, Iosef's father (Michael Nyqvist) -- John's former colleague -- puts a huge bounty on John's head.

Now I am not normally a Keanu Reeves fan, a friend of mine suggested this. I actually really liked it. Very good.

I would recommend both of these movies.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:13 PM   #2208
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw Tomorrowland today. The movie itself was very good. The acting was well done and the visual cornucopia was spectacular.

BUT

In the first few minutes, I was thrown off by some mistakes made with young Frank's bag. One scene, the bag is wet. The next scene, the bag is dry. One scene, the bag is 3-4 feet away. The next scene, the bag was directly at his feet and he just picked it up. Those blatant mistakes distracted me from the movie for a little bit but I got into it shortly thereafter.

BUT

There was a surprise that tickled me to no end. THIS young man is in the movie. Anyone notice why I might be happy with that?

A prize goes to the first to see it.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2015, 11:19 PM   #2209
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
steampunk vibe

Mad Max!
I've been told the turn of phrase for settings like those of Mad Max is "dieselpunk." I think it fits well enough, even if you could call it more gasolinepunk or petrolpunk or whatev.

Anyway, I just saw it today (with my first cousin once removed), and it was bloody glorious. I don't really even watch movies, let alone action movies, but it was an excellent piece of cinematography: a film that works because it's a film and because the entire work was designed from the ground up for a visual medium, as opposed to all the movies out there that work better as books. No scene or visual is wasted: every single one tells you something about the world and the people in it, and well enough so that you can grasp what's going on even with very little dialogue, owing both to the quality of the scene-setting and the quality of the acting. You don't have to be told what's going on, because you can see it clearly, in a way so well-presented that it makes the unbelievable believable. It's an action movie, and yet it works as well as it does because it has a narrative and a world that feel real, and because the narrative isn't a flimsy justification for what's happening on-screen but rather is what's happening on-screen. It also fits a great deal into two hours as a result of being fast-paced and not lingering on anything more than it needs to, but is still put together with enough skill that it's easy to follow in spite of this. The only real challenge is enduring the sheer intensity, because it is a very visually rich and powerful work. There may be sensory overload.

Also, it manages to be very creepy and intense and tackle profoundly dark subject matter while somehow showing the restraint to not degenerate into a vulgar exploitation flick. It's definitely an R-rated movie, with violence and with segments that made me squirm a bit, and yet it avoided violence for the mere sake of titillation and limited itself to what actually served the narrative. This may be part of the complete lack of wasted time, where for being a two-hour movie it is nonetheless very concise and only shows what actually serves the experience. It's entirely possible that quite a bit ended up on the cutting-room floor.

Suffice it to say there's a lot that can be said about the movie without spoiling it, because what makes it great isn't simply the plot itself but how that plot is executed.

I am still left wondering one thing, though. The conventional wisdom is that action movies don't make their money off of women viewers. I find myself wondering if that holds true for Fury Road--or if it would hold true if more action movies were like it.
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2015, 12:26 AM   #2210
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

We finally saw "Far from the Madding Crowd" this evening.

It was a period piece; not something i go to on purpose, but my Kasey likes that type of thing.

Great movie! I laughed and cried, and for a couple of hours lost myself in the romance.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2015, 11:50 AM   #2211
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Great article!

Re: Mad Mad: Fury Road

Everything you may have wanted to know about dieselpunk!

http://www.dailydot.com/fandom/diese...ginners-guide/

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2015, 01:48 PM   #2212
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

I really didn't think I'd like this but I gave it a shot. Damn. I loved it!

Great movie

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2015, 01:51 PM   #2213
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation
Default Wild

This movie got so many mixed reviews but I happened to
really, really enjoy it!

Reece really nailed it with this one.

"Driven to the edge by the loss of her beloved mother (Laura Dern),
the dissolution of her marriage and a headlong dive
into self-destructive behavior, Cheryl Strayed (Reese Witherspoon)
makes a decision to halt her downward spiral
and put her life back together again.
With no outdoors experience, a heavy backpack
and little else to go on but her own will,
Cheryl sets out alone to hike the Pacific Crest Trail --
one of the country's longest and toughest through-trails.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2015, 07:55 PM   #2214
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypoem View Post

I really didn't think I'd like this but I gave it a shot. Damn. I loved it!

Great movie
Don't stop there! The second installment came out and should be out on Netflix or Redbox soon.

In other related news, when I went to see Tomorrowland yesterday, they played a preview and I absolutely HAVE to see this when it comes out.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2015, 07:42 AM   #2215
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Default So much Yes. So much this.

Good grief this movie had me curled in the fetal position for quite sometime. I am not so sure that I can even give you a good summary.
You just have to see it for yourself.

Loved it. Quite brutal but true story.

HATED it. I am so disappointed in this movie.
I think it was drug out way too long.
And, it wasn't as good as American Sniper to me.
There was something about it that didn't sit well with me.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2015, 06:23 AM   #2216
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

After trying to watch three OTHER movies on Netflix...none kept my interest... I found...

3 Days to Kill with Kevin Costner.

I don't find him to be a dazzlingly good actor, but he has a certain something that makes him fun to watch. The movie was good.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:37 AM   #2217
Tierney

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Wayne
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey, Mister Wayne

Last night I watched:

Lee Daniels' The Butler

After leaving the South as a young man and finding employment at an elite hotel in Washington, D.C., Cecil Gaines (Forest Whitaker) gets the opportunity of a lifetime when he is hired as a butler at the White House. Over the course of three decades, Cecil has a front-row seat to history and the inner workings of the Oval Office. However, his commitment to his "First Family" leads to tension at home, alienating his wife (Oprah Winfrey) and causing conflict with his anti-establishment son.

I have not seen such a poignant movie in quite some time. I tend to watch movies that make you think (from time to time) - especially about things that are relevant to our present and/or past. This one did exactly that. If you have not seen it, you should.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tierney For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2015, 06:40 AM   #2218
Tierney

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Wayne
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey, Mister Wayne

I am not sure that I mentioned that I watched this (a few days ago)

Another movie that makes you think (based on a true story) A definite must see.

Fruitvale Station

Though he once spent time in San Quentin, 22-year-old black man Oscar Grant (Michael B. Jordan) is now trying hard to live a clean life and support his girlfriend (Melonie Diaz) and young daughter (Ariana Neal). Flashbacks reveal the last day in Oscar's life, in which he accompanied his family and friends to San Francisco to watch fireworks on New Year's Eve, and, on the way back home, became swept up in an altercation with police that ended in tragedy. Based on a true story.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:13 AM   #2219
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I watched this You're not You the other day. Hilary Swank stars. It was really good. I found the film in its entirety on youtube
Old 05-30-2015, 12:33 PM   #2220
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

There's a Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family. I'm watching Prisoner of Azkaban now while I clean and organize.

Tags
film, movie