Old 12-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #1921
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw Into the Woods tonight. I forgot it was Friday and opted for a 4 o'clock showing. For someone that prefers empty to near empty theatres, it was fairly crowded. I did enjoy being one of the many who chuckled or guffawed at certain points, though. There were some unexpected funny bits that I liked as well.

I never saw the stage version so I don't know how closely they stuck to the original but I did like it. I think they could have kept it under 2 hours but it was good.

One of the previews was for this movie, which I think I will see.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 09:10 AM   #1922
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Christmas Cinema

Big Eyes.

Fascinating and somewhat sad story, overall. Time period induced. Amy Adams is a reliably good actress and I dig her. Tim Burton moments, for sure. It was okay. This song was quite compelling from the film.

BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #1923
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

Tried to watch "The one I love" on Netflix and couldn't get into it.
I love indie movies, but this one meh.

So, I watched In your eyes (Netflix) def recommend. Trailer below

Also watched "Big Sur" Movie about the
awesome Beat Poet Jack Kerouac.
Damn good movie.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

Last edited by deathbypoem; 12-27-2014 at 10:25 AM. Reason: misspelled a word
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 08:14 PM   #1924
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I saw unbroken.
Intense but powerful with good motivation.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2014, 12:28 AM   #1925
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Mystery Road on Netflicks ( Is that how it's spelled?)... About an Aboriginal policeman, racism, in Australia.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #1926
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

Checked out Refuge on Netflix. I enjoyed it.
It's a tad bittersweet and melancholy.

Did I mention the soundtrack is amazing?

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2014, 03:23 PM   #1927
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

Cool, glad to know it's worth checking out as i have had this in my list, right after In Your Eyes lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypoem View Post
Checked out Refuge on Netflix. I enjoyed it.
It's a tad bittersweet and melancholy.

Did I mention the soundtrack is amazing?

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2014, 04:10 PM   #1928
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Last night we watched the Good Lie on Demand ( I believe its in movie theaters currently as well ) We enjoyed it
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #1929
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Ouija

SUCKAGE
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2014, 07:40 PM   #1930
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Cloudburst, because my mom wanted to see it. Half way through I turned to my mom and said "omg this is fucking awful."
Mom: yes. It is kind of, isn't it.
Me: you mind if we don't bother finishing it?
Mom: no, it's a waste of time. Let's play some cards then.

There you go. I thought it was awful and even my mom couldn't be arsed to finish watching it either.

So far the only dyke love story I've watched that wasn't hideous was Fire (Indio-canadian), Amie & Jaguar (Germany) and Bound (though bound wasn't hideous, it wasn't exactly fabulous either. I know lots of people love it because it has a butch and a femme in it, but I actually care about dialogue, plot, editing, character development... You know stuff that makes a good film, not just a kind of entertaining one that doesn't ask anything of you. Yes, I can be a snob).
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #1931
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

However, the one I watched just before was "the way I live now"
British film about an American girls that chooses to stay in England as WWIII breaks out. It's not loud music, plot shoved in your face crap, it's actually jarring.

Well, it was for me, being a gen X. There is a scene where a nuclear bomb is dropped before war is declared. You don't see the bomb. But the distant effects that are eerie, subtle and very, very frightening, I used to have nightmares about as a teen and in my 20s. They captured my Cold War Bomb nightmares incredibly well. It actually gave me goose bumps.

The ending was a tiny bit of a let down as it seemed to get wrapped up very quickly and suddenly. Bit of a disappointment, the end, but the movie was very well done.
Two fucked up teen agers, both very believable characters, especially the anxious, anorexic, angry, american girl.

I do love a film that has a strong, believable, female hero.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:51 PM   #1932
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Hey crooked cupcake

You might like Tru Love. Nexflix if you have it. It's not tacky or horrible. Little humor and a little drama. I only hit pause once to roll my eyes. That really says something!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2014, 05:46 AM   #1933
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Last night I watched The Counselor....

I almost wish I could clean my eyes and unsee some of the stuff I saw.....

I love Cameron Diaz...but I wanted to see her blown up by the end of the movie....

I really think I was waiting for a big ending where the Counselor uses his sharp legal skills to exact revenge and bring about a happy ending. Then I realized, this movie isn't that old. That just doesn't happen these days....
Old 12-30-2014, 06:11 AM   #1934
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted something I didn't have to think about while I watched it.

I wound up with this:

It was not as horrible as I imagined and I actually laughed a couple of times.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2014, 08:55 AM   #1935
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Finally.

Finally, finally, finally watched The Hours. Must reread some Woolf now and watch it again to get all the references I missed the first time.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #1936
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Conflict 1945

We watched this old Humphrey Bogart movie last night. Moved a bit slow, but all in all it was a pretty good psychological thriller!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2014, 06:18 PM   #1937
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Europa Report- "hard" science fiction (accurate, scientifically sound, well researched) which is so rare these days... It's a thriller and *incredibly* well written and well done. I bloody loved it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2015, 07:18 PM   #1938
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default The movie marathon continues...

We watched the Equalizer with Denzel, Mr. Morgan's Last Love with Michael Caine, and Last Train to Lisbon with Jeremy Irons. All were rather good
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2015, 07:22 PM   #1939
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

John Wick

Meh
Old 01-01-2015, 08:49 PM   #1940
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSunshine View Post
John Wick

Meh
I waffled on this one.

Glad I opted not to pay to see it.

I saw this NYE.

Excellent!

I loved the dragon classification breakdown in the special features.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie