Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 08-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #241
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

A total blast from the past memory.....

Party Monster

... I remember those days. In fact, when we'd go out clubbing we would make it a point to pass the Limelight just to check them out.

Yeah, I think Lady GaGa jacked the Club Kids for sure.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #242
DCStone

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

DCStone Has the BEST ReputationDCStone Has the BEST ReputationDCStone Has the BEST ReputationDCStone Has the BEST ReputationDCStone Has the BEST ReputationDCStone Has the BEST ReputationDCStone Has the BEST ReputationDCStone Has the BEST ReputationDCStone Has the BEST ReputationDCStone Has the BEST ReputationDCStone Has the BEST Reputation
Default Black Swan

I love Natalie Portman. Been watching her since she was in the movie "The Professional".

DCStone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DCStone For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #243
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Sadly, we watched Baby on Board today. I kept thinking it felt familiar, only to realize about 20 minutes from the end that I had, indeed, seen it before.

We watched The Birdcage again on Thursday. We enjoyed that much better.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2011, 06:57 PM   #244
Bootsandheels
Verified

How Do You Identify?:
Classic Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,858 Times in 395 Posts
Bootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Smile "The Help"

This was just an incredible awesome movie!!! Based on the book by the same name, it chronicles the lives of white and black women in the South during the Civil Rights Movement. I don't want to spoil it by telling more, but suffice it to say that it's been a helluva long time since a movie came out that had women's roles of this caliber and strength.

I believe that this is also based on a true story by the writer, Kathryn Stockett. You will NOT be disappointed! I can't wait to see it AGAIN!!!

PS...Bring the tissue-you will be laughing one moment hysterically and then crying the next....
Bootsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bootsandheels For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #245
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

Boots you are so right about the tissues!!!

Just went and saw THE HELP yesterday
I rarely (maybe every couple years) go to a movie theater but I read the book a few years ago and ...movie excellent, keeps to the book very well and the message comes thru loud and clear. Highly recommend this extraordinary movie...even if u have to sit in a movie theater....Dont wait for the dvd.

Last edited by Dean Thoreau; 08-20-2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: typos as usual
Dean Thoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dean Thoreau For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #246
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a major documentary fan. I just watched the companion documentary "If God is Willing and Da Creek Don't Rise" by Spike Lee, his follow-up to "When the Levees Broke." The latter deals with the immediate after-math of Hurricane Katrina. The former deals with the after-math five years later, compounded by the BP oil spill in the Gulf.

Spike Lee is one of those filmmakers -- you either hate him or love him. I've often liked his work, but not all of it. However, in my opinion, I think he has crafted two of the more socially relevant documentaries in recent memory.

If you have not watched either of these and like documentaries, I highly recommend them. Both are available on DVD. However, be prepared to get mad all over again about the Bush administration's anemic response to New Orleans post-Katrina.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #247
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Oldies but goodies

Ebon had not seen Over the Hedge, so we rented that since Netflix didn't have it. We also saw The Crew. I'd seen both, but really enjoyed seeing them again and seeing Ebon's response to parts of them.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #248
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Precious.....

I know I know.. it's an old movie now.. But it had such and effect on me I haven't been to a movie since. It truly was the best movie I've seen in a very long time.
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2011, 07:03 AM   #249
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 02:29 AM   #250
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Cool

gran torino...

"take these three items... some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
Old 08-24-2011, 03:03 AM   #251
Library_girl

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Femme, girl, babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, & other girly words
Relationship Status:
Married to DJ Bear

Thanked 1,247 Times in 280 Posts
Library_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
Precious.....

I know I know.. it's an old movie now.. But it had such and effect on me I haven't been to a movie since. It truly was the best movie I've seen in a very long time.
It was an incredible movie! It had a big impact on me too. One of my all-time favorites.

The most recent movie I saw was "The Help". I just finished the book last week; both were wonderful.
Library_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Library_girl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 04:18 AM   #252
Softly

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Softly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST Reputation

The girl who played with fire
Great movie!
Softly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Softly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #253
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Netflix or PBS

Frontline: The Released(2009) NR

Five years after their landmark documentary The New Asylums, filmmakers Karen O'Connor and Miri Navasky return to the Ohio prison system to chronicle the next chapter in the journey of mentally ill inmates: what happens when they leave prison. The film traces the stories of six mentally ill offenders who face daunting obstacles and slim odds as they struggle to transition from life behind bars to life on the outside.

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #254
sara-bera

How Do You Identify?:
female

Thanked 2,859 Times in 739 Posts
sara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputation

I'm in the middle of BBC's 'Life' series (nature documentaries). It's not quite a movie, I know, but I've not watched a new movie since Captain America a few weeks ago.
sara-bera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:24 AM   #255
J. Mason
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Banned 11/9/2011 - Previously banned member back under new name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He and His
Relationship Status:
Single

J. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST Reputation

Just Go With It and Something Borrowed!
J. Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J. Mason For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 05:28 AM   #256
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Red Riding Hood

and Arthur.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #257
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation

Re-watched "Ocean's 11" before work today. I love that through the whole film Brad Pitt's character is constantly snacking but never gets a stain on those wild suits he wears. (Best line in the film comes at the end: "Ted Nugent called. He wants his shirt back.") Julia Roberts irritates me in that film -- which is sad 'cause I normally like her. But they put her in high heels and she just can't walk like a lady -- stomp stomp stomp -- walks like a linebacker through the whole film. LOL.

The movie theater is expensive and I've stopped buying movies OnDemand at home. Cable TV is lame right now. Every movie channel is showing the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise... omg I've seen them a thousand times now. *laughs* We bought a new (to us/used) TV recently, but I haven't had time/energy to figure out how to hook up the DVD player (We are not electronically inclined in my home.). I'm at a loss for entertainment. Oh wait... I'll go finish one of those books I'm reading ... *laughs*
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #258
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

i really enjoyed "red riding hood'. liked da spin!

recently watched "the sentinel" and "untraceable". love me some good thrillers!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #259
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Happy Endings

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #260
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

"Soul Surfer"

I loved loved this girls perseverance, she's a strong, never give up bad ass woman hero!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
film, movie