Notices

Old 09-21-2017, 07:54 PM   #3081
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

I just saw It Comes At Night . It was crap.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:54 PM   #3082
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Seattle Lesbian & Gay Film Festival 2017
Oct 12-22, 2017
Established in 1996, the Seattle Lesbian & Gay Film Festival boasts the title of being the largest event of its kind in the Pacific Northwest. The event aims to showcase the finest new works being created in the LGBT film world and features both emerging and established talent. In addition to a diverse program of films, the festival provides guests with opportunities to interact with filmmakers in order to gain a more in-depth look into the creative process.
The real drag of this film-fest, well actually any of the film-fests in Seattle IMHO are the long lines, and the way they make you wait and wait and wait to let you in to see the movies!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:03 PM   #3083
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
The real drag of this film-fest, well actually any of the film-fests in Seattle IMHO are the long lines, and the way they make you wait and wait and wait to let you in to see the movies!
I've particularly noticed that to be the case at queer film festivals, so much so that I can't help but wonder if it isn't some weird way of forcing us to mingle. Maybe it's a social experiment. Shove 'em all together in an annoying shared experience, build solidarity based on a tenuous connection of common ire.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:01 PM   #3084
Bootsandheels
Verified

How Do You Identify?:
Classic Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,858 Times in 395 Posts
Bootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

"The Mummy" with Tom Cruise...I had boycotted him a long time ago but decided to try it. Not worth it IMHO, although the special effects were sometimes pretty cool, and the model who played the mummy was gorgeous but alas, and no surprise here...not that good of an actress.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:44 PM   #3085
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Diamond Men (2000)Stars: Robert Forster, Donnie Wahlberg, Bess Armstrong

A thirty-years traveling diamond salesman must mentor a brash young replacement when his company downsizes him.

It moved a bit slow but I really like Robert Forster so I hung in there and really enjoyed it, especially the way it ended..
Old 09-22-2017, 11:23 PM   #3086
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Fences: 2016 Denzel Washington Viola Davis

The acting was good. And I liked the story. But the ending sucked something awful. I thought the main character was a horrible person, with no understanding of emotional responsibility, and extremely selfish, but they made him into freakin angel.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2017, 01:21 AM   #3087
LOQUI

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Non Binary, Trans, Always Me. :)

Thanked 2,486 Times in 848 Posts
LOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST Reputation

"Dragonheart: Battle for the Heartfire"

Review? Hmmm .... I'm a Dragon who likes Dragons movies ....
Isn't that enough?!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5610626/...tt_pv_vi_aiv_1
LOQUI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LOQUI For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2017, 09:19 PM   #3088
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,806 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default GAGA: 5"2

It is a really well-done documentary.

I have a femme crush on her anyway and I think it is a great snapshot of her life.

I had no idea that she had suffered such a serious hip injury during her "Born this Way" tour.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2017, 05:00 AM   #3089
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mamma Mia!

i had no idea this was a movie. i've always wanted to see it live. This movie was over the TOP great and just what i needed.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2017, 07:46 AM   #3090
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

i had no idea this was a movie. i've always wanted to see it live. This movie was over the TOP great and just what i needed.
They are making a sequel to this.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2017, 10:07 PM   #3091
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I spent the evening in the company of my BFF and we went to see The Kingsmen: The Secret Service at the theater! OMG, such a great movie! We got our tickets at 1700 hrs, got our popcorn and candy and drinks, then settled in to watch the movie....there was like about an half hour of movie trailer previews for upcoming movie attractions, then the movie was about 2 hours? We didn't know we'd sat there that long, but the movie was fantastic! Even the score of music was so awesome. I won't give too many details, but the interesting theme centered around John Denver songs (LOL) and even Elton John was in an cameo role. It's an action thriller movie in an similar vein as an James Bond type movie or even Austin Powers or even with a twist of Bridget Jones Diary, type of thing.

I thought it was a fantastic movie!

I'm obsessed with it now, lol!

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2017, 11:57 PM   #3092
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I spent the evening in the company of my BFF and we went to see The Kingsmen: The Secret Service at the theater! OMG, such a great movie! We got our tickets at 1700 hrs, got our popcorn and candy and drinks, then settled in to watch the movie....there was like about an half hour of movie trailer previews for upcoming movie attractions, then the movie was about 2 hours? We didn't know we'd sat there that long, but the movie was fantastic! Even the score of music was so awesome. I won't give too many details, but the interesting theme centered around John Denver songs (LOL) and even Elton John was in an cameo role. It's an action thriller movie in an similar vein as an James Bond type movie or even Austin Powers or even with a twist of Bridget Jones Diary, type of thing.

I thought it was a fantastic movie!

I'm obsessed with it now, lol!

oops, wrong trailer, wrong title!

It was The Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Here's the correct video, as well

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2017, 05:45 AM   #3093
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

An oldie but goodie!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2017, 09:16 AM   #3094
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
They are making a sequel to this.

More sequels.........OMG can't Hollywood come up with some original ideas?

When I worked at the video store I had several customers who were writers and submitted their scripts to Hollywood! These people must get so disgusted when they get rejected only to witness some sequel such as Taken 45 or Fast and Furious 601
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2017, 11:28 AM   #3095
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I had a customer who constantly submitted scripts to Woody Allen! To this day I always check to see if I see her name in the credits as co-writer!
Old 09-27-2017, 12:14 PM   #3096
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

The Glass Castle...a terrific film.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2017, 05:11 AM   #3097
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

We saw Lucy last night. I saw it before but don't think DC is a fan.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2017, 11:47 AM   #3098
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

AWOL

A young woman Joey is in search of direction in her small town. A visit to an army recruiting office appears to provide a path, but when she meets and falls in love with Rayna that path diverges in ways that neither woman anticipates.

I did NOT enjoy this movie ...........
Old 10-02-2017, 05:51 PM   #3099
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,806 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Baby Driver

I absolutely loved this movie!

Action flick? Check!

Completely original? Check!

Sweet at its heart? Check!

Fantastic soundtrack? Check!!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2017, 11:40 PM   #3100
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Victoria and Abdul

Can't say enough good stuff about this film.
It's a great film to go and see, and Dame Judy is as brilliant as ever.
If you can't get to see it at the cinema get it when it comes out dvd.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie